Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
I'd have to agree with Evangeline Lilly. Maybe she could bring her ugly boyfriend with her. Razz

Who is her boyfriend?

Dominic, the hobbit.

CHARLIE!!!!! He loves Eisley tooooooo.
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
I'd have to agree with Evangeline Lilly. Maybe she could bring her ugly boyfriend with her. Razz

Who is her boyfriend?

Dominic, the hobbit.

That's why I said she could bring him. Wink

norad
Vintage Newbie

treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
patrock wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

Who is her boyfriend?

Dominic, the hobbit.

That's why I said she could bring him. Wink

Well duh.
WeasleyGirl
Sea Post King

I don't think Eisley needs to go commercial or start playing on big radio stations like z100 (which is crap now) or get more publicity. They don't need more publicity because they are so amazing just as they are and they have many many adoring fans! I love them the way they are, simply because they aren't flashy and plastered all over telivision screens or billboards. I don't know how I found out about Eisley but it was through some site on the internet and yeah I was upset because they've been around since like 1997 and I found out about them in early 2006! but I guess that's what made them even more special...if you know what I mean. It's the hidden things that are the biggest treasure. Eisley is a treasure. Smile
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

But, eisley does need to go public. some people don't want it but it has to happen.

Y'all, THEY HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING. MAKE MONEY.

Otherwise, they will have to stop making music and get jobs...
Or starve to death.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

WeasleyGirl wrote:
I don't think Eisley needs to go commercial or start playing on big radio stations like z100 (which is crap now) or get more publicity. They don't need more publicity because they are so amazing just as they are and they have many many adoring fans! I love them the way they are, simply because they aren't flashy and plastered all over telivision screens or billboards. I don't know how I found out about Eisley but it was through some site on the internet and yeah I was upset because they've been around since like 1997 and I found out about them in early 2006! but I guess that's what made them even more special...if you know what I mean. It's the hidden things that are the biggest treasure. Eisley is a treasure. Smile

I would wholeheartedly agree, but right now they're putting in so much work for so little security. Yeah, that's financial, but that's vital to them being able to keep doing this. I do wish they could stay closer to this level and be able to do so securely and without the stress and strain of the work. But hopefully Conan is one step closer to that level in reality. To having a more secure footing with their work, to be able to afford more help to take some of the load off themselves (especially Boyd!), and to be able to fully and truly just concentrate on the music and not have survival stalking over their shoulder. So far they've been doing darn fine without much mainstream help, so I'm hoping some good help like Conan can help really boost them.

I'm rambling. But the band have kept some solid control and have already avoided a lof the horrible things they could have done in the name of gaining their footing in their industry. I'm sure they can find what they need without tainting their essence. If they do wind up in the terrible radio market, it would be nice to have some good guys (er, guys and grils) invading mainstream after way too long. But ... I guess we'll all see what happens. And if they can do it without radio and such, suh-weeet. hah.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I see what you are saying WeasleyGirl. In my mind I agree...kinda like how a lot of bands: as soon as they get MASSIVE, they get the backlash (like.....first thing that comes to mind, Fall Out Boy). I don't want that to happen to Eisley...

Still, I guess the point with them is that we always compare them to "indie" artists...which is cool except they are on a major label. It sucks, but I guess what is an awesome fan base for an "indie" artist which is what Eisley has, is mediocre at best for the big companies....especially if they aren't making their money off of the artist/their investment. Its horrible that just because an album doesn't get Top 10 on Billboard its a "failure" for some artists and they get dropped.... But it seems like that's the case a lot of the time. I think it's more about that than Eisley just wanting to get BIG!

THOUGH I hate all that talk about "this is it! If this album doesn't blow them up, its off to get "real jobs!" I know that's the truth, but it's like burying something before its dead. The album isn't even out yet! And usually, bands seem to get big almost as a fluke (we all know its a lot of hard work, but you know....one song catches on....one concert or promotion catches on like wildfire and the ball gets rolling).

I have a feeling "Combinations" will be just like Eisley is...one of those word of mouth things that gets big semi gradually but eventually WILL put them on an even bigger map. And even if it didn't, hopefully if they have music in their hearts and souls, which it seems they do...they won't just give up after "Combinations."
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, I don't think there's likely going to be any "instant" fate for Eisley (but hey, the industry has done some weird stuff), which means I don't think they're going to get axed because Combinations doesn't sell a million copies right away. And I don't think they're going to be selling out arena tours next year, either. But Abbie (crazeemunkeyz) is right, that could be the eventuality, especially without some exposure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Oh! Perfect solution: Bill Gates could b e Conan's special guest that night, and decide to donate a big chunk of his fortune to Eisley (who still stay loyal to Apple). Perfect! Very Happy

Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

This is an easy one...Me and me alone. That way I'd have the whole show to win Stacy's heart.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Oh! Perfect solution: Bill Gates could b e Conan's special guest that night, and decide to donate a big chunk of his fortune to Eisley (who still stay loyal to Apple). Perfect! Very Happy

or JK Rowling. Bet she'd have some dough.

Protocol Droid

vivalaspopie wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

or JK Rowling. Bet she'd have some dough.

Yess. There is room for two guests, so they both can be on. Even better!

boone
Vintage Newbie

Clara Bow and Eli Whitney.

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
This is an easy one...Me and me alone. That way I'd have the whole show to win Stacy's heart.

Dude. Cougar. Say no more.

Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:
Clara Bow and Eli Whitney.

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:

Dude. Cougar. Say no more.

It's almost like it's meant to be...To bad almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, or something like that.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Jerry Seinfeld and Bono.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger