Laughing City
CaughtOnFilm
Laughing Citizen

I love vinyl, I can usually find them cheaper than CDs. I love the huge artwork, and listening to it is extra special. I like the limited presses where the record is different colors and stuff. I don't know. Plus, the sound is sooo much better! Right now I'm working on building my vinyl collection as opposed to gathering CDs and MP3s.

My boyfriend and I go record shopping a lot, so its just something fun we both like to do, even though our musical tastes are verrrrrrrrry different. He doesn't like Eisley and I punch him everyday for it.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

mykatjim
Sea Post King

CaughtOnFilm wrote:
He doesn't like Eisley and I punch him everyday for it.

hahaha! Laughing
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

it's amazing how quickly a second thread can get shut down- it's like i broke the law or something. i was just seeking information, and assumed it would be better to start a new thread rather than bring back an old one. i guess i was wrong.
norad
Vintage Newbie

It was only a few weeks old.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

drenchedecent wrote:
it's amazing how quickly a second thread can get shut down- it's like i broke the law or something. i was just seeking information, and assumed it would be better to start a new thread rather than bring back an old one. i guess i was wrong.

It's just keeping tidy. There was a link supplied to this thread and an explanation of why it was locked, and I don't think it deters your ability to get answers. It gets confusing when 2 or 3 related or identical threads pop up, and it has been happening quite a bit lately. So we're just trying to keep things in better order.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:

When a thread about the same topic is less than a month old, there's absolutely no reason to start a new one. Or to be so offended when the new one inevitably gets locked. It's made very clear in the rules and guidelines that duplicate threads will not be tolerated.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Okay, Combinations has been out awhile. What's the 411 on a vinyl release? Smile
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mermaidentwinedshrubbery wrote:
Okay, Combinations has been out awhile. What's the 411 on a vinyl release? Smile

It'll be packaged with the new "Invasion" video and the correct version of "Sun Feet". The estimated release date is sometime after Hell freezes over. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
mermaidentwinedshrubbery wrote:

It'll be packaged with the new "Invasion" video and the correct version of "Sun Feet". The estimated release date is sometime after Hell freezes over. Wink

I think Boyd will slip us the Sunfeet one as a link at some point, or throw it up for online purchase.
sarah haddad
Sea Post King

I love vinyls <3

http://www.last.fm/user/sahhaddad
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

I can't believe Combinations is not available on vinyl.
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

It's a freaking outrage.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

It's on CD actually, check it out.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sunshine
Sea Post King

I love vinyl too. Being kitsch and not entering the digital age is what makes me tick.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Sunshine wrote:
Being kitsch and not entering the digital age is what makes me tick.

but buying combinations (and almost all modern albums) on vinyl would be exactly that. Combinations is already as digital as it gets (due to being recorded digitally). It doesn't matter what format it is. You'll never get that quality you can find in analog recordings.

The only reason for buying it on vinyl would be for enlarged artwork (which would be enough for me. the designs of the album are great).