Laughing City
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

so it's coming out on the 20th, right? Well, I'm in the UK until the 20th, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy it on the day I leave unless there's a music store at the airport, or something.
...well, how soon do music stores physically get albums before the albums officially come out? And I know that if someone tried to go and get something that was really high-profile, like Harry Potter, before it officially came out, that wouldn't happen, but if I went into a music store and asked if I could buy an album that wouldn't officially come out for a few days, what would happen? Is it possible that they would let me buy it?
This sounds like the dumbest question on the planet even to me, but I don't know anything about it--I've never cared when any album or book came out before. I just care now because of the extra songs. (I know I can get them online but it's not the same to me as having them on the album.)
Also, how likely is Eisley to be in the average UK music store anyway? (I'm in England until Sunday, then I'm in Scotland after that.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Isn't it the 21st? A week after?

From what I've read, it's pretty hard to find Eisley cd's in UK stores. But you can still try... good luck. Smile

sleepydusk
Sea Post King

wow, if it's the 21st that's even worse. I couldn't remember which it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Martin
Sea Post King

According to HMV, Virgin and Play.com, the album will be out on the 20th which pretty much confirms that date. I've never heard of an album or single released on a day other than Monday.
I found out that HMV and Virgin Megastore (the 2 big stores where I live) should have Combinations in store on the 20th. I have no idea if the Scottish equivalents will have it in store let alone any airport music store.
I don't know much about when stock is received but I guess that if it comes in on Monday morning, they will stock it as soon as they open (9 AM). If they get the album any earlier, I doubt they'd sell it early but you don't know without trying Smile
Apparently the bonus tracks will be Golly Sandra and Marvellous Things and so might be bit of a let down for those looking for newer tracks.
FledglingZombie
Sea Post King

BONUS TRACKS. DAMN YOU. Sad
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Don't freak out if you can't get the UK version, you won't be missing anything unless you don't own Room Noises and have lived under an Eisley-rock for the past 4 or so years. Kim confirmed that the bonus tracks are Marvelous Things and Golly Sandra, so I wouldn't stress too much if you can't get ahold of it. But if it means a lot I'm sure you'll be able to import it soon Very Happy
Golly, Poster

I was in Heathrow last summer and bought a cd from a music store in the airport. If you're flying out of there you should be good.
sleepydusk
Sea Post King

wow, maybe I will be able to buy it then.
but I'm glad that it's not a big deal if I can't get the bonus tracks. It would still be cool to have the UK version just because I'm a nerd though.

Grantticus
Golly, Poster

Scotland's not just hills.

It'll be in all the major stores
your HMVs, Virgins and probably Fopp

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

sukieinthe_g wrote:
I was in Heathrow last summer and bought a cd from a music store in the airport. If you're flying out of there you should be good.

yeaaah.... but this is Eisley we're talking about here.

If Edinburgh HMVs don't have it, i'll be a-searchin' in Tower records when i get down there. I do believe I am staying pretty much opposite it! Laughing

Midlake weren't huge at all when Van Occupanther came out. I got it at Fopp. mind you, Bella Union are british, i think. Confused

May as well search for it. no harm.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
sukieinthe_g wrote:

yeaaah.... but this is Eisley we're talking about here.

If Edinburgh HMVs don't have it, i'll be a-searchin' in Tower records when i get down there. I do believe I am staying pretty much opposite it! Laughing

Midlake weren't huge at all when Van Occupanther came out. I got it at Fopp. mind you, Bella Union are british, i think. Confused

May as well search for it. no harm.

Yeah, go for it! You never know, you might find it.