Laughing City
Kit
Sea Post King

You played one of my favorite CDs of all time before Eisley went on!!! The last thing I was expecting to hear at a gig at The Parish is Adam Again's Dig....well....that, or maybe a Barbara Streisand record.

Eisley put on a great show, albeit a bit more stripped down. No loud guitars or drums. The first opener, Quiet Company, was very impressive. As someone who generally pays close attention to the Northern Records roster, I'm surprised I haven't caught on with him sooner. 2nd opener, Wesley Jensen, put on an intimate and engaging set as well.

Another cool thing was - we all got to sit down. Some drunk "punk-rawk" guy kept drawing attention to himself tho. I'm pretty sure they gave him the heave-ho.

Hopefully, I won't forget to buy tickets to Eisley/MuteMath in November, so that I can see them all electrical and stuff. Wonder who will open up for who? I suspect MuteMath probably draws a bigger crowd.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Whhhattt?? Quiet Company opened!? Thats pretty dang cool.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I enjoy shows with seating sometimes.

General admission sucks in one respect that even if you get there really early, annoying little girls always seem to sneak their way in front of you.

You don't have to worry about that with assigned seating, you just have to make sure to get a good seat (which normally means bending over for ticketmaster.)

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kit
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
Whhhattt?? Quiet Company opened!? Thats pretty dang cool.

I got his album off of emusic a while back, but never really got around to spinning it much. I'll definitely be doing so asap!!! I actually did recognize a song he played.
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

Wow, you're fast. Laughing

Quiet Company DID, in fact, rule. I bought their CD and listened to it on the way home. A-Maz-Ing.

Eisley was fantastic, of course, and I immensely enjoyed myself. The seating thing was ... well, okay. Nice to not have to stand the whole time. I was tired of sitting after awhile though, my chair wasn't very comfortable. Haha, but it was cool, made the environment very intimate and mellow.

It wasn't ASSIGNED seating, though. Just seating. You had to get there early to snatch a good seat (which I didn't, really, I got stuck on the side with a pole in the middle of the room in my way).

Yeah, I saw the punk rock guy ... he was hanging out like right beside me for awhile, that was effin annoying. He was trying to sing Stacy's part at the end of one of the songs (I honestly can't remember which... Memories, maybe?) and it made my poor ears bleed.

All in all, a fantastic show. I'm glad I got to go.

Last edited by Ecouter on Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Ecouter wrote:
He was trying to sing Stacy's part at the end of one of the songs (I honestly can't remember which... Memories, maybe?) and it made my poor ears bleed.

Must not have been too bad if you could at least tell which harmony he was trying to sing.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Ecouter wrote:
He was trying to sing Stacy's part at the end of one of the songs (I honestly can't remember which... Memories, maybe?) and it made my poor ears bleed.

Must not have been too bad if you could at least tell which harmony he was trying to sing.

Well, Stacy was the only one singing at the time.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

haha, I see.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Yeah, I wanted to knock that guy out for two reasons: being obnoxious and having the worst fashion sense ever.

It was a good show, although I was a bit sad we didn't get to hear Ten Cent Blues. My friend that I got to go along with me asked me why Chauntelle doesn't sing more. Her part in I Could Be There For You was beautiful.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Sherri said they'd be at the same venue in November? Haha, she's wrong, isn't she? I thought they were going to La Zona Rosa.
Super_Dave
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
Oh, and did anyone else notice that Sherri said they'd be at the same venue in November? Haha, she's wrong, isn't she? I thought they were going to La Zona Rosa.

Yeah I notice that as well. It's been a year or so since I've seen them. I still get blown away by there music. Very Happy I should start coming back to this forum. I don't think anyone remembers me.... Sad .....oh well...

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret"

www.purevolume.com/247
Joined: 18 Oct 2004 | Posts: 618 | Location: San Antonio, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zaz
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
no november 2 she will be in house of blues
Kit
Sea Post King

MuteMath and Eisley will be at La Zona Rosa on November 8th. She was mistaken. A MuteMath/Eisley fanbase would need a larger venue than The Parish.
zaz
Sea Post King

Kit wrote:
MuteMath and Eisley will be at La Zona Rosa on November 8th. She was mistaken. A MuteMath/Eisley fanbase would need a larger venue than The Parish.
how much to get in?
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

Kit wrote:

Yeah I thought so! I didn't know where the November show was, and I was a bit surprised that it would be at The Parish. So it's not, that makes sense.

And I agree with Jared - Chauntelle's part in I Could Be There For You was awesome. It took me majorly by surprise, I just looked up and she was singing! I love how tightly their voices fit together. It's gorgeous. Makes me really wish I had sisters I could sing with. Haha.