Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/1131352061/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/1132189692

Thank House of Evil ... I mean Blues for my lame and distant pictures of Christie. They only allow photography in the first three songs, and Christie only sings in the last three. They were unbending in this policy, and tried to rub it in by saying I should have talked to the stage manager beforehand. so I sat in a far corner, crouching behind people, and snapped a few shots when the guards weren't looking.

On the upside, Christie was spectacular. Great job, Christie. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

TheAntrider wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/1131352061/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theantrider/1132189692

Thank House of Evil ... I mean Blues for my lame and distant pictures of Christie. They only allow photography in the first three songs, and Christie only sings in the last three. They were unbending in this policy, and tried to rub it in by saying I should have talked to the stage manager beforehand. so I sat in a far corner, crouching behind people, and snapped a few shots when the guards weren't looking.

Way to stick it to the man, sir. Jolly good show. Lovely photos as well.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Great pictures, considering the circumstance especially... Laughing

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
InMyRock
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:

I think you were sitting right next to me and my brother. We were far house right, front row. The pictures are great! Good job hiding behind my brother, his hat and his tall friend! Haha. Smile

Did anyone else notice that the security guard looked like a biker gang Santa? Razz
erin91
Sea Post King

awesome pictures! haha i think i saw you because I remember seeing someone taking pictures and I was lookin' around to see if anyone saw Very Happy
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

So many nice things about HOB, but so many over the top ridiculous rules that need to be relaxed.
They gave Eisley bands for their family, but we quickly found out that the bands did not mean a freakin seat. You had to buy a ticket for that, or secure a ticket.
The security guard yelled at Boyd when he tried to find seats for the grandparents, (age 70+), and Eisley's mom, (me), needing a seat.
Then Jessica, (Weston's girlfriend), got yelled at when she tried to find a seat for her and Chauntelle's daughter.
Anyway...the place is beautiful, it has great food, and the staff were incredible to Eisley...it's just some of the rules can make your experience there unpleasant.
mykatjim
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
So many nice things about HOB, but so many over the top ridiculous rules that need to be relaxed.
They gave Eisley bands for their family, but we quickly found out that the bands did not mean a freakin seat. You had to buy a ticket for that, or secure a ticket.
The security guard yelled at Boyd when he tried to find seats for the grandparents, (age 70+), and Eisley's mom, (me), needing a seat.
Then Jessica, (Weston's girlfriend), got yelled at when she tried to find a seat for her and Chauntelle's daughter.
Anyway...the place is beautiful, it has great food, and the staff were incredible to Eisley...it's just some of the rules can make your experience there unpleasant.

I SAW THAT HAPPENING! with boyd+grandparents i mean. i KNEW something was up by boyd's body language. if i had realized that was the case, i would have told them about the 2 seats in front of me that no one seemed to want until right before wesley came on. i hope everyone found seats somewhere.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

we got yelled at too. my best friend propped her leg up on the chair while someone wasn't sitting there just to tie her shoe. and the old biker santa security guard man walked all the way over to us in the middle section to yell at her for putting her foot up there. even though by this time she had already put her foot back on the ground! ridiculous!
Jessica
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:

I've had nightmare'ish experiences with HoB too. You're right about them needing to relax some of their ridiculous rules. The venue itself is great, but all aspects of the customer treatment is terrible.

I'm not about to be man-handled at a concert. Pfft...

Vintage Newbie

I think they should be concerned about what customers think of how they are treated there....customers are what keep you open.
If people have a bad experiece there, the place won't last long.
I wonder if anyone has ever expressed this to the management there?
Jessica
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
I think they should be concerned about what customers think of how they are treated there....customers are what keep you open.
If people have a bad experiece there, the place won't last long.
I wonder if anyone has ever expressed this to the management there?

I went to the HoB for a Bond concert a few summers ago and I spent a good amount of time hanging around after the show to find the director to tell him how unsatisfied I was with the way the guards were handling us, and during the four or so minutes I spoke with him, he honestly didn't seem to care.

Therefore, I haven't been to a HoB since.

Lost at Forum

I was not impressed by HoB...
What happened to assigned seating?
It's a rather shabby-looking space from certain aesthetic standpoints...
Of course, they don't allow smoking. That's one good thing.
"Biker Santa" was a creepily amusing visual. Luckily, I wasn't seated too close to him.
They run the place like a machine, which facilitated quick movement of the line. That, of course, sacrifices a certain degree of ambience. The "on-edge" haze lingered for some time...
Of course, I don't have many reasons to attend concerts at HoB regularly.

Back on topic, the opening set fit well with the mood/feel of the tour. I haven't listened to the EP yet, so I have no idea how the full-band arrangements would sound.

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

i was hoping for assigned seats too since i bought the tickets the day they were on sale and i wouldn't be able to make it to the venue til about 8.
i ended up sitting on the far right in the back. it wasn't too bad, but still. Rolling Eyes

but i must admit, the venue is really nice.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
ZooeyGlass wrote:
Back on topic, the opening set fit well with the mood/feel of the tour. I haven't listened to the EP yet, so I have no idea how the full-band arrangements would sound.

If you have the cd, you really should listen to it. He has a full band, and the cd really is good.

...also, thanks Jamie for getting these shots of Christie...your shots are always great! Smile
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

I've never understood the whole "no cameras" policy at any venue. Its not like people are going to make money off of selling pictures of a band performing. I also really don't think its a distraction for the other fans in attendance. I suppose I could understand if a band requests it because they don't want all the flash photography going off while they're playing, but if a band isn't professional enough to handle that then they should think about hanging it up. People pay good money for a concert, and its understandable that they would want something they can remember it buy other than their ticket stub. Cameras should be allowed at all venues.

Now, recording devices is another issue all togehter. You definitely don't want people making bootleg recordings and selling them on eBay. That's just dishonest.