Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

vintage_person wrote:
I can't seem to find it on Youtube either.... I keyworded "eisley fake commercial", "go away commercial" "(fake) commercial", etc and it didnt come up. Can anyone gimme the link (or PM since some find it inappropriate)?

Or just search "Eisley". It shows up.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Clark wrote:
"Go Away" should be used in a herpes commercial. Smile

but teh feelings...

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vintage_person
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
vintage_person wrote:
I can't seem to find it on Youtube either.... I keyworded "eisley fake commercial", "go away commercial" "(fake) commercial", etc and it didnt come up. Can anyone gimme the link (or PM since some find it inappropriate)?

Or just search "Eisley". It shows up.

Bah! I searched "Eisley" and got to page 23 before realizing, there's a "list by date added" feature. Once, I did that there it was Smack dab on page 1. I'm a moron sometimes...

Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

I don't really think the lyrics even fit for the herpes commercial to begin with...and even the juxtaposition itself isn't all that humorous to me. I find all sorts of things to be funny, I just didn't find myself cracking up when I played the video and found it to be in poor taste.

Now, if the song used was Justin Timberlake's Sexy Back then I think that would be pretty funny, but I guess it wouldn't help Eisley out much in the endorsement department.

Rolling Eyes

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
madcat2089
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
patrock wrote:
Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
madcat2089 wrote:
If it got deleted....that is super weak.

The poster requested the thread be moved out of respect.

That video was hilarious and I'm hard pressed to find ways it could be considered disrespectful, unless the person watching it is completely humorless.

The people who didn't find it funny aren't humorless; they just don't find that sort of humor funny. Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying it's impossible to find it funny. I'm saying it's very difficult to find it disrespectful.

Exactly. The only way I could see it possible is if you actually had herpes. And I mean that seriously, not sarcastically.

It seems like there is a sexually-related medical product ad every commercial break in the US, and it's so rediculous that it's just common humor now. Sara says it best in "The Con - the Movie."
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

madcat2089 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
patrock wrote:
Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
madcat2089 wrote:

That video was hilarious and I'm hard pressed to find ways it could be considered disrespectful, unless the person watching it is completely humorless.

The people who didn't find it funny aren't humorless; they just don't find that sort of humor funny. Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying it's impossible to find it funny. I'm saying it's very difficult to find it disrespectful.

Exactly. The only way I could see it possible is if you actually had herpes. And I mean that seriously, not sarcastically.

It seems like there is a sexually-related medical product ad every commercial break in the US, and it's so rediculous that it's just common humor now. Sara says it best in "The Con - the Movie."

Alas, humor -- especially concerning gross sexually transmitted diseases -- is not universal.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
madcat2089
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
madcat2089 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
patrock wrote:
Saellys wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
madcat2089 wrote:

Alas, humor -- especially concerning gross sexually transmitted diseases -- is not universal.

it's more the idea of the commercial than the content.

either way, it's fan fun, that's what fans do. or I guess we could be really boring fans and put "A Sight to Behold" to a George Foreman Grill ad instead. I understand if someone doesn't think it's funny, I just think it's dumb to say it's disrespectful when it's clearly not in any form or fashion. I think crude would be a better choice of word(s).

anyway I could really care less so I'm done now.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Combinations

Winter Song

Pretender - This Fall on the WB

Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

I don't want Eisley too much more "commercialized" than they already are. But afraid I don't have a big say in it. Crying or Very sad I think it's kind of lame to hear Beatles songs for laundry ??? or Nirvana for some soccer mom minivan ad.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Just fit a few Eisley songs into this upcoming season of Grey's Anatomy. Instant mega-success.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Just fit a few Eisley songs into this upcoming season of Grey's Anatomy. Instant mega-success.

"Could I be possibly insane?". Yes Meredith, you are insane. Please stop being insane. I do not like you anymore.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Jared x wrote:

"Could I be possibly insane?". Yes Meredith, you are insane. Please stop being insane. I do not like you anymore.

Haha. I like this.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
patrock wrote:
Jared x wrote:

Haha. I like this.

I love Grey's Anatomy ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
Jared x wrote:

Maybe she'll stop being a psychopath now that her father and mother are out of the picture?

I have high hopes and low expectations for this new season, but I do agree that throwing in an Eisley song during a key moment could be huge.

Lost at Forum

Other shows I think Eisley should show up in: Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill (if it comes back), and maybe Smallville. Or Private Practice, the new Grey's spin-off.

Only if it fits though. I love it when the music is integrated into the scene so well that it makes it a hundred times more amazing (i.e. second season finale of The O.C. with Imogen Heap's "Hide & Seek"). That's when songs I hear on TV really catch my attention.