Laughing City
Kayci
Golly, Poster

Mostly these are of Stacy, as we could see her best.. I have one of Sherri that turned out semi-okay, and none of the ones of Chauntelle turned out well.. we couldn't see Weston at all from where we were, and good photos of Garron are always kind of hard to get because he stands in an awkward spot usually

This was my 4th Eisley show, and my first Eisley show at the Roseland. It's not really my favorite venue, but it's alright. I brought three of my friends, two of which were new Eisley fans and as neither had ever been to a real concert before I was really hoping they'd have fun. I explained to them in line that while these people were nice, cordial beings now, when we got inside and especially right before the band came on some of them would mysteriously turn evil and they'd shove and rub themselves against you and do anything to get closer to the stage. I don't think they really believed me though.

So Eisley comes on, and this girl starts immediately pushing herself into me and digging her elbow into my back.. when I don't budge because I was prepared for it, she moves onto one of my friends, who is made quite uncomfortable by this and is being nudged closer and closer to some girl of a rather mammoth height in front of us. My friend is a short girl. A couple songs in I got pretty mad so I made my friend switch me spots so the shoving girl would have to try to shove me into that woman of amazonian proportions in front of us. The girl gave up shoving me rather quickly and moved back a ways and that was that and we could now enjoy our Eisley show.

They played about an hour-long set, and I don't remember the whole setlist and I definitely don't remember it in order but I know for sure that they played Memories, Telescope Eyes, Golly Sandra, Marvelous Things, My Lovely, Many Funerals, Invasion, Taking Control, Go Away, I Could Be There For You, Come Clean, Ten Cent Blues, and A Sight To Behold.

Aaaand, they also said they had to increase they length of their set so were pulling out an older one, and they played They All Surrounded Me. I gave in to a tiny fangirl scream when they announced that, I was quite happy.

The sound was alright.. I felt that the keys and the vocals of the girls could've been much louder. Also, it was sometimes hard to see Chauntelle, as the smoke/fog stuff would occasionally envelope her.

Oh, and for those of you who are concerned with this sort of thing, Stacy cut her hair and dyed it a light reddish-brownish-blondish color.

I was a little disappointed that hoodies hadn't arrived yet, but I got a purple MKD shirt and it fits perfectly and it's very comfortable.

We left before Mute Math's set because my friend was feeling starting to feel sick and being pressed against by all those people wasn't helping.. then we drove halfway home and topped off a pretty fun night by staying at Shari's for a couple of hours before heading home. Strawberry cheesecake sundaes are most assuredly served in whatever form of heaven you believe in.
Last edited by Kayci on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Thanks for the update!

And I CAN'T STAND when people are like that at concerts. It's so rude! I want to taser them. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

i just saw a pic someone posted of themselves with stacy and i must say, her hair is fabulous.

moving on, i hate pushers as well. especially because i have to go to concerts in my wheelchair and they cant seem to get it through their thick heads that they are forcing me to have to stare at their backs.

glad you had a good time, though
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thanks for the post!

Okay, being a girl who used to change her hair a lot, the hair update is interesting but even more so, I like how they have time to play both older and new songs. Yeah, the one Eisley concert I went too some girl kept leaning into me very rude-like but I stood my ground (I wasn't even THAT close).

Sounds fun though!
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

i heard that they're playing the new album minus If You're Wondering and Combinations.

That made me happy.

And it's a 55 minute set!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

wow, that's a lot of RN.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I'm so glad they're playing older songs (They All Surrounded Me). This better be a continued trend. Glad you enjoyed yourself, despite the obnoxiously rude pushers!
Vintage Newbie

The Portland set was the Boise set minus I Wasn't Prepared and plus They All Surrounded me, Telescope Eyes, and Memories. The order was similar to the Boise set, but I can't tell you exactly where the three new ones fit in there. Somewhere in the middle.

Sherri forgot to sing on Telescope Eyes, that was pretty funny. The band was about halfway through the first verse when Sherri said "I'm supposed to be singing right now, right?" It was great.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:

Sherri forgot to sing on Telescope Eyes, that was pretty funny. The band was about halfway through the first verse when Sherri said "I'm supposed to be singing right now, right?" It was great.

that's a sign that they should take it out of the set for good...
Lady_Gown
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
i just saw a pic someone posted of themselves with stacy and i must say, her hair is fabulous.

Where?
Joined: 02 May 2006 | Posts: 274 | Location: Asteroid B-612
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

people pushing at gigs?

weeeelll, it sortof depends on the music.

Eisley? no sir.
Mute math? Yes please! When i saw them I was nearly pushed onto the stage (it's about 10 inches high) and into paul a fair few times!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Lady_Gown wrote:

Where?

Go to Flickr, search for Eisley, then most recent.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
Lady_Gown wrote:

Where?

Or link them to it.:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malindasueamabisca/1420696753/
Catey
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
Lady_Gown wrote:

Where?

Or link them to it.:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malindasueamabisca/1420696753/

woah Stacy is totally hairstalking me.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

haha, i love stacy's hair when its darker like that. Smile

and, i so would have just turned around immediately and screamed at the girl who was pushing you. that would have scared her off. haah

the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida