Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

I think you could have left out that sentence, Kim. That comes off as totally rude towards Sarah who's post did not warrant a rude response.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

I think you could have left out that sentence, Kim. That comes off as totally rude towards Sarah who's post did not warrant a rude response.

I may have caused this with my stupid comment.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
patrock wrote:

I may have caused this with my stupid comment.

and to think, it all could have been prevented with a winking emoticon.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Yeah it's ok. I was totally just curious. I'm always happy when good things happen to good people. Smile
the igonorance motif
Golly, Poster

I dig Ben Sherman, very much so. Though, it's mostly because I get a semi decent discount on the stuff Very Happy My love of all Ben Sherman apparel equals that of my love for Eisley however, so this melding of the two is overly sweet.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Weston needs to get xbox or something to sponser him, he's probably bored at a store like that.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
I do get weirded out when people get irritated when nice things happen for Eisley and there had been several comments that leaned that way.

Wow. I have never seen anything like that and I can't imagine anyone on this forum being irritated by something nice happening to Eisley. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it in the future. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
I do get weirded out when people get irritated when nice things happen for Eisley and there had been several comments that leaned that way.

Wow. I have never seen anything like that and I can't imagine anyone on this forum being irritated by something nice happening to Eisley. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it in the future. Confused

it does happen, here and prolly elsewhere. around here it tends to be subtle. i don't blame kim for being sensitive.

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

Quote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

Wow. I have never seen anything like that and I can't imagine anyone on this forum being irritated by something nice happening to Eisley. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it in the future.

ha ha! yeah, it happens...here and other places too. You would not believe the things that float back to me. Most things I just ignore. We do expect most of it. It's only hard to take when it comes from people that you thought were true supporters, but hey...what cha gonna do? Rolling Eyes Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Quote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

Wow. I have never seen anything like that and I can't imagine anyone on this forum being irritated by something nice happening to Eisley. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for it in the future.

ha ha! yeah, it happens...here and other places too. You would not believe the things that float back to me. Most things I just ignore. We do expect most of it. It's only hard to take when it comes from people that you thought were true supporters, but hey...what cha gonna do? Rolling Eyes Wink

Occupational hazard, I guess. You're a lot more involved in this forum than most musicians' moms are, after all. And I'm sure it's only going to get worse as they get more popular.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Admiral79
Lost at Forum

Yeah...well...one time I got a Super Wal-Mart to close down just for me! Of course it was after I called in a bomb threat.

that probably wasn't too funny. Sorry Confused
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Admiral79 wrote:
Yeah...well...one time I got a Super Wal-Mart to close down just for me! Of course it was after I called in a bomb threat.

that probably wasn't too funny. Sorry Confused

I LOL'd. Wink

Smokemonster
RockerChick
Sea Post King

Noooo! Why? Sad I love hearing from you. Especially since Boyd has been too busy to write. I keep In The Know. Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Quote:
Occupational hazard, I guess. You're a lot more involved in this forum than most musicians' moms are, after all. And I'm sure it's only going to get worse as they get more popular.

yeah...I suspect that I will just be a lurker some day. My involvement has been kinda just who are family is...just letting people know that we are very down to earth, and that the band is approachable, and answering questions here and there. However, I plan to shrink back behind the curtain more and more.

And don't get me wrong, I think it's AWESOME that you personally log in and answer fans' questions and treat us all so well. But it can't be good for anyone to take all that on, the good and the bad, and fans will have to learn to live without it the same way they do with other bands. I know I couldn't cope with reading what totally random strangers on the Internet said about my kids. Wink

Smokemonster
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Quote:

yeah...I suspect that I will just be a lurker some day. My involvement has been kinda just who our family is...just letting people know that we are very down to earth, and that the band is approachable, and answering questions here and there. However, I plan to shrink back behind the curtain more and more.

And don't get me wrong, I think it's AWESOME that you personally log in and answer fans' questions and treat us all so well. But it can't be good for anyone to take all that on, the good and the bad, and fans will have to learn to live without it the same way they do with other bands. I know I couldn't cope with reading what totally random strangers on the Internet said about my kids. Wink

Next time anyone laments how the band is not active in their community anymore, I know who to thank for helping.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers