Laughing City
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I was browsing a Brand New community and saw that some fans had made a box.net account for live tracks, radio performances, demos and stuff like that. For those of you who don't know what box.net is, it's an RSS uploader that allows any permitted user to upload songs and anybody online to download them. Anyway, in the thread where people posted how many Eisley songs they had it sounded like a lot of people were interested in getting their hands on some more material. I don't mean we should post demos or other sensitive (stolen) songs on there, but since I've never heard any complaints from the band about bootlegs I think this would be a great way to share. Also, because people can upload on their own it would save OGG/SYP/Trolleywood maintainers a lot of time. Anyway, if this sounds like something any of you would be interested in using or contributing to I'd gladly set up an account.
Vintage Newbie

Uploading files to SYP/OGG isn't that hard or time consuming.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I don't care how, but I do want to obtain as much Eisley material as possible.
norad
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:

Would you kill?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:

Would you kill?

Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:

Would you kill?
I'd definitely consider.
Pantalaimon
Sea Post King

i just really want marsh king's daughter.

poor college kid here
not going to buy the CD twice!!!!

Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:

Would you kill?

Hasn't stopped me before...

Sea Post King

when i saw this title, i thought someone was proposed to or something and i was thinking, " why is that in here....?"
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Yes, everyone is raving about MKD. If its so damn good, I want to hear it. I refuse to buy the album again, especially on iTunes. I heard when you download anything from iTunes, Apple can see whats on your computer. I don't want them seeing that I have a 5.7GB folder of hardcore pr0n on my computer.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

My Blackened Crown wrote:
Yes, everyone is raving about MKD. If its so damn good, I want to hear it. I refuse to buy the album again, especially on iTunes. I heard when you download anything from iTunes, Apple can see whats on your computer. I don't want them seeing that I have a 5.7GB folder of hardcore pr0n on my computer.

I'm pretty sure Apple doesn't care about your pr0n. Especially enough to view it. The song is only available legally on iTunes ... that's just how it is. It's probably something the label decided and it's probably going to be stuck that way for a while.

Of course, that hasn't stopped a lot of people ... so there are ways.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Well I heard that squirrels are the devil's messengers and they spy on us and go back down to hell and tell their master about all the stuff we're doing and then the devil tries to mess it up and make it go badly. Mmmhmm.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

Well I heard that squirrels are the devil's messengers and they spy on us and go back down to hell and tell their master about all the stuff we're doing and then the devil tries to mess it up and make it go badly. Mmmhmm.
Laughing
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
Also, because people can upload on their own it would save OGG/SYP/Trolleywood maintainers a lot of time. Anyway, if this sounds like something any of you would be interested in using or contributing to I'd gladly set up an account.

The thing is, OGG never had many live tracks on it because we only put up ones that had the band's approval, which usually meant soundboard quality and an exceptionally tight performance. So that cuts out probably 75% of the bootlegs out there. And especially now, getting approval through Boyd would be really time-consuming.

I'm not saying don't do it, 'cause I know a lot of fan communities have a system like that and it's really cool in some cases, but if it's not band-approved there could be problems later on.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
norad
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Also, because people can upload on their own it would save OGG/SYP/Trolleywood maintainers a lot of time. Anyway, if this sounds like something any of you would be interested in using or contributing to I'd gladly set up an account.

The thing is, OGG never had many live tracks on it because we only put up ones that had the band's approval, which usually meant soundboard quality and an exceptionally tight performance. So that cuts out probably 75% of the bootlegs out there. And especially now, getting approval through Boyd would be really time-consuming.

I added whatever was in the folder along with my OGG stuff. Laughing I don't know where I got half of it.