Laughing City
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

the title of this post is very misleading, but basically, i've been at school for just over a week and already got 7 people into eisley. it's incredibly hot so everyone leaves their door open, and i play eisley on my computer all the time, and people just walk in and ask me who it is. hopefully this will continue all year!
oliez
Vintage Newbie

i wore an eisley shirt to the first day of classes last year and that's how I made my first friend in college. she knew of them and asked about them and all was good from then. until she dropped out.

I've posted a few of those flyer/stickers around campus and so I don't know if anyone has checked them out for sure.
Last edited by oliez on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think I made a minor fan or two. I knew a couple of people from the Dallas area who knew about them. But I was done with college by 2004, so that's a poor measure.

Good work, though!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I'm going to Mute Math with about 10 people and some already like Eisley, so that's going to make the show that much better!

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Meggers wrote:
I'm going to Mute Math with about 10 people and some already like Eisley, so that's going to make the show that much better!

lucky you. I can rarely bring one other person to a gig. Confused

(mind you, all my friends are from school, and they're at uni for most of the year).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Like half of the dudes in my class like either punk, hardcore or they are emo or scene or some stupid thing. (I cant tell, its all blending into each other now) So there is a slight change one person in my class besides me might like them.

Too lazy/embarrassed to ask. Im kinda a shy dude and hardly talk. Plus, they, for some reason think Im some sort of suck up. Whatever, they can just go 'love' themselves, ya know?
lazerbith
Sea Post King

when i was in college i used to play the laughingcity ep during my drawing class through a boombox. everyone always commented on how 'soothing' it was.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Hopefully all my friends who go to Mute Math (most of them like them more than Eisley) will be a little more impressed with Eisley then. I'm thinking so. Very Happy
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

i made my first college roommate fall in love with eisley and guess what, guess what.. we're going to the mutemath show together to see them like 2 years later.
Cabius
Sea Post King

I've gotten a fair number of people interested in Eisley. They actually played at my college (Biola University) last year, so that helped a lot!
"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis
greatbeyond
Sea Post King

that has happened with me when I played "marvelous things" in my car with friends of the non-eisley initiation.

slightly off-topic, but a favorite story of mine--i was waiting in the ferry terminal summer '01 in seattle to go back to bainbridge island and i was blasting radiohead's "pyramid song" with my windows down and this girl in the next car over wanted to know what it was.

she was the one that got away... sigh.... Razz