Laughing City
blor
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
When I think Eisley songs, I think Whoas and Ohhhs.
hahah...same here
Vintage Newbie

blor wrote:
oliez wrote:

hahah...same here

Fer realz. Half of the songs on Combinations have some "whoas" or "oohs". I lovez it. They do it so well. Smile
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Despite Sherri's admitted fear of the ocean there are a lot of nautical motifs the songs... "me would die at sea for you," "lost at sea," "young and agile, seaside born" come to mind first.
Also, is People Go Away really Sherri? I could've sworn it was Stacy...

oh yeah, it's def. Sherri...

Unless Stacy can all the sudden hit some realllllllllllllllly high notes that Sherri can usually only hit.
Eh, I dunno, Stacy can go pretty high. And the song is rather old so her voice hadn't changed yet. I was mostly confused by the laughing/talking, which all sounds like Stacy
Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Despite Sherri's admitted fear of the ocean there are a lot of nautical motifs the songs... "me would die at sea for you," "lost at sea," "young and agile, seaside born" come to mind first.
Also, is People Go Away really Sherri? I could've sworn it was Stacy...

oh yeah, it's def. Sherri...

Unless Stacy can all the sudden hit some realllllllllllllllly high notes that Sherri can usually only hit.

Eh, I dunno, Stacy can go pretty high. And the song is rather old so her voice hadn't changed yet. I was mostly confused by the laughing/talking, which all sounds like Stacy

Yah, but it's Sherri. The talking parts only make me think it's Sherri even more. Maybe Stacy helped though...
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:

...I think of angels. Embarassed oh, *ahem* I meant death, of course. Death and the beautiful siren song that wraps my soul in awesomeness.
Martin
Sea Post King

They say "you" a few times in Invasion... Wink
But most of their lyrics make use of a repetition of some kind.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sweeeeet wrote:
fairies

Gosh, which song was that? Razz

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Hands
and
Grow
boone
Vintage Newbie

I remember hearing the phrase "all around" a couple of times. "All around me" or "All around us."
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I just realized while discussing "Lady Get Away" in another thread that there are a bunch of Eisley songs that share particular words, and not just common ones like "a" and "the". For instance, there's "Lady Get Away," "Go Away," "One Day I Slowly Floated Away," and the Sherri demo of "People Go Away".

Okay--what are these two songs I've never heard of?? "Lady Get Away" and "People Go Away"? Are these Eisley songs? Is "People Go Away" the working title for the song "Go Away" or just a totally different song? Someone fill me in because I'm going to be more than a little distraught if I'm missing out on awesome Eisley b-sides.

PLEASE HELP Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

expectedperfection wrote:
Saellys wrote:
I just realized while discussing "Lady Get Away" in another thread that there are a bunch of Eisley songs that share particular words, and not just common ones like "a" and "the". For instance, there's "Lady Get Away," "Go Away," "One Day I Slowly Floated Away," and the Sherri demo of "People Go Away".

Okay--what are these two songs I've never heard of?? "Lady Get Away" and "People Go Away"? Are these Eisley songs? Is "People Go Away" the working title for the song "Go Away" or just a totally different song? Someone fill me in because I'm going to be more than a little distraught if I'm missing out on awesome Eisley b-sides.

PLEASE HELP Crying or Very sad

people go away and go away are compleatly different songs.
expectedperfection
Sea Post King

Well then! UGH! I want to know these songs! Wait, what about the other one--"Lady Get Away"--is that an Eisley song, too? I'm so upset about this! I fancy myself such a huge Eisley fan and yet I have let potentially two songs slip by me unnoticed. This is thoroughly disappointing! How can I hear these songs?? I NEED to hear them. NEED to.
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

Well then! UGH! I want to know these songs! Wait, what about the other one--"Lady Get Away"--is that an Eisley song, too? I'm so upset about this! I fancy myself such a huge Eisley fan and yet I have let potentially two songs slip by me unnoticed. This is thoroughly disappointing! How can I hear these songs?? I NEED to hear them. NEED to.

People Go Away is a solo Sherri song, while Lady Get Away and Aristocats are Eisley songs from a group of demos called The Ba--

*is shot*

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

EisleyForever wrote:

People Go Away is a solo Sherri song, while Lady Get Away and Aristocats are Eisley songs from a group of demos called The Ba--

*is shot*

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

You can only hear them if you find someone who has Sherri's demos and the collection of Eisley demos called The Baby and is willing to give them to you. The songs were stolen from the band's computer and have not been released.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...