Bill Richardson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
dont_panic wrote:
shouldn't this be titled "democrats only"? i know that a majority of democrats are liberal, but it really bothers me that the words are used interchangably (same with republican and conservative). i just feel like it makes it seem that if you're a liberal, you automatically agree with everything that the democrats say.

Good point.

Agreed. But I'm so used to the Bible Belt that I didn't even notice the choice of words. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Obama all the way, and agreed on the liberal thing. If anything, I'm a Conservative Democrat, or at least a Moderate who refuses to vote red. Razz
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
dont_panic wrote:
shouldn't this be titled "democrats only"? i know that a majority of democrats are liberal, but it really bothers me that the words are used interchangably (same with republican and conservative). i just feel like it makes it seem that if you're a liberal, you automatically agree with everything that the democrats say.

exactly. candidates from both parties will often become more moderate in order to win when election time comes.

A swing to the left or the right is just for show. I trust a politician more if their position is not malleable with whichever way the political winds may be blowing.

Which is why I love Ron Paul. His voting record makes me weep with joy.
loveisachemical
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:

Which is why I love Ron Paul. His voting record makes me weep with joy.

+++++ a billion.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

And the thread turns right.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

My dad thinks Obama is part of an age old plan to get into office and use his power to destroy America. Laughing

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

hisownshot wrote:
My dad thinks Obama is part of an age old plan to get into office and use his power to destroy America. Laughing

Laughing Wow.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oosker
Sea Post King

I dont understand the Obama hype. I'm unsure about Hillary, she seems a bit borderline to me. John Edwards all the way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
dont_panic wrote:

exactly. candidates from both parties will often become more moderate in order to win when election time comes.

A swing to the left or the right is just for show. I trust a politician more if their position is not malleable with whichever way the political winds may be blowing.

i agree. this is why i have a hard time watching debates. most of the candidates are just saying what they think people want to hear. i'd rather look at past decisions/opinions. I think people can change opinions over a long period of time (ie not in the time it takes to go on campaign), but keeping to one position is essential.

what issues are really important to people? i'd really like to see a lot of focus on the budget issue and possibly health care. i think domestic issues should be a big priority.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

oosker wrote:
I dont understand the Obama hype. I'm unsure about Hillary, she seems a bit borderline to me. John Edwards all the way.
Really? I think he's the quintessential candidate save his "experience" but at this point, I'm willing to gamble. Hilary has no real stance on anything, and John Edwards really brings nothing to the table.

I do like Ron Paul a lot, and was almost sure I was going to vote for him, but apart from his stance on the war, there's not much else I agree with him on.

My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

Im voting for the devil (no, not the one currently in office). This one:

But for all in seriousness, Im not voting, and I will never vote again after my family forced me to vote for Bush at 18. (and im a Conservative)
leighish
Vintage Newbie

My Blackened Crown wrote:

But for all in seriousness, Im not voting, and I will never vote again after my family forced me to vote for Bush at 18. (and im a Conservative)

i don't understand how anyone can force you to vote one way or the other.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:

Or how being forced to vote would turn you off to using your free will when given the opportunity at a later date.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

leighish wrote:

Seriously. Don't you have private ballots in SC?
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

oosker wrote:

yeah, i dont see all the hype around obama, and honestly, i think hes going to fizzle.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>