Laughing City
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i usually don't like people listening to my music - i tried to keep my mom from just taking a cd off the shelf and start listening to it. Compared to our asian folk music, Pink Floyd is a bit out there! (maybe combinations is not, that particular track sounds ALOT like our folk music http://youtube.com/watch?v=qa1yRbO5nNs )

anyway i left the eisley cd in my car and it started playing when my sister borrowed the car for a drive. Needless to say, this pisses me off. I have to keep up my macho image and I don't want people to know I listen to eisley. Now my sister is turned on to this music. Pretty much the only type of music both me and my sister likes is the beatles and eisley.

I might as well use this to my advantage and tell her eisley is an indication that taste in music is immaculate and she shall never question james brown again. She's just one of those pod people who doesn't under the concept of how cool drum and bass is.

I love black music!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:
i usually don't like people listening to my music - i tried to keep my mom from just taking a cd off the shelf and start listening to it. Compared to our asian folk music, Pink Floyd is a bit out there! (maybe combinations is not, that particular track sounds ALOT like our folk music)

anyway i left the eisley cd in my car and it started playing when my sister borrowed the car for a drive. Needless to say, this pisses me off. I have to keep up my macho image and I don't want people to know I listen to eisley. Now my sister is turned on to this music. Pretty much the only type of music both me and my sister likes is the beatles and eisley.

I might as well use this to my advantage and tell her eisley is an indication that taste in music is immaculate and she shall never question james brown again. She's just one of those pod people who doesn't under the concept of how cool drum and bass is.

I love black music!

Yeah, James Brown! Eye to eye, station to station ... I Feel Good! Very Happy So your sister is a pod person? Confused
norad
Vintage Newbie

Unless you have issues with your own masculinity I don't see what the big deal about listening to Eisley is.
What the heck is a pod person?
I don't think I have any musical taste in common with my brother. He's stupid.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Unless you have issues with your own masculinity I don't see what the big deal about listening to Eisley is.

A pod person is from Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Here - James Brown and Pavarotti. Something for everyone!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VCIyzNISw1Q
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

basically, this is one of those "i converted people to the eisley cult" threads with a twist: 1. I didn't intend to. 2. I'm going to use eisley as clout to leverage the legitimacy of james brown's music as not being too funky, but being intellectually above my sister. cause she's a pod person and she never "got" black music.

patrock wrote:

machoism works like this: he who looks weakest gets sucker punched the most. of course my sister won't hit me, but this type of thinking is ingrained into boys in kindergarten throughout all of grade school. So you don't get caught listening to britney spears, eisley, christina aguilera, etc. Eisley might be much more, cultivated, artistic, and higher tatse but its still feminine.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Nick and I were secure enough to go to drive to an Eisley show together. Holding hands.
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

* sucker punches boone
Very Happy
boone
Vintage Newbie

We fought a group of hobos to make up for it.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

...but really, what is a pod person? One who uses an iPod?
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
...but really, what is a pod person? One who uses an iPod?

In the sense that the typical person encountered walking down the street with an ipod acts zombie like. Wink Have you read invasion of the body snatchers, or seen any of the various incarnations of the movie adaptations? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pod_People_(Invasion_of_the_body_snatcher s)
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Just be happy she doesn't listen to gangsta rap like my brother. My step-dad likes Cher and Madonna... and you know what they say about guys who listen to them. Laughing

A year ago, my cousin (who's 30) wouldn't listen to ANY female-fronted bands... probably because of the same reason you didn't want anyone to know you did... and now he loves Eisley, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Tegan and Sara. Music is music... listening to women sing doesn't make you feminine.

giovanna
Lost at Forum

ZenArtist wrote:

I love black music!

Music by black people????

Sea Post King

Masculinity, eh? Worried about it,eh? Unless your hiding something, why does people know listening to Eisley make you un-masculine?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:
machoism works like this: he who looks weakest gets sucker punched the most. of course my sister won't hit me, but this type of thinking is ingrained into boys in kindergarten throughout all of grade school. So you don't get caught listening to britney spears, eisley, christina aguilera, etc. Eisley might be much more, cultivated, artistic, and higher tatse but its still feminine.

Please tell me you're joking. Yes, I know the ridiculous ideals of masculinity are pounded into boys at a young age, but do you seriously still believe that your taste in music determines how "weak" you appear?

If you continue to try to hide the "feminine" music you listen to, that will just perpetuate this stupid ideal and make you a sheep. Wear it proudly and you might change some minds.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
My Blackened Crown
Sea Post King

My uncle listens to chick rock like sheryl crow and all the leftist-girl power stuff and hes a manly man.

Also, pimp.