Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

So since I'm not going to be updating OGG anymore, I don't have much reason to hang onto the giveaway stuff that I got through the street team two years ago. My collection has dwindled somewhat, but I've still got a box that includes:

One autographed purple sticker (text on back advertises Marvelous Things EP)
One 11" x 17" autographed Winter West tour poster
One half-page Back To Basics tour flyer
Eighteen brown stickers (text on back advertises Room Noises)
Two 11" x 17" West Coast post recording tour posters
Two 11" x 17" Back To Basics tour posters

I might be able to make a few bucks on eBay by selling the lot of it, but since I got it for free I'd rather pass it along to another Eisley fan. So one lucky person will get the whole box. All you have to do is write a paragraph about why you should get it.

Give me whatever reason you want--if you run a fansite and want some giveaway gear, great; if you want to plaster your room/youth group/coffeehouse/favorite venue with Eisley swag, great; if you just salivate at the thought of free autographed stuff, great. Whatever the reason, write a paragraph about it. Be funny, be greedy, be angry, be whatever. Post it in THIS thread (anyone who makes a new thread for their reason is automatically disqualified) before 6 p.m. CST on Friday, September 21st.

I will pick the best one based entirely on my own biased opinion and mail it out the following Monday (or whenever the winner sends me their address).

Good luck!

EDIT: verdantmemories is the winner! Thanks for entering, everyone!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
Last edited by Saellys on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

Well, first I'd like to say, your real generous. Laughing

I think a lot of fans on here deserve what your giving away, but I think I deserve it because, well, how can I describe my Eisley obsession? I don't think their are words for it. [I hope you don't disqualify me for horrible grammar. Embarassed ] I am just so seriously crazy about Eisley, I think I'd just be one of the most happiest people alive if I got your Eisley box of goodies. Wink
I seriously doubt you'd even consider me, because I have terrible luck, but I love Eisley with all my heart, never have seen them personally or live, and it would just make my day if I won.
Kara.

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:

I think a lot of fans on here deserve what your giving away, but I think I deserve it because, well, how can I describe my Eisley obsession? I don't think their are words for it. [I hope you don't disqualify me for horrible grammar. Embarassed ] I am just so seriously crazy about Eisley, I think I'd just be one of the most happiest people alive if I got your Eisley box of goodies. Wink
I seriously doubt you'd even consider me, because I have terrible luck, but I love Eisley with all my heart, never have seen them personally or live, and it would just make my day if I won.
Kara.

minus points for misspelling of "you're" and "there"
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:

Kara.

minus points for misspelling of "you're" and "there"

For once I'm not going to be a total hardass about spelling and grammar. Wink As long as I get the message it'll be in the running along with everyone else's entry.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ohh erosion
Golly, Poster

wow, you're nice. haha

okay, here's why i should get this stuff, i need posters to cover my blank walls, i've never been to an eisley show and i've never met any of the eisley-peeps. i don't really have any chance with this, no one really knows me here on this forum and i don't post too often. Very Happy also, if i won, i'd be giving half of the stuff to my 8 and 5 year old cousins who LOVE eisley and would burst with joy of having their first ever signed anything. Unfortunately, i don't run a fansite, i don't have a youth group/coffeehouse/favorite venue to put the posters in, but, i do have a room, and i do salivate over the thought of having a lot of eisley stuff!! good luck to everyone, and congrats to whoever gets the box of goodies! me?

okay, well, i'm done. Smile

the things we did
the things you hide
for the record, it's between you and I.
Joined: 10 May 2006 | Posts: 554 | Location: west palm beach, florida
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I can't think. All I have is: Next Thursday is my birthday. Embarassed

(Well, it is.)

mellon collie
Sea Post King

Well i really don't think i'll get it... but:

I have liked Eisley for a long time now, but of course, not as long as many people on this forum, including yourself, I believe. Though I am in the process of converting them, a general dislike of Eisley on the part of most of my immediate family (they're silly) has prevented me from seeing Eisley perform live, thus far. I really love Eisley, however, and the only Eisley memorabilia that I own is their albums, and the free lithograph that came free with 'Combinations.' Thus it'd be really cool if i by some stroke of luck I received some free stuff relating to one of my favorite bands. Also, the walls of my room are almost completely bare, lacking any sense of 'who i am' or what i like. Well, all I have left to say is that I love Eisley in all their amazing glory, and if for some strange reason I do win, you rock. But of course, you rock anyway because you seem like a nice person (especially since you like eisley :]).

have a nice day, regardless.

by the way, Stickers and autographs equal amazingness, especially when related to Eisley!

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I should win the box because it would complete the 1/2 scale Eisley shrine in my parents basement that I have been building out of magazine clippings, setlists, hair strands, and other memorabilia.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

I have my own box of Eisley crap! And my autographed Nylon mag is better than anything you're getting rid of. Razz

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Because I bought Thousand Yard Stare!

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
I have my own box of Eisley crap! And my autographed Nylon mag is better than anything you're getting rid of. Razz

I should make you the winner just to spite you. Razz

Your autographed Nylon mag is not better than my autographed Blender mag, which of course I will never ever get rid of.

Smokemonster
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:

I should make you the winner just to spite you. Razz

Your autographed Nylon mag is not better than my autographed Blender mag, which of course I will never ever get rid of.

Blender is the lamest quasi-hipster mag EVER! I win!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Absent Minded256
Sea Post King

alright, i'll try this.

I think I should get the box of Eisley stuff because I am going to college next year and I would need something to decorate my dorm with. Eisley has a huge impact on my life because my life is mainly about making music and I think that listening to Eisley has strengthened my imagination when writing songs. I've never seen them live YET, mainly because I live in one of the smallest cities in the smallest state in America and it's really hard for me to get transportation to nearby states that they do play in because I don't have a car (yet) and all of my friends that DO drive do not like eisley or won't give a chance to listen to them. And due to the whole location situation, I don't have any posters, stickers, whatever etc. All I have to cherish Eisley are their CDs, their myspace page, and this website. SO JUST SEND ME THAT BOX!! (please Very Happy )

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

i'll mull over this this afternoon and get back to you asap.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i should get all the stuff hannah because you and i disagree on every topic under the sun, except for our love of eisley. Wink

i am not going to give some sob story or try to sway you into giving me the stuff. I simply think you should give it to me because i would like to have it.

thanks

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube