Laughing City
somethingfound
Sea Post King

(Sorry if this has already come up, it's three am and I don't feel like searching through the forum to find any info)

I so faithfully went out on august 14th and bought my cheery little eisley cd.

Only to find out, that if I had bought it on iTunes, I would have gotten one more song.

Now come on, I wanted the actual CD because I'm a sucker for album art (especially sherri's oh so lovely drawings...)

but now I feel jipped because I'm missing a song!
Is there anywhere I can purchase it?
I believe it's called marsh king's daughter...
norad
Vintage Newbie

The only place you can buy it is on iTunes. You can probably find it on some P2P program by now.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Yes, this already came up. Just because you don't feel like doing a search doesn't mean you should just post a duplicate thread.

You're not actually missing a song. You bought the version of Combinations that a lot of other people bought, and the version Eisley wanted everyone to get. What you're missing is a song that the label chose to put on the iTunes release, and which (as I understand it) the band did not consider a good fit for the album. You were not gypped. If you want the song but don't want to pay twice for the album, go download it for free somewhere. There's no reason to be sad or angry about it on Eisley's forum, since it wasn't their decision.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hectorpendleton
Sea Post King

somethingfound wrote:

I so faithfully went out on august 14th and bought my cheery little eisley cd.

Only to find out, that if I had bought it on iTunes, I would have gotten one more song.

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered and then found out that if I had waited, I could have gotten a free EP from my local record store or the extra track from iTunes.
I hope these become available as individual tracks to purchase at some future date.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

at least you didn't get two older tracks on your album. Wink

Actually, they do make it close better... wierdly. I never did like slow Eisley songs.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

mkd....doesn't really fit too well on the album, and I don't particularly like that track anyway. you might like it. nothing to get angry about.

personally I'd rather have the album art and physical cd's since they are so well presented.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

know what makes me sad/angery?
I walkj into art (we have 5 4-seat tables) and there are only 2 people I know at all. never spoken to them, but I sit down with them and another girl I don't know. Next day, they've placed a humongus bag on the seat so I can't sit there. It wasn't worth the effort, so I didn't ask to sit there (pretty obvious they didn't want me sitting there) and went sat at the spare table by meeself. I've been sitting by myself for the past 3 days and it's not that bad (it improves my art, ect.) and I know I shouldn't be bothered- it's not like we're friends; I don't dislike them anymore for it, am just sad, but I'm still a little upset. Is that wrong of me?
my grammar's gone to hell.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

vintage_snowflake wrote:
I walkj into art (we have 5 4-seat tables) and there are only 2 people I know at all. never spoken to them, but I sit down with them and another girl I don't know. Next day, they've placed a humongus bag on the seat so I can't sit there. It wasn't worth the effort, so I didn't ask to sit there (pretty obvious they didn't want me sitting there) and went sat at the spare table by meeself. I've been sitting by myself for the past 3 days and it's not that bad (it improves my art, ect.) and I know I shouldn't be bothered- it's not like we're friends; I don't dislike them anymore for it, am just sad, but I'm still a little upset. Is that wrong of me?

No, that's not wrong of you. There's nothing wrong with wanting a tiny bit of friendliness from strangers/people you might get to know.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

If you're so mad/feeling jipped about it, why are you just now posting about it (more than a month after the fact)?

Just a question.

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

vintage_snowflake wrote:

I've had this problem in high school myself because i tend to socialize with a lot of people with difference races and I also socialize with gays/lesbos. The other kids didn't like it after I hang with the lesbos and then i sit with them again.

This is no reason to lose confidence in yourself; some people in high school are just ....jerks. Go sit with the people who you think are geniunely nice/cool people and socialize with them.

Also, i'm just curious, do these girls dress differently than you do?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:

This reminds a high school art classes I took. There was this nerdy girl who decided to sit at the 'popular' table. They didn't kick her out or anything, but she made everything 10x more awkward...mostly because she said some of the stupidest things EVER. Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

like the actors > marsh king's daughter

but i do like the sherriness of mkd
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

starnothing wrote:
like the actors > marsh king's daughter

but i do like the sherriness of mkd

The Sherriness of it. Niiiice.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

i like the stacyness of LTA Very Happy
it sort of reminds me of escaping song for some reason?
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
If you're so mad/feeling jipped about it, why are you just now posting about it (more than a month after the fact)?

Just a question.

More than a month? Nah, we haven't been in school that long. Only 3 days.
I'm kinda over it because this art class is INTENSIVE and I would hate to be bothered. My CD player keeps me company.

goto page
 | next >>