Laughing City
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
In Kansas time it is officially the day of the show. Smile But, I have about 0% excitement in me. I don't know why I don't care. Confused

Yuh, I'm still undecided about trying to make it or not.

I may just wait till November for the OK show.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
patrock wrote:
In Kansas time it is officially the day of the show. Smile But, I have about 0% excitement in me. I don't know why I don't care. Confused

Yuh, I'm still undecided about trying to make it or not.

I may just wait till November for the OK show.

that is a much better venue (in OK). Cain's Ballroom is great and would go there over Granada any day. It's much bigger (if the show's in the large room (which I'm guessing it is)). I thought about going to the Tulsa show and the Lawrence, but it wouldn't work out.

If you want a close/crowded show you should go to the lawrence. If you want a more chill/country (due to the venue) go to Tulsa.

Usually I'm not nervous about Eisley shows, but for some reason I am for this one. It might be that I'm going with a girl who has/(hopefully) had a crush on me (and doesn't keep it a secret) and it'll be just us two. She tends to bring it up in conversation and starts other very akward conversations that she never feels wierd about starting. So I guess I'm not nervous about Eisley, but what'll happen before and after the show. I'm just glad I'm finally getting my lithograph fully signed (which I really don't care about. it just bugs me that there's 4 sigs on there.)
norad
Vintage Newbie

I posted about the show on my original post. With a ton of spelling errors probably. I don't care.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Aww, sounds like it was a good time. I'm glad you got to meet them! Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Sounds awesome nora Very Happy i wanna meet the rest of them too. only met chauntelle and jon, and boyd. he is part of the band right? Laughing
oliez
Vintage Newbie

wow you were fast Nora. It was a great show and it was great to meet them again even though when I put the lithograph out for stacy to sing she gave me a wierd look (she didn't sign it the first time when it was mailed) and then when Sherri saw it she gave a similar look and said "why is he making you sign that again?" Stacy said "because I'm a rebel."

It was a great show. A great, hot show. These venues in Lawrence need to get some good AC.

I think I have video of the "fire scare" ( I couldn't find it earlier). here's what happened:

Before Golly Sandra Sherri was saying how she could smell something burning, but some guy told her that it was just the lights and she said "yeah okay. but if flames burst out behind us wave your hands (the the crowd) and we'll stop so we won't die." They got about half way through G.S. and suddenly smoke stared billowing out behind Sherri. Everyone started waving their hands and pointing. The band just laughed and didn't pay much attntion. Finally Stacy/sherri/garron looked over and saw the smoke and stopped playing for a couple seconds. They finished the song and looked worried for a bit. They were told it was MM's smoke machine...I'm sure someone set it off to get a reaction.

I'll edit the videos together tonight and post the final one and a group photo (with a classic Sherri face).

edit:

I just took a look at my videos and they're bad. I was hold my camera to my side and I guess I was pointing too far up. The best I have are lights. I didn't get the fire scare like I thought. I still might mix together what I can pull together (there're some good stuff).

but here's the photo (once again...remember it was an oven in there):

my friend couldn't see the camera screen and so she cut out weston. that's why he's out.
Last edited by oliez on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
Sounds awesome nora Very Happy i wanna meet the rest of them too. only met chauntelle and jon, and boyd. he is part of the band right? Laughing

Jon's hiding in back playing, Garron pretends to play. Ala Milli Vanilli>>> Razz
Tree Tops, cool. I hope they play They All Surrounded Me and Ten Cent Blues on Sunday. How was Mute Math? Haven't been hearing much about them. Does Eisley come to sign/meet/greet after their set, or after the Mute Math set?
oliez
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Does Eisley come to sign/meet/greet after their set, or after the Mute Math set?

they come out after their set.
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

any idea if they actually followed that pickRset site?

http://www.pickrset.com/bands/eisley/20071005

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

nerdcorex0 wrote:
any idea if they actually followed that pickRset site?

http://www.pickrset.com/bands/eisley/20071005

I don't think so.
greatgood
Sea Post King

I saw someone's grandparents there. They were really cool.
norad
Vintage Newbie

greatgood wrote:
I saw someone's grandparents there. They were really cool.

that's would have been mine....probably.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Sounds like a great show! I'm glad you had fun. Very Happy

I hope I get the chance to meet them all, or any of them really. I'm just so stinkin' excited to finally be seeing them live I'm not sure what I'll do with myself for the next two weeks until the show, ha.
kelsea
Sea Post King

This was my first Eisley show and I was lucky enough to make it out with a set list, the order/list was:

Come Clean
Many Funerals
Memories
Go Away
Taking Control
Tree Tops !!!
Telescope Eyes
Golly Sandra
I Could Be There for You
A Sight to Behold
Marvelous Things
Invasion

If I'd have known they were signing after I would've stayed to have it signed....If any of you stayed while Garron and Weston were taking their stuff down I was the girl who got on stage to snag one of the set lists (after Garron invited me to help myself of course....heh)

I took some pictures on my sidekick that I'll probably post later, though I'm not sure how clear they are...I was basically sitting on the stage so they're definitely close but the lighting kinda sucked at times for a camera phone
norad
Vintage Newbie

I now offically love Garron. Love