Laughing City
Christina Mont
Sea Post King

Is there a non-demo version of that song anywhere?
norad
Vintage Newbie

Not legally! Wink (If there is one that is)
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The demo version of the song was also obtained illegally.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:

hey whats illegal about going into someones house and taking stuff off of someone else's computer? Question

oh thats right, everything

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

hey whats illegal about going into someones house and taking stuff off of someone else's computer? Question

That makes it sound like the broke into their house. But, was that really how I happened even?
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
mr pine wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

That makes it sound like the broke into their house. But, was that really how I happened even?

i dont know how me saying "going into someones house" can be interpreted as "broke into" but to each his own.

because last i checked if i meant broke into i would of said broke into.

but i dont know how it happened. i wasnt there.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
patrock wrote:
mr pine wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

i dont know how me saying "going into someones house" can be interpreted as "broke into" but to each his own.
because last i checked if i meant broke into i would of said broke into.
but i dont know how it happened. i wasnt there.

Hahah, that's just how it sounded to me. Not saying that's what you were saying. Laughing

And you should say "to each THEIR" own". Since not everyone you say that to will be a guy.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wait, your're a girl Question Wink j/k

wilsmith wrote:

kimtastic
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

And you should say "to each THEIR" own". Since not everyone you say that to will be a guy.

Actually according to proper grammar, if you wish not to specify a specific group (aka...be generic)....you should use the masculine pronoun. So, "to each his own" is grammatically correct....even it is meant to include the female population.

How this makes things more clear, I do not know. I think grammar is silly and we should all just say our favorite words over and over again.
Joined: 28 Jul 2007 | Posts: 103 | Location: Borough of the Greens, NC
norad
Vintage Newbie

kimtastic wrote:
patrock wrote:

Actually according to proper grammar, if you wish not to specify a specific group (aka...be generic)....you should use the masculine pronoun. So, "to each his own" is grammatically correct....even it is meant to include the female population.

How this makes things more clear, I do not know. I think grammar is silly and we should all just say our favorite words over and over again.

I don't care what's grammatically correct about that statement! It's not politically correct. Is that the right term? Haha. Whatever, I think you get the point....
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
kimtastic wrote:
patrock wrote:

I don't care what's grammatically correct about that statement! It's not politically correct. Is that the right term? Haha. Whatever, I think you get the point....

i dont think you have ever tried to be PC have you? i know i sure dont. PC is bunk. Something will always offend someone somewhere.

sure there is such a thing as being tact but PC? no way.

wilsmith wrote:

norad
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
patrock wrote:
kimtastic wrote:
patrock wrote:

i dont think you have ever tried to be PC have you? i know i sure dont. PC is bunk. Something will always offend someone somewhere.

Well, if something seems really politically incorrect to I wouldn't say it. So yes, I would try to be PC
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
mr pine wrote:
patrock wrote:
kimtastic wrote:
patrock wrote:

Well, if something seems really politically incorrect to I wouldn't say it. So yes, I would try to be PC

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You have NEVER attempted to be PC.

And technically the correct term is "To each his or her own," since "each" is singular and "their" is not.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Yes, you know that because you talk to me all the time.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Political correctness can get in the way of the artistic merit of language. Saying 'to each his or her own', while completely correct, it sounds clunky and effectively ruins this common phrase. Personally, I don't think many women would be offended by this save for the ultra feminist types (not feminist in terms of financial and social equality, but in terms of pointless semantics such as these).

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

goto page
 | next >>