Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

It's next Friday. Who be goin'? Me, my best friend, my dad and, my grandparents are going.

I didn't spell check this at all. So, it's probably full of errors.

*spazz mode*
OMGZ AWESOME SHOW.
*end pazz mode*

They played.....TREE TOPS! I have video of it that I took for the sound since I couldn't see much. At the last show in KS I ended up standing nexct to Oilez and the same thing happened at this show. Laughing Much to the dismay of Oliver they played Telescope Eyes and I tapped him on the shoulder 'cause I knew he wouldn't be happy. there was a "fire scare" at one point. Sherri smelled something burning and then we saw smoke. Oliver and some other people were signaling at Garron and he looks and then Sherri looks and she starts laughing. But it was ok and it went away. Boyd siad fog smells a certain way nad this didn't smell like fog. Chauntelle sang and sounded wonderful. Chauntelle lost the use of her pedals though so she seemed annoyed with that. The vocals didn't seem loud enough at times though. All in all it was a great show. I can't remember all the songs but I'll try.
Come Clean
Many Funerals
Maverlous Things
Telesecope Eyes
Go Away
ICBTFY
A Sight To Behold
Invasion
Taking Control
Memories

I think that's all. Not in the right order though!

After the show there was a signing Anne and I got posters and waited in line for about 10-20 mins. Most of the time we stood with Boyd and talked. He made sure the band met me, Anne, my dad and grandparents. But my grandparents were impatinet and left about 5 mins before we got to the table. (LAME) Chauntelle was the first one and she told me I looked like Anne Hathaway which a lot of people tell me so that was cool. She also recognized me from the show last year. Smile Then we got our stuff signed and the Boyd took a photo of us with my dad in the backgorund. While the photo was being taken Chauntelle and I had to get really close and she siad "soryy if I smell bad" and i said "it's okay, you did last time". She laughed.

ALSO! ATTENTION ABBIE: I told Garron that you told me to kick him and he shook his head. Then we sopke about you and Sophie for a small min.

Anne and I are now both slightly deaf. Some horrible pictures and MP3s will be posted tomorrow!! Smile

OH AND THANK YOU KIM AND BOYD FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH MEETING THE BAND EVEN THOUGH IT DIDNT GO PERFECTLY. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Last edited by norad on Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Next Friday is September 28th.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Next Friday is September 28th.

That's this Friday. At least to me...
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I always hear "next" and "this" used interchangeably. Maybe it's like "soda" and "pop" in different regions. Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I'm SOO there, two of my friends and my college class teachers from my church are going with me, maybe more, i'm really excited, but i'm kinda pissed with the Granada.

i've been there twice to buy tickets, the first time was this past friday.i went there and they said i'd have to wait until 7:30 to buy tickets, and i couldn't wait for over an hour, i had to get home.

and so they said, "Come back tomorrow between 12 and 5", so i came back at 4:42, they were CLOSED! so i left a message on their answering machine, i'm still pissed, don't tell someone to come at a certain time when you don't intend on being there, GEEZ!!!!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I always hear "next" and "this" used interchangeably. Maybe it's like "soda" and "pop" in different regions. Confused

I always have to ask for the date when people say "next friday" or the such.

I do indeed remember debating about when to use which one sunday afternoon at my youth group... "This" is the one that's coming up. "next" is the one after that. surely.

Nora, you going with your grandparents reminds me of when I took my dad to see Duke Special. Typically, we bumped into a teacher from school (we always bump into someone or other related to the school on holidays and such), and her parents. and the other teacher from the drama department. that was wierd...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I do indeed remember debating about when to use which one sunday afternoon at my youth group... "This" is the one that's coming up. "next" is the one after that. surely.
I think so too. I take "this" to mean "the Friday closest to today" without counting any time in the past. Therefore "next" would be the one after.
Vintage Newbie

I will be there...by myself. oh well. it's good to go to a show alone once and a while...right?

For a second when I was reading this I thought you were saying the show was the 28th (the same day as the Arcade Fire show up here). I almost decided to skip out of AF then realized I've seen Eisley enough if it comes down to it.

remember to bring some shades for the MuteMath show. they lit the granada up last time.

I just want two things from this show:

1 - Hear A Sight to Behold
2 - get stacy to sign my lithograph (which is lost somewhere in my room in some boxes...)
norad
Vintage Newbie

Five days! Very Happy I wish Hannah still lived near by. She was a good concert buddy last time. Sad
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I got someone to go with me. It'll be her first concert. she's not much a music person, but seems to really like Eisley.
ync
Golly, Poster

would go
you know...provided i live there
would have been a fantastic way to spend my birthday Razz

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
....don't tell someone to come at a certain time when you don't intend on being there, GEEZ!!!!

Not to mention that it screws the bands over on ticket sales! Rolling Eyes
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
....don't tell someone to come at a certain time when you don't intend on being there, GEEZ!!!!

Not to mention that it screws the bands over on ticket sales! Rolling Eyes

agreed, i FINALLY got the tickets, i decided to not mess with going to lawrence to get them, i got them at ticketmaster at a hen house in lenexa area, yeah!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
gimsocoo
Sea Post King

i would go, but im in a University Theatre show that opens that night. so im pretty upset.
norad
Vintage Newbie

In Kansas time it is officially the day of the show. Smile But, I have about 0% excitement in me. I don't know why I don't care. Confused