Laughing City
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

cryptictonight wrote:
Come Clean

A Sight to Behold

How do they handle songs like these live? Do they just leave out some of the added studio instruments/tracks, or do they play with a prerecorded track or something?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
cryptictonight wrote:
Come Clean

A Sight to Behold

How do they handle songs like these live? Do they just leave out some of the added studio instruments/tracks, or do they play with a prerecorded track or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQlWjNDrcCA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k8yiwoR81I

They sound pretty good to me. Except the end of ASTB "and everrrr".
greensuburbs
Sea Post King

Sweet! Thanks for these.

Mute Math looks like they put on a good show.

Vintage Newbie

it's too bad they took out ten cent blues. I was really looking foward to that one. They took it out of the acoustic tour by the time it got around to the one I went to and looks like the same's happening this time. oh well. They'll figure it out by the time the spring tour swings around.

I'm pumped to finally hear They All Surrounded Us live.

I agree nora with the end of the bridge. that'd be a good time for chauntelle to come in. The studio chord is so strong/layered that two vocals can't live up to it.

and I just have to get this out...get rid of Telescope Eyes! The band doesn't want it and even though it was their biggest "single" people don't go to see eisley because they heard that song two+ years ago as much as I hate to say it (not really).
(either they've forgot about the song/band or they've gotten into the band and grew to like other songs and could live w/o TE).

Hopefully I won't feel like this towards Invasion in a few years.
Last edited by oliez on Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

oliez wrote:
Hopefully I won't feel like this towards Invasion in a few years.

Hopefully not. I don't think I will because Invasion is about 10 times more awesome than Telescope Eyes.
I agree that it's about time they drop that one.

Then again, I love hearing other old favorites...
I loved that they played They All Surrounded Me, it was amazing. It's pretty cool that they included it in the set even though it is so old and hasn't made it onto any albums. Made old-time fans like me happy. Very Happy

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

It would be possible to do that vocal chord with a vocal effects processor. I know they even sell stomp pedal models,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/TC-Helicon-VoiceLive-Vocal-Floo r-Processor?sku=183029

That's a lot of money for one chord though, Laughing

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
it's too bad they took out ten cent blues. I was really looking foward to that one. They took it out of the acoustic tour by the time it got around to the one I went to and looks like the same's happening this time. oh well. They'll figure it out by the time the spring tour swings around.

I'm pumped to finally hear They All Surrounded Us live.

Ten Cent Blues is my fav, and I hope they can figure it out live as it is such a lovely song. And yes, I sure hope I can hear the song about a dragon! Play both Ten Cent Blues and They all Surrounded Me in Madison, PLEASE. Very Happy
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I'm surprised a bit that's out, since that seemed to be a favorite off of the album and it sounded do-able / not bad with the few clips I saw on YouTube. I hope they add it back in, in two weeks!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Mystic210 wrote:
I'm surprised a bit that's out, since that seemed to be a favorite off of the album and it sounded do-able / not bad with the few clips I saw on YouTube. I hope they add it back in, in two weeks!
They played it when I saw them and I thought it sounded great. In fact, the two people who saw them with me, who are both new to Eisley, each said that was their favorite.
chichen02

BTW. I shot video of "They All Surround Me" (or is it us? idk.) I will try and upload later tonight.

ALL my Eisley photos are now up on flickr. 41 in all. Smile There are some that are just begging to be captioned, which I shall do when I get back from the store later. peace out.
 |  | 
woman4life
Golly, Poster

The actual set list says:

Come Clean
Many Funerals
Memories
Go Away
The All Surrounded Me
Taking Control
Telescope Eyes
Golly Sandra
I Could Be There for You
A Sight to Behold
Marvelous Things
Invasion

I talked to Boyd a bit before the show. I never did get a chance to see them after. I took a peek around the bus, but everyone was probably all safely inside and most likely resting?

Anyway, I am also a very huge Mute Math fan, so I didn't see them at the merch table. They were already gone. Some of my pics from the show:

I have more, but I'm having computer difficulties, so it may be a bit before I can get them all up here:
http://woman4life.smugmug.com

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number