Laughing City
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

"if you like paramore"

A sight to behold. Just saw it, freaked.
Typing fast, cause I want first post andreally need to go.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I have no idea where this is supposed to be in iTunes. A link would be nice.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

right here! i don't really know how good of a list it is because, well, i don't like Paramore, but it's got some stuff i do like (Rilo Kiley, Sleater-Kinney), so…

edit: actually, looking over the list, there's really only three i like, and they're the last three (well, okay, i kind of like the Avril song, too! Embarassed) listening to the samples, though, it really struck me just how much i don't like the sound on Combinations — the Rilo Kiley and Sleater-Kinney stuff sounded great, but the Eisley song right before them, uh, didn't. i mean the song's great, the performances are great, etc, but the sound ("production", engineering, mixing, mastering, etc.) was just flat, dull, and lifeless — it doesn't leap out of your speakers the way the others do! i guess that's sort of completely off topic, though… actually, i just realised i almost never veer off topic here, and i'm always veering off topic everywhere else!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Last edited by do not be afraid. on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebrightestfirefly
Lost at Forum

rilo kiley and sleater kinny?

absolutely not.

i dont see how they in anyway resemble paramore. at all.
but than again, those types of compilations are usually completely innacurate.

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

well, they're both "rock" bands fronted by women, so… yeah… that seems to be their criteria: "does your band have a hot chick singing in it? THEN YOU SOUND LIKE PARAMORE!" Rolling Eyes
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It could also be "fans of this music tend to enjoy this music, too." Bash them all you want, but a ton of fans came in from the BN, TBS and NFG tours. So it's plausible. Heck, fans of heavy/death/dark metal seem to really dig Eisley when they hear them. It's crazy, but true from my experience.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

well, i love certain types of metal (Black Sabbath, Acid Bath, Electric Wizard, etc), and Eisley, so… it makes sense to me! but, still, why are all the bands fronted by women? it just seems wierd… do Paramore fans only like female-fronted bands? i can understand a few of the mentions, even Eisley, maybe, but, some of them do leave me scratching my head a bit! i still say that's really just a catalog of female fronted "rock" acts…
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
well, i love certain types of metal (Black Sabbath, Acid Bath, Electric Wizard, etc), and Eisley, so… it makes sense to me! but, still, why are all the bands fronted by women? it just seems wierd… do Paramore fans only like female-fronted bands? i can understand a few of the mentions, even Eisley, maybe, but, some of them do leave me scratching my head a bit! i still say that's really just a catalog of female fronted "rock" acts…

It runs the band against a database. The database would be looking at trends, such as people who downloaded Eisley songs also downloaded Paramore songs in a high enough quantity to be on list.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

do not be afraid. wrote:
the Rilo Kiley and Sleater-Kinney stuff sounded great, but the Eisley song right before them, uh, didn't. i mean the song's great, the performances are great, etc, but the sound ("production", engineering, mixing, mastering, etc.) was just flat, dull, and lifeless — it doesn't leap out of your speakers the way the others do! !

I know.. but I felt that that was an intentional effort on the part of the band to contribute to the sound, which would be completely different if done otherwise.. anyways, I like it.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
It runs the band against a database. The database would be looking at trends, such as people who downloaded Eisley songs also downloaded Paramore songs in a high enough quantity to be on list.

nah, i don't think that's it. well, i mean, yeah, they do have somethin' like that, but this isn't that! this is some sort of special playlist picked out by whoever picks out the different playlists you see on iTunes — like the "iTunes Essentials", etc.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

Stop being so logical you.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

actually, out of boredom/insomnia/etc i looked up the "listeners also bought" section for Paramore's last record (they don't have one for just artists, except for a very small list on the artist's iTunes page), and there was only one band that matched up between both lists! i also looked up the list for "Combinations", and Paramore isn't on it! so i think it's pretty obviously not what CUBSWINWORLDSERIES says it is… not that i ever had any doubts…
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Wow, does it really matter this much? It was neat and fun and that was about it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
actually, out of boredom/insomnia/etc i looked up the "listeners also bought" section for Paramore's last record (they don't have one for just artists, except for a very small list on the artist's iTunes page), and there was only one band that matched up between both lists! i also looked up the list for "Combinations", and Paramore isn't on it! so i think it's pretty obviously not what CUBSWINWORLDSERIES says it is… not that i ever had any doubts…

*gives you prize*

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

*gives you prize*

Double prizes!! Winner!!!