Laughing City
blaowsman
Sea Post King

hey people, i never heard of eisley till i heard a rare version of "one more day" by Vast, chauntelle is on lead vocals, i think the hanson drummer is on it and obviously jon crosby is playing in it too.

its a really moving song, chauntelles vocals are stunning! try and find this tune its a must!

anyone else heard it?

Vast are one of my top bands, very original sound, im glad i heard of eisley coz i really like the song "golly sandra"

p.s. search for eisplus if u want to find out more

cheers
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

This song was written and recorded at Hanson's "Fool's Banquet" songwriting collective. Jon Crosby played guitar and sang backup. It's a gorgeous song (and available for download through orangegoldandgreen.net). Smile

Welcome to the forum!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Vast? I thought that was a Hanson song from Fools Banquet.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sukieinthe_g wrote:
Vast? I thought that was a Hanson song from Fools Banquet.

It was co-written by Chauntelle, Zac Hanson, and Jon Crosby of Vast.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I see.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Welcome! That song caused quite a frenzy here, and for good reason. It's excellent all around. Glad you enjoy Eisley, there's a whole lot of great Eisley out there, and a new album not far away.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
blaowsman
Sea Post King

vast have been blowing my mind for years, what do u folks think of vast? i havent heard much eisley but golly sandra and just like we do are great, i seem to like stacy's vox alot and the general feel of the songs she sings too
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

blaowsman wrote:
vast have been blowing my mind for years, what do u folks think of vast? i havent heard much eisley but golly sandra and just like we do are great, i seem to like stacy's vox alot and the general feel of the songs she sings too

Vast is a pretty amazing songwriter, and his guitar skills are undeniable. His music doesn't do a lot for me, but I like the fact that he has sold them online for cheap. I'm surprised he's not a lot more popular. He has some very good hooks.

Smokemonster
Kit
Sea Post King

blaowsman wrote:

I like a few songs by him. My fav for personal reasons will always be "Pretty When You Cry." He came to Austin recently. There was pretty much nobody there. I was kind of surprised. Thought he was bigger. It was a good show, but I think I was expecting something more grandiose.
sweeeeet
Golly, Poster

Hanson had a live chat, and I asked Zac about that song. Here's what he said-

I am a big fan of the band Eisley and on their website, their
dad posted an MP3 of a hauntingly beautiful song called "One More
Day With You" that Chauntelle Dupree sang. I was so excited to find
out that Zac co-wrote this song and it was recorded at Hanson's
recording studio. I can't say enough great things about One More Day With You.Zac, how did the inspiration for this song come about? And will it be on any albums soon?
Zac: As far as "One More Day With You" getting on an album goes, I will
leave that in the hands of the Eisley camp, because no one could
do it better than Chauntelle. That song came about at our yearly song
writing get together called "Fools Banquet". Chauntelle John Crosby (from the band Vast)
and I got together and the rest is history. As far as the inspiration, I think it was
a gloomy day and we made the most of it

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Here is an older thread and journal entry about this. Vast is mentioned at least a couple times in the thread.

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=21346&start=0

http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_21345/

sweeeeet wrote:
Zac: As far as "One More Day With You" getting on an album goes, I will
leave that in the hands of the Eisley camp, because no one could
do it better than Chauntelle.

boyd wrote:
Nothing is to be done with this tune. It's not an Eisley tune... I suppose if those guys want to do something with the song, they can.

So it seems both are taking a pass on recording the song for an album or playing it live. Though Zac's comment came way after Boyd's, so I guess that could change in time? I hope.
thismirage
Sea Post King

Sorry for the extreme bump, but the retail version of VAST's new album April was released today and it has a nice little Jon + piano version of One More Day on it. I was listening to the album and thought the song sounded familiar, and then the lyrics clicked and i remember reading VAST had something to do with the song. I think i like Chauntelle's version is better.

anyway, I'm still in the first listen of April, it's been ok so far, it'll probably grow in a few more listens. Nude is still my favorite album of theirs though.

Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

thismirage wrote:
Sorry for the extreme bump, but the retail version of VAST's new album April was released today and it has a nice little Jon + piano version of One More Day on it. I was listening to the album and thought the song sounded familiar, and then the lyrics clicked and i remember reading VAST had something to do with the song. I think i like Chauntelle's version is better.

anyway, I'm still in the first listen of April, it's been ok so far, it'll probably grow in a few more listens. Nude is still my favorite album of theirs though.

Wow, interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

thismirage wrote:

Sweet! I was wondering if any of the three bands involved would release that song. Frankly, it sounds more like a VAST song than it does an Eisley or Hanson song, so I'm glad Jon did it. I'll have to check out that album. Smile

Smokemonster
norad
Vintage Newbie

I listened to a clip of it in amazon...I don't know...Chauntelle has some sort of sadness in her voice when she sings that song and it didn't sound right coming from that guy. I'm sure it's just 'cause I'm used to Chauntelle singing it. Smile