Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

do not be afraid. wrote:
actually, out of boredom/insomnia/etc i looked up the "listeners also bought" section for Paramore's last record (they don't have one for just artists, except for a very small list on the artist's iTunes page), and there was only one band that matched up between both lists! i also looked up the list for "Combinations", and Paramore isn't on it! so i think it's pretty obviously not what CUBSWINWORLDSERIES says it is… not that i ever had any doubts…

Wait, but it could still be based on sales. Eisley fans might have a superior number of buyers who also got those bands than does Paramore buyers of Eisley. So just because enough people who buy Eisley buy Paramore for them to show up on Eisley's list does not mean that enough Paramore fans buy Eisley for Eisley to show up on Paramore's list.

Wait, what I have in my head makes perfect sense. I'm just typing it poorly. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

Ha. This has become so intricate.
But as regular poster/part-time lurker on both Paramore and Eisley boards I would say most Paramore fans like Eisley.

Paramore fans are nuts (both good and bad) and will check everything related to Paramore.. even if its a picture of Stacy and Zach just hanging out. They will eat it up and listen to Eisley (which is a good thing).
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
Wow, does it really matter this much? It was neat and fun and that was about it.
nope. i was just reading this topic, was bored, and wondered "what if he's right?", and so i looked into it, and decided he wasn't. but, nope, it doesn't matter at all. i was just bored…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
norad
Vintage Newbie

I'm sure the band loves reading all the Paramore bashing. Smile
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
I'm sure the band loves reading all the Paramore bashing. Smile

well, it's not my fault Paramore are incapable of making anything other than complete and utter $#@!*… and if Eisley can't handle the honesty, well, that's not my fault, either!

* well, okay, maybe they're not that bad! just kind of cliche, and stupid, and annoying — i'd give 'em a 5/10… maybe a 6…
norad
Vintage Newbie

There's a nice way to say you don't care for a band. That's not it.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:

The Pot calling the kettle black. WinkLaughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:

2 things:

1. i did it partly because your post pissed me off! you were complaining about "Paramore bashing", and, yet, the only thing negative said about Paramore in this entire thread up to that point was by me, and it was simply "i don't like them." is that really bashing? so, well, i decided to give you some real bashing! 'course, it was really late, and i was only half-awake, so it actually came out pretty flaccid! oh well. i can flame way better than that when i'm on my top game!

2. i always hate how people say things like "there's a nice way to say things, etc", because the "nice" way rarely reflects my actual opinion on, well, anything: i either love something with an intense passion (Eisley), or hate something with an intense passion (Paramore), and there's very little in-between — and when you hate something with an intense passion, somehow "well, i guess they're just not for me" doesn't quite cut it!

besides, i don't believe honesty is rude. period. when you say something "mean" to hurt someone, or to make you seem "cool", or whatever, that's rude. when you say something "mean" because it's honestly the best reflection of how you feel about something/someone/whatever, that's not. to me.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

do not be afraid. wrote:
1. i did it partly because your post pissed me off! you were complaining about "Paramore bashing", and, yet, the only thing negative said about Paramore in this entire thread up to that point was by me, and it was simply "i don't like them." is that really bashing? so, well, i decided to give you some real bashing! 'course, it was really late, and i was only half-awake, so it actually came out pretty flaccid! oh well. i can flame way better than that when i'm on my top game!

I'm just reminding people that there is NO FLAMING ALLOWED. PERIOD. Not even reactionary flaming. I know it's not easy sometimes, and like I've already said: Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Not directly aimed at Do Not Be Afraid ... but at the community as a whole: )

This bickering over stupid stuff lately has more and more people turned off by what used to be a forum that was different from every other one. It's still not as a bad as some, but we fight over stupid crap and people don't like it and they go away. It's awful. When you have to say "at least we're not as bad as they are," it's just denial saying we ARE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
patrock wrote:

2 things:

2. i always hate how people say things like "there's a nice way to say things, etc", because the "nice" way rarely reflects my actual opinion on, well, anything: i either love something with an intense passion (Eisley), or hate something with an intense passion (Paramore), and there's very little in-between — and when you hate something with an intense passion, somehow "well, i guess they're just not for me" doesn't quite cut it!

besides, i don't believe honesty is rude. period. when you say something "mean" to hurt someone, or to make you seem "cool", or whatever, that's rude. when you say something "mean" because it's honestly the best reflection of how you feel about something/someone/whatever, that's not. to me.

It's kinda like, how would you react if someone was bashing Eisley? I'm just going to assume that you really wouldn't like it; that you'd go completely mad! Most people don't want to see their favorite band get talked badly about, even though it's bound to happen, but I think at times it can just go without being said. Like now. You don't like Paramore. Well, okay. Some people do. To each it's own. You've made your point. The End.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

I'm just reminding people that there is NO FLAMING ALLOWED. PERIOD. Not even reactionary flaming. I know it's not easy sometimes, and like I've already said: Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Not directly aimed at Do Not Be Afraid ... but at the community as a whole: )

This bickering over stupid stuff lately has more and more people turned off by what used to be a forum that was different from every other one. It's still not as a bad as some, but we fight over stupid crap and people don't like it and they go away. It's awful. When you have to say "at least we're not as bad as they are," it's just denial saying we ARE.

Oops. I posted before I saw this, Jamie.
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

no, no, i know. it was just late (really late), and i was tired, wasn't thinking straight, etc. and, i think that's also kind of why i put the whole "they're not really that bad…", because, really, they're not — and no band is. but, still, i do enjoy flame-wars… i don't know why… am i the only one? i remember at one forum i actually started a whole topic just for flame-wars! that was fun! we had a flame war over the merits of flame wars (but all in good fun… i think…)
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

do not be afraid. wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

no, no, i know. it was just late (really late), and i was tired, wasn't thinking straight, etc. and, i think that's also kind of why i put the whole "they're not really that bad…", because, really, they're not — and no band is. but, still, i do enjoy flame-wars… i don't know why… am i the only one? i remember at one forum i actually started a whole topic just for flame-wars! that was fun! we had a flame war over the merits of flame wars (but all in good fun… i think…)

Oh, I'm sure I'd get a kick out of telling some people off. ha ha. But people here don't really like it, and I'm not terribly fond of the environment it creates, either. The people who own this forum -- the band, who DO lurk and read this -- especially don't like it.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

The art of bashing involves making it clear that band X is ~*lovely*~ in your opinion, not in your fact. No one cares or should be offended by your opinion, but if you make it seem like what you say is an absolute term for everyone, then this happens.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
The art of bashing involves making it clear that band X is ~*lovely*~ in your opinion, not in your fact. No one cares or should be offended by your opinion, but if you make it seem like what you say is an absolute term for everyone, then this happens.

well, i think that's bull $#@! — of course it's my opinion! that's just common sense! i'd think people could tell the difference between "fact" and "opinion" on their own, without having to be told! if not, well, no wonder this country is so $#@! up… "imo"…