Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

So Sherri posted something about the band Hail Social. So I downloaded some of their songs (they're pretty good actually)... and i recognized that one of their songs was being played at the HOB San Diego while the band was setting up...iono, just wanted to comment on it. haha!!

does eisley set up their music or is it the venue that chooses what's played between bands?

norad
Vintage Newbie

I think that's a playlist Eisley makes.
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

I saw Hail Social open up for Mates of State in '06 and thought they were pretty darn good.

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
kristal
Sea Post King

i ended up getting one of their CDs after seeing sherri mention them and visiting their myspace. i like their remixes more.
i did notice that both the El Rey and San Diego HOB played the same radiohead song shortly prior to them coming out on stage, so yhea, i think they have control of that.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 104 | Location: los angeles, ca
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

kristal wrote:
i ended up getting one of their CDs after seeing sherri mention them and visiting their myspace. i like their remixes more.
i did notice that both the El Rey and San Diego HOB played the same radiohead song shortly prior to them coming out on stage, so yhea, i think they have control of that.

They played "All I Need" right before they came out in Seattle, also. I can't remember hearing it in Portland, but I probably wasn't paying attention.

So yeah, 3 cities is a pretty clear confirmation, haha. (If the Radiohead song you were talking about was indeed "All I Need")
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

In general we have control of what is music is played in between bands. The music from doors to Vedera's set is picked by Vedera, the music from Vedera to the Myriad is picked by the Myriad, and the rest is us,

I used to have a playlist on random, but I got tired of my computer deciding to play the same artist for 3 songs in a row at some point almost every night. So now the playlist is the same for every show.

Everyone should go buy the Hail Social CD, because it is phenomenal. Also, the title track of their brand new EP is very, very good.
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

Haha they played Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite at our show.
I danced and sang.
I felt like a hugeee nerd.
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN