Laughing City

What look to you go for/prefer in women?
I'm female - use makeup
35%
 35%  [ 24 ]
I'm female - au naturale
30%
 30%  [ 21 ]
I'm male - prefer makeup on women
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I'm male - prefer au naturale on women
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 68

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

i prefer light make up on women.

make up should not be used as a replacement for staying healthy (skin is a good indication of health) - i mean, if you're not getting your nutrition, a little too much weight, lots of stress, not enough excercise, not enough sleep, or acne - that means you have issues you need to take care of, not cover up.

Your man will see you without make up sooner or later.

If you have acne, i suggest you try a 3 day apple fast. google it. then add yogurt to your diet or take acidophilus pills. eat more fruits and green veggies; chips and soda couldnt' be good for your skin.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:

If you have acne, i suggest you try a 3 day apple fast. google it. then add yogurt to your diet or take acidophilus pills. eat more fruits and green veggies; chips and soda couldnt' be good for your skin.

There are very few people who genuinely get acne simply because they eat chips and drink soda. (some people have effed up genetics and wack hormones working against them...)

Many times having acne has absolutely nothing to do with how you take care of yourself. i eat better, use better skin care products, and get more sleep than 90% of my friends, but i still have to be medicated to control my acne because i drew the short straw in the genetic lottery. it's a family trait to have it, so... i got screwed. it has nothing to do with what i eat.

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
mister_mime
Golly, Poster

amidthestars wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

There are very few people who genuinely get acne simply because they eat chips and drink soda. (some people have effed up genetics and wack hormones working against them...)

Many times having acne has absolutely nothing to do with how you take care of yourself. i eat better, use better skin care products, and get more sleep than 90% of my friends, but i still have to be medicated to control my acne because i drew the short straw in the genetic lottery. it's a family trait to have it, so... i got screwed. it has nothing to do with what i eat.

yesyes, I agree heartily.
since I hit puberty I had terrible acne, but it's beginning to get better. it's still there, though, and I have had it for long enough to know that what I eat doesn't affect it much.
although, physcologically, I always feel greasy after eating something greasy, and convince myself that my face just broke out in acne because I ate a few fries or something. but that never really happens, it's just in my head.
also, I have my doubts about this apple-fast thing (or any kind of fast, for that matter). from what I have read it "cleanses your body" but really doesn't do much for acne in most cases.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

I agree with all the rest saying i prefer light makeup on girls. Id prefer au naturale over "so much make up you look like you prostitute yourself" I think girls look really sexy with a minimal amount of makeup on
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

amidthestars wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

definitely. i'm 28 and i still have breakouts. i sleep alright, eat quite well, drink lots of water, all the basics. i always thought that once those dang teenage years were over zits would be too. this has not been the case for me or many of my friends. things are much better but certainly not over. sigh.

norad
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:

Along with what Arielle said...

Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne. In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting the acne.
http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/myths.html

And I've heard that in many many places.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I think the whole not wearing make-up thing is kind of funny. Girls who desperately need it never seem to wear it, and girls who don't, end up looking like clowns. Since like 9th grade, I wore make-up everyday, but not a lot..just the basics, and vamped it up for parties or dates or other special occasions. Now I wear it when I feel like it, but I make sure my hair looks good. I refuse to go out in public looking like a muppet.
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
I think the whole not wearing make-up thing is kind of funny. Girls who desperately need it never seem to wear it, and girls who don't, end up looking like clowns. Since like 9th grade, I wore make-up everyday, but not a lot..just the basics, and vamped it up for parties or dates or other special occasions. Now I wear it when I feel like it, but I make sure my hair looks good. I refuse to go out in public looking like a muppet.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lantz wrote:
tahruh wrote:

Are you implying that's what I look like without my hair and make-up done? If so, I don't think this marriage is gonna work. Wink
Lantz
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Lantz wrote:
tahruh wrote:

Are you implying that's what I look like without my hair and make-up done? If so, I don't think this marriage is gonna work. Wink

naw. thats how i look when i don't take a shower.

"theres so much beauty it could make you cry"
-Modest Mouse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Lantz wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Lantz wrote:
tahruh wrote:

naw. thats how i look when i don't take a shower.

that's how i look when i do take a shower! only, uh, with a guitar (or bass, or banjo, or somethin') rather than drum sticks…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
leighish
Vintage Newbie

i have more zits now as a pregnant lady than I EVER had as a teenager.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

amidthestars wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

in any case you shouldn't be eating chips and soda anyway.

mister_mime wrote:

also, I have my doubts about this apple-fast thing (or any kind of fast, for that matter). from what I have read it "cleanses your body" but really doesn't do much for acne in most cases.

I dont' have any doubts; its worked for my friends.
Last edited by ZenArtist on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

ZenArtist wrote:
amidthestars wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

in any case you shouldn't be eating chips and soda anyway.

that's going a bit far. you're not her ma and pa. goodness me.

ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

its just a suggestion, don't read it as a command.

patrock wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

Along with what Arielle said...

Myth #2: Acne is caused by diet. Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne. In other words, food does not cause acne. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their acne. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if acne is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting the acne.
http://www.skincarephysicians.com/acnenet/myths.html

And I've heard that in many many places.

what i mean is that if you eat healthy, get enough sleep, and excercise, you'll have better skin in general. I didn't mean that food directly causes acne.
Last edited by ZenArtist on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>