Laughing City

What look to you go for/prefer in women?
I'm female - use makeup
35%
 35%  [ 24 ]
I'm female - au naturale
30%
 30%  [ 21 ]
I'm male - prefer makeup on women
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
I'm male - prefer au naturale on women
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 68

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, chips and pop and good for you anyway..

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
keeplookinup
Sea Post King

i do wear makeup pretty much everyday. i used to not wear foundation, but my friend recommended me maybelline's pure makeup line and i like it a lot. it doesn't cake on and it doesn't feel heavy on your face or anything. and it's pretty affordable... i just sounded like a commercial...

but i put concealer on blemishes, a little foundation, sometimes powder, eyeliner, and mascara. i sometimes use eye shadow when i want to look nice or something.
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:
amidthestars wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:

If you have acne, i suggest you try a 3 day apple fast. google it. then add yogurt to your diet or take acidophilus pills. eat more fruits and green veggies; chips and soda couldnt' be good for your skin.

There are very few people who genuinely get acne simply because they eat chips and drink soda. (some people have effed up genetics and wack hormones working against them...)

Many times having acne has absolutely nothing to do with how you take care of yourself. i eat better, use better skin care products, and get more sleep than 90% of my friends, but i still have to be medicated to control my acne because i drew the short straw in the genetic lottery. it's a family trait to have it, so... i got screwed. it has nothing to do with what i eat.

in any case you shouldn't be eating chips and soda anyway.

i don't, but thanks for the great advice. i so obviously needed it! Rolling Eyes

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
leighish
Vintage Newbie

OBVIOUSLY ARIELLE.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
amidthestars
Vintage Newbie

lord, i know! if i didn't have somewhat clueless internet strangers to tell me how to live my life, i'd be at a total loss!

all your kind, they're coming clean
they shut their eyes
their mess, their scene
leighish
Vintage Newbie

I AM SO INSPIRED.

theantrider wrote:
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

amidthestars wrote:
lord, i know! if i didn't have somewhat clueless internet strangers to tell me how to live my life, i'd be at a total loss!

quit taking it so seriously. i suggested you not eat chips or drink soda, i didn't tell you to change your religion or something.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Very Happy
norad
Vintage Newbie

I just think you need to chill the the advice. It's obviously not helping anyone in this thread. Unless I didn't read a post where it did help someone.
Last edited by norad on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
leighish
Vintage Newbie

its a good thing I drink Diet Soda, otherwise I'd probably be unrecognizable!

theantrider wrote:
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ZenArtist wrote:
amidthestars wrote:

quit taking it so seriously. i suggested you not eat chips or drink soda, i didn't tell you to change your religion or something.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Very Happy

I didn't see anyone asking for dietary advice. People tend to get annoyed when other people tell them they shouldn't do something, no matter the subject. Seems to me you made a point that didn't apply to Arielle's situation, and then made it that much worse by telling her she should change regardless. Not the best way to carry on a discussion.

And believe me, I'm speaking to you much more civilly than I would if I had been on the receiving end of the chips and soda comment. That would have earned you a great big "F*** off!" from me, since it's really none of your business.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

Truthfully, I like to put melted cheddar cheese all over my face before I turn in for the night.

I can't understand why I get pimples though.

Razz

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

Terebinthia wrote:
Truthfully, I like to put melted cheddar cheese all over my face before I turn in for the night.

Razz

i prefer peanut butter. natural, of course. no trans fats on this face!

Terebinthia
Vintage Newbie

shyviolet wrote:
Terebinthia wrote:

Razz

i prefer peanut butter. natural, of course. no trans fats on this face!

Well, Oreos no longer have trans fats! I shall mash those together and have a cookie mask! (Haha...I don't even eat Oreos.)

Commentary on creepy online men who use fake photos of girly Fabiosos to get the ladies:

"The longer my hair gets, the more sexy I have" - Jamie M.
Joined: 10 Jan 2005 | Posts: 3967 | Location: In between here and there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
ZenArtist wrote:
amidthestars wrote:

Very Happy

I didn't see anyone asking for dietary advice. People tend to get annoyed when other people tell them they shouldn't do something, no matter the subject. Seems to me you made a point that didn't apply to Arielle's situation, and then made it that much worse by telling her she should change regardless. Not the best way to carry on a discussion.

And believe me, I'm speaking to you much more civilly than I would if I had been on the receiving end of the chips and soda comment. That would have earned you a great big "F*** off!" from me, since it's really none of your business.

i understand. lots of things could be misinterpreted on the internet where tone couldn't be interpreted. it was just a friendly suggestion - although my manner was bit too direct.

You are right though, i really don't have any business telling people macdonalds, smoking, soda, or chips are bad for them even if it is correct. I really don't have any business telling people britney spears and lindsay lohan is tatseless music compared to sinatra or chopin or dylan even if it was true.

EDIT: this is interesting though cause I remember reading a book called iCon: the unauthorized biography of steve jobs. Steve would have a personality flaw where'd he'd habitually chide/reprimand and correct even his equals (telling them not to smoke and stuff). The people who work under him. - he'd sometimes would make cry with a type of extremely harsh aggression. Its interesting that I never recognized this trait in myself until now. *shuts up before he says too much.
Last edited by ZenArtist on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

If you do use make-up be sure it's been tested and proven safe.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>