Laughing City

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2007?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 32

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Who thinks the Cubs will win The World Series in 2007? Very Happy

And yes, they are currently in last place after 1 game played.

I vote -- This is the year! Very Happy
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i vote no, Cubs will be in a meager third place and practically out of the hunt for the division by the All Star Break. Soriano will be traded to a contending team by the deadline, and by september chicago faithful will be crowding Soldiers field and not Wrigley.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

If they embrace the winning attitude finally, I see them finally breaking the dry spell in the next few years. They have to think like winners, then good things will happen.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
If they embrace the winning attitude finally, I see them finally breaking the dry spell in the next few years. They have to think like winners, then good things will happen.

If they stay healthy, I think it could be this year. And no, I'm not talking about Kerry Wood (already on the DL) and Mark Prior (starting the season in the minor leagues). If either of them come back to anywhere near their old selves, that would be gravy. But unlike past years, the Cubs are not banking on those 2 being in 2003 form (picking up a couple quality starters in the offseason in Ted Lilly and Jason Marquis). To see Mark Prior not even injured, and sent down to the minors to start the season (he just didn't have good enough stuff to warrent a spot in the rotation) is a sign that things have changed in Wrigleyville. As far as the position players, Soriano should prove a great offseason pickup, and getting Derrek Lee back healthy for the season is as good as an allstar caliber pickup (he was out most of last season in a freak, early-season accident). And most of the crappy OB% guys were traded or released (Neifi Perez for one). And after last year, just getting a new manager like Lou Piniella should go a long way (everyone wanted "Busty Faker" run out of town around July last year, and it just got worse from there).
gundamit
Golly, Poster

Something about spring sends even the most jaded baseball fan into a drunken euphoric state that has them pondering the prospects their team will actually win the World Series. By September most of these fans will have sobered up. I hope you're not one of them ...
Vintage Newbie

they're being sold at the end of the season. there's going to be too many distractions for them.

but hey, at least they looked better than the red sox Embarassed
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't know if this is the year, but if they keep up their current push, they're almost certainly going to see a good upswing. And health (and not depending on Prior/Wood) will definitely help.

Baseball season is fun, at least until people start the doomsday predictions after one game. Laughing Of course, it's fun seeing those proven wrong, too ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Who thought any team from the NL would win the world series last year? Yet St. Louis backed into the playoffs (losing more than than won in September, almost a complete colapse with a 7 game losing streak at the end of the season) and then got hot at the right time in the playoffs. You just never know with baseball. It seemed like the Tigers year last year, and then they didn't get it done.

About the team being sold, Tribune has said it will be at the end of the season. With all the team has invested this year to put a competitive team and good manager on the field, I really don't think the sale of the team in the fall will have any impact. One distraction currently is Carlos Zambrano didn't get his contract extension done before the season started (and before the sale of Tribune was announced). Hopefully they can still get his extension done soon.
thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

: L O L :

even i know cubs never win.
that is all i know about american football apart from lots of high school jocks do it and the waterboy is a funny film.
Odan
Laughing Citizen

thesinisterpenguin wrote:
: L O L :

even i know cubs never win.
that is all i know about american football apart from lots of high school jocks do it and the waterboy is a funny film.

Cubs is ...baseball? right?

thesinisterpenguin
Vintage Newbie

just testing!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I think these 2 were on the team ... about 1999 ... right? Laughing

sea legs
Vintage Newbie

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
I hate baseball,
but for my dad's sake.

Go White Sox!

and for my best friend

Go Cards.

that's the first, last and only time I'll say that for the whole baseball season.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
Odan
Laughing Citizen

I remember the days the Jays were good... Those were the days with Joe Carter. '93 World Series was awesome.
gregorydymitrowicz
Vintage Newbie

My friend stayed home from school the day season tickets went on sale and spent 7 hours sitting on my computer in an e-line to get tickets.

goto page
 | next >>