Laughing City
ronschnarr
Sea Post King

Why don't good bands come to Philly anymore? I have to drive all the way out to Baltimore and get lost just to catch half a show. I promise I will bring my friends if you guys do philly on your next tour. Laughing
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I recently went to see Crowded House. They didn't come to DC and they didn't come to Baltimore. The went to Philly.

I can't explain that one either. Crying or Very sad

superhits
Sea Post King

there are a lot of good bands that come to philly or the tri-state area..
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

cuz phillys ghetto yo!

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

That's why I'm glad my family moved to Dallas. Muwahahaa!

I used to live in central PA and, seriously, not too many bands would stop in Philly that I wanted to see... I think it's just not that huge of a money making market than other cities. The City of Brotherly Love has to compete with the draw of DC, NYC and Baltimore. So that could be a reason why not too many good bands stop there?

keithabbott
Sea Post King

Caley, did you ever listen to or see the Innocence Mission from Lancaster?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I've seen Eisley in Philly twice. Of course, I have never thoroughly enjoyed the Philadelphia concert experience. Crazy, dirty city with psycho jerk security guards (I mean even more so than normal). I have, however, thought the venues were neat, and my friends always made it worth it. And the Eisley shows, too.

I'd guess the headlining tour will stop there.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I think sometimes Philly gets the good shows that Baltimore doesn't, and then sometimes Baltimore gets some and Philly doesn't.

I know there are have been many many many tours I've wanted to see a show in Philly because they weren't coming near me. Like, the Pumpkins are doing a whole bunch of shows there right now!
Caley
Lost at Forum

keithabbott wrote:

No, I have to say that when I lived up in PA about five years ago, I didn't have a good taste in music. I was your typical mainstream fanatic who listened to BSB, NSync and Britney Spears. But I do now though! Haha. Just back then, I was a little teeny bopper.

But since moving to Texas, I have listened to the Innocence Mission, and I wish I had a better grasp on music up there so I would've been able to take advantage of having them as a local band-- it would've been about an hour drive to see 'em perform.

keithabbott
Sea Post King

I was in the same boat as you...listening to Top 40 before I discovered the Innocence Mission in 1990. They were the first "alternative" band that I ever liked that wasn't being played on Top 40 radio. Ever since, I've been primarily listening to indie or less significant major label bands/artists. Back then MTV actually played music videos..that's partially how I discoved them via a daytime interview and subsequent airings on 120 Minutes.

Although with Eisely, I so happened to discover them because I was visiting StarWars.com at the time and they were featured that week on the site.

In fact, here's that very article:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/publicity/news20051111.htm l

Caley wrote:
keithabbott wrote:

No, I have to say that when I lived up in PA about five years ago, I didn't have a good taste in music. I was your typical mainstream fanatic who listened to BSB, NSync and Britney Spears. But I do now though! Haha. Just back then, I was a little teeny bopper.

But since moving to Texas, I have listened to the Innocence Mission, and I wish I had a better grasp on music up there so I would've been able to take advantage of having them as a local band-- it would've been about an hour drive to see 'em perform.