Laughing City
chichen02

Saellys wrote:
I've seen that movie several times and I'm not sure how anyone can claim to understand it. How did he travel back in time? HOW?!

Also, good catch doreen! I never realized that's what "Go Away" reminded me of!

i don't really get the science of it but stuff to do with worm holes and the water from the flood, metal from the ax in the mascot, and fire from the perv's house all had something to do with it. and frank is his sister's boyfriend so when he honks the horn after dropping her off that's supposed to be a warning to donnie to get up and leave his room so he won't be pummeled by the jet engine. and that somehow is supposed to make frank donnie's "gardian" or whatever in the parallel universe.
 |  | 
Dat
Golly, Poster

The time travel part isn't supposed to be understood scientifically. If you look past that there's a lot to take in. For me the movie is more about family, morality, God, and what the point of living is if we're just going to die anyway.

Back on topic, I think Eisley could pull off the Killing Moon.

Joined: 15 Jun 2005 | Posts: 578 | Location: San Francisco, CA
keltica
Golly, Poster

Do you people know about the John Titor story?
They're showing it on a documentary here in Italy.

The American soldier who supposedly comes from 2036, right before WWIII where the Russians will annihilate Europe, China and US and has come here to warn us.

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

keltica wrote:
Do you people know about the John Titor story?
They're showing it on a documentary here in Italy.

The American soldier who supposedly comes from 2036, right before WWIII where the Russians will annihilate Europe, China and US and has come here to warn us.

John Titor is talked about on Coast to Coast a.m from time to time. Yes, I am familiar. But of course I have to ask = Why did he come back in time to get an IBM computer built in 1975 called a 5100 to bring back to 2036, if he is so advanced that he can time travel? His explanations in this regard did not make sense. And mad cow disease, which was thought to be an oncoming epidemic at the time of the John Titor postings, was said to be this major thing going forward. I don't know about you, but mad cow disease has become a lesser and lesser issue over time, not a bigger and bigger issue as John predicted. Many other problems with John Titor, but those 2 stick out.

<< prev | goto page