Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

So. Combinations, eh? Wicked album. Absolutely great to work to - at my work, at any rate. There's just something about it. I've tried many other albums and artists (about 7 Flaming Lips albums, both British Sea Power's albums, The Twang, a live Coldplay bootleg [which I found on here, before X&Y came out], The Rakes, Midlake, Morning Runner... Simon Webbe, Smoosh, to name but a few] but none work as well as Combinations. I think it's because where all the others are either so backgroundy music you don't notice it - Seth Lakeman certainly was, bar about two tracks - or SO upbeat that it's just annoying. Combinations is kinda mellow enough whilst being loud... i think...

Anyways, I've basically had it on repeat the whole week. From whenever I get downstairs to my patch in the basement of the shop - usually about 11 am until I leave - this week that's been no earlier than 8.30pm. I have changed the CD - usually to Hanson's This Time Around.

One colleage said he really liked the sound of it. At one point he pointed to the CD player and said "it's that track that was in my head the other day". which is wierd, 'cause he loves his rock - muse, marylin manson, turbonegro, linkin park are his favourite bands - and "that track" happened to be the title track. I lent him the UK version - I take back whatever I said about the bonus tracks! - and he still has it.
He's one of those people who copies more CDs that he buys: this morning he told me he's going to buy it!

I'm well chuffed!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Nice! It's always great to make a new fan. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Sometimes when things are going particularly bad at work, I used to think " I need a drink," but anymore I think " I need some Eisley!" There is nothing that chills me out like Eisley. It sooths the soul!
juan
Lost at Forum

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
... Simon Webbe, Smoosh!

Laughing

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
boyd
Eisleyoid

i guess i should listen to it again. cuz at this point, i think the album sounds like what's been entrenched in my brain from 100's and 100's of live shows, but i know it's 2 different things. Thnx for that story.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

the album is alright. Wink
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

That's really really awesome. I love when things like that happen (so rare, sadly).
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

juan wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
... Simon Webbe, Smoosh!

Laughing

Well, Coming Around Again happened to be played alot this time last year on radio 2... so i figured it'd be good. Actually, Grace is a good working album. And I was thinking of the Smoosh song that has the rap in it (track 4 on their debut).

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland