Laughing City
musicislove
Golly, Poster

jabberjaw_04 wrote:
I never really liked the live version, although I loved the demo.

i didnt know there was a demo?

hi www.myspace.com/musicislove
Joined: 03 Apr 2005 | Posts: 611 | Location: rice lake, wisconsin
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

musicislove wrote:
jabberjaw_04 wrote:

There is, but no one should really have it, since it's stolen. Of course, that doesn't stop almost everyone from having it. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
oliez
Vintage Newbie

i don't get why people can't just not talk about the demos. Someone always finds a way to bring it up in every topic and then it has to be said that the band doesn't want us to talk about it.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

oliez wrote:
i don't get why people can't just not talk about the demos. Someone always finds a way to bring it up in every topic and then it has to be said that the band doesn't want us to talk about it.

i think it's just so that people aren't tempted to ask for the stuff, since it's totally not cool with the band.

i think as long as people make it clear that it shouldn't be spread around or shared, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Hopefully you guys noticed the phrasing of my post. I was intentionally asking if the demo had been re-recorded at Richard's recording studio (for Combinations or a b-side). So I wasn't so much asking about the demo as I was a finished version of it.

So nobody needs to discuss the demo. You can discuss the live track all you want, although I'm sorry to have neglected mentioning the live version in that post. I'm assuming that those in the know have answered my question since they seem to be positive it was not one of the songs recorded. Sad

dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

it isn't the most complex song, but i love it. it really does make me feel so much better about life.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
musicislove wrote:
jabberjaw_04 wrote:

There is, but no one should really have it, since it's stolen. Of course, that doesn't stop almost everyone from having it. Laughing

Wait. I have it.. I don't have any of the stolen tracks. Are you sure this is a stolen track? I thought it was one the Boyd posted up for us a while back along with a version of Invasion and ICBTFY...
I could be way off though.

*The version I have is called I Feel Good (live)

norad
Vintage Newbie

The live version is not a demo Jamie. Razz
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

There is this at least:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tC5drMHtF0
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Live bootlegs are just as stolen as The Baby, it's just that the band normally doesn't care about show tapings.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Live bootlegs are just as stolen as The Baby, it's just that the band normally doesn't care about show tapings.

I disagree. One the band never objects to, the other they (DuPrees) have objected to. Not the same. Not "just as stolen."
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:

I disagree. When they play a song live they're putting it out there for their fans as a completed artistic piece, regardless of whether or not they go back and tweak it later on. There were reasons, I'm sure, that The Baby wasn't released to fans so I don't think claiming that the fact that the audio itself was unofficially released matters as much as whether or not the content of that audio is band-sanctioned.

Sea Post King

I liked the sound of it. It was cute. But I'm not expecting to hear another version aside from live.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Mooncutter wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

I disagree. When they play a song live they're putting it out there for their fans as a completed artistic piece, regardless of whether or not they go back and tweak it later on. There were reasons, I'm sure, that The Baby wasn't released to fans so I don't think claiming that the fact that the audio itself was unofficially released matters as much as whether or not the content of that audio is band-sanctioned.

Yeah. The band doesn't like crappy recordings to get out there, but they No. 1) Play it live for an audience of strangers and No. 2) Have no specific ban on recorded live material, or its circulation. The demos were meant only for what demos are normally used for and for friends and business types, and were never intended for distribution in any other way.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Now that I think about it (in terms of legality), bootlegs are actually worse because people are making copies of music that the WB owns the right to produce and distribute. Whereas, home demos are home demos.

I'm not thinking in terms of what the band feels, merely in terms of how copyright infringement laws would apply to such a situation. The Baby would probably be more of a private theft issue rather than a IP suit.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>