Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

I still don't think you're right Tyler.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
I still don't think you're right Tyler.

I don't think it's a very heavily enforced thing, but you are paying to see the concert, you don't own the rights to the songs you hear (to distribute to people who didn't pay for a ticket).

I don't care, because some bootlegs are great, but that's just what I think legal issues are attached to it.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Now that I think about it (in terms of legality), bootlegs are actually worse because people are making copies of music that the WB owns the right to produce and distribute. Whereas, home demos are home demos.

I'm not thinking in terms of what the band feels, merely in terms of how copyright infringement laws would apply to such a situation. The Baby would probably be more of a private theft issue rather than a IP suit.

Warner Brothers doesn't own the rights to the songs, only the recordings of the songs — the songs are owned by Eisley themselves, and they (the copyright holders) clearly don't mind the concert recordings of those songs, and do mind the demo-stealing, so, no, i think, legally and morally speaking, the demo-stealing is much worse!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Um.. I think it was Boyd that released the live track to us.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

jamiga wrote:

No, someone posted a bunch of tracks from a live show on the forums, that's where all those early-version live tracks came from. (I believe we also got the live versions Like the Actors, I Could Be There For You, Invasion, Many Funerals, and Taking Control all from that same post, by the same person.)
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
jamiga wrote:

No, someone posted a bunch of tracks from a live show on the forums, that's where all those early-version live tracks came from. (I believe we also got the live versions Like the Actors, I Could Be There For You, Invasion, Many Funerals, and Taking Control all from that same post, by the same person.)

http://eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=30766&start=0

http://eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=26358&highlight=actors+ live
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
nevernever wrote:
jamiga wrote:

http://eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=30766&start=0

http://eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=26358&highlight=actors+ live

That rings a bell. Thanks.

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

it's on trolleywood.com
and i was under the impression the band ok'd all the stuff on there.
maybe not though.

(sorry nora, but the music page on trolleywood.com is so much easier to use than syp's)
norad
Vintage Newbie

crazeemunkeyz wrote:
(sorry nora, but the music page on trolleywood.com is so much easier to use than syp's)

Yeah, but SYP has better recordings.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:

SYP took a little getting used to, but it's a great site once you get the hang of it. It doesn't seem like you've actually clicked on something, when you have. Kinda weird. But then it works wonderfully. Definitely the best music site for Eisley yet. Cool
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
patrock wrote:
crazeemunkeyz wrote:

SYP took a little getting used to, but it's a great site once you get the hang of it. It doesn't seem like you've actually clicked on something, when you have. Kinda weird. But then it works wonderfully. Definitely the best music site for Eisley yet. Cool

Hah, thanks. Chad and I should be fixing it up a bit tomorrow.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

keithabbott wrote:
Just curious, I know a demo was recorded for We Feel Good, but does anyone know if they recorded this at Richard's studio? I think this is one song they need to do something with in the future. It's a really nice song that shouldn't have gotten lost in the shuffle.

I could not agree more.
When I first heard the demos I don't think I thought much of this song at all. Having not seen them live in quite a while, I totally forgot that this song was played live, but man, Sherri's version is so hypnotically beautiful. I think it could make a great album closer (for Sherri's solo side project album) with it's slow tempo and slow building-ness.

I can see where people call it 'simple' (or whatever was said earlier in this thread), because it starts out with that two chord pattern and has lyrics almost Hoaky Pokey-ish (right side/left side). But then you get Sherri's honey dipped double tracked vocals on the chorus. To me it seems Stacy is on that little part before the second verse whistling and playing some almost flamenco-esque guitar. (Something about that little bit recalls Brian Wilson to me). Then at times you have 3 Sherri's, there is a lower part pretty low in the mix. Like usual, they write some of the best bridges/middle 8's, just some great chord changes. The one cool difference in the live version for me is at the end of the bridge, how everything drops out before the last double chorus. Something I noticed is that going into the bridge and the final chorus she leaves out the "too" and goes immediately into them which probably contributes some to the hypnotic quality. My favorite little bit though may be on the last chorus how Sherri adds that third higher harmony which isn't done live.

**in faux producer mode**
I think a cool way to end the song instead of just finishing the chorus, would be to repeat that Stacy/whistle/flamenco guitar part and either find an interesting way to resolve it or just repeat it a time or two and fade out.

But seriously, I've probably listened to this song 50 times or more in a matter of days. One day on a 45 min drive I just repeated it the whole time. Why it hit me then and not earlier I have no idea.

Does anyone know the chords? Something sounded kinda right with a capo on the 5th fret and playing the normal A shape. I think I may want to record a version of my own. I rarely want to do this because I usually just work on my own stuff. The only other song I can think of ever covering was Julia by "the walrus" and it was slightly different as I never figured out the proper way to play it.

btw, I think I would probably title my version Lost and Found, or It Just So Happens.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
My favorite little bit though may be on the last chorus how Sherri adds that third higher harmony which isn't done live.

actually, i heard a version where stacy goes into the higher harmony live. i think she only did it once but it sounded so much better when she did that. i don't remember where i saw/heard that one though.

and i like stacy singing the 1st verse and bridge better than sherri doing all of it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Everyone seems to think it's too saccharine (or maybe used to?), but I love this song so much.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

I like the song but I think it's too "oh you're such a wonderful guy" song and now.....well...yeah.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>