Laughing City
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:

ok, i played along to the demo and live version featured on patrock's site. i have too slow an internet connection to download the youtube clip this century.

D and Em7 seem to fit the verses. you can hold that D on the B string for both chords.
You know what, now that I listen to the version on SYP, they do alternate between D-major and Em7 (in every place where the Youtube video shows them alternating between D and G). Other than that, all the other chords are the same.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
bigideas wrote:

ok, i played along to the demo and live version featured on patrock's site. i have too slow an internet connection to download the youtube clip this century.

D and Em7 seem to fit the verses. you can hold that D on the B string for both chords.
You know what, now that I listen to the version on SYP, they do alternate between D-major and Em7 (in every place where the Youtube video shows them alternating between D and G). Other than that, all the other chords are the same.

i wonder if it's something Stacy or Garron add to it.
isn't
G = G B D
Em7 = E G B D
?

If one of them is playing a low G and you can't hear the E that could be why. That's my guess. I'm not well versed in theory, etc, and what I did learn I've probably forgotten most of it.

keithabbott
Sea Post King

Seriously, thanks Bigideas for resurrecting this thread. Maybe Kim can talk the kids into playing it again or even recording it for the next album or a b-side.

It's a wonderful song.

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
bigideas wrote:

yeah, i got it down now.
how do you finger the A min with C as low note?
this is the part where she sings:
"i would if you would, too.
i'd pull, if you'd pull, too..."

keith, Queen of Leaves is another 'lost' one with incredible Sherri chords/melody.

take these along with other ones that are known about, and i'm sure there are some great ones that no one but she knows about!

the same goes for Stacy.

i have no idea if the other 3 are prolific songwriters or not.

this is the reason i wish they'd put out solo albums between the band albums, to get all these great songs their due.

likewise, it kills me when i read about unreleased Lennon/McCartney tunes from the Beatles era. some of those songs they didn't think were good enough and gave to other artists are good to any other ears.

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Not so easily on guitar. I'd just do a normal A-minor chord with the first three fingers of the left hand. Then I'd reach up the left-hand pinky to play the low C-note on the third fret of the 5th string (the low open A).
keithabbott
Sea Post King

/bump

Sorry, but now that we have two threads on the first page about the same song hopefully that's enough affirmation that the band needs to record it! Razz

oliez
Vintage Newbie

I doubt the band will want to go back to this after already starting on a new project.

This was my least favorite of the new Final Noise songs. I couldn't get the idea of it playing behind some romantic comedy while they played it.

I hope it stays buried.
Last edited by oliez on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

oliez wrote:

I hope it says buried.

aw Sad

-Mae West

<< prev | goto page