Laughing City
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Catey wrote:
Asda = Walmart. Walmart bought Asda a couple years ago and that is how Asda and Walmart both have George clothing.

Also, thats crazy hearing The Winter Song.

George! I love my George shirt and pants. Only I pronounce it Jorge, cuz it sounds way cooler. Laughing

I remember the Jeremy Vine show where he tried on a £19 suit from Asda. Yeah, he tried it on live on BBC Radio 2. I love that man.*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/galleries/602/8/#gallery602

*A report came out saying most clothes are made in Asia, and the effects of this (bad, i seem to recall). To add some spice to this debate they had volunteers stripping live on radio and calling out where everything was from. They were all female. It was kind-of wierd to hear a complete stranger live saying "oh, my bra's made in China...!" Especially at 12.30 pm.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Catey
Lost at Forum

I know its bad but I just like to pretend all the clothes I wear are made in nice circumstances by nice legal peope getting paid the average wage.

But that may be, if I were to actually acknowledge and believe it then I'd hate all my clothes....and I like my G21 George clothes, they make some pretty dresses and blouses. [I'm not saying I live in George clothes, I only have a couple pieces but you know.]
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
juan
Lost at Forum

I didn't even realise they play music in asda. I'll be more observant next time I'm in there.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
BlackMagic
Sea Post King

Aw, we never go to Asda! The closest one's in the next town.
I'll have to get my friends to listen out for it.
Joined: 09 Dec 2007 | Posts: 22 | Location: Southe-Easte-Engerlande
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Muad'Dib
Sea Post King

Weird. Although, wasn't that song on a Christmas compilation CD a couple of years ago? Maybe they were playing that...
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Muad'Dib wrote:
Weird. Although, wasn't that song on a Christmas compilation CD a couple of years ago? Maybe they were playing that...

yeah that's what I was thinking, there's no way they got hold of it from the Marvelous things EP.
Catey
Lost at Forum

Unless Asda have suddenly got supercool and ahead of everyone in the UK.

Which I doubt.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England