Laughing City
Caley
Lost at Forum

kulvir wrote:
I think voting up Eisley just gave any reader of the article one more reason to wonder who they are and maybe check them out. There is no need to over think this pole.

Amen.

crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

Saellys wrote:
Caley wrote:
But don't imply that everyone else who voted for Eisley were just following orders and don't think for themselves.

I don't recall implying anything of the kind.

Voting once is great. Terrific. All you need to do. Voting more than once, as people in this thread have been discussing, is absurd. That's the point I was making. That's all.

i'm pretty sure she wasn't directing this towards you...and i think someone else implied it...

do not be afraid. wrote:
...if you truly believe that "Combinations" is the best album on the list, then, absolutely, vote away, and show your support! but, to vote for it just because your an Eisley fan, and are asked to? and to cheat, even? give me a break!...
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

well, that wasn't what i meant to imply, but, well… how many times have i said that?

it just seemed to me, judging both from the comments here and the insanely disproportionate number of votes, that there were a lot of people voting to help Eisley "win", rather than honestly answering the poll. if you truly believe that "Combinations" was the best album of 2007, then, absolutely, go ahead and vote for it once! but, if there was a single album on that list that you preferred to "Combinations" vote for it once, even if it's from a band you're not as much of a fan of, or who doesn't "need" as much of your "help!" and, furthermore, no matter who you're voting for, don't "cheat!" why? because it's not a contest, it's a poll, and there are no real "winners" or "losers", and it's in the best interests of everyone to respect the intentions of the poll!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Caley
Lost at Forum

do not be afraid. wrote:
well, that wasn't what i meant to imply, but, well… how many times have i said that?

it just seemed to me, judging both from the comments here and the insanely disproportionate number of votes, that there were a lot of people voting to help Eisley "win", rather than honestly answering the poll. if you truly believe that "Combinations" was the best album of 2007, then, absolutely, go ahead and vote for it once! but, if there was a single album on that list that you preferred to "Combinations" vote for it once, even if it's from a band you're not as much of a fan of, or who doesn't "need" as much of your "help!" and, furthermore, no matter who you're voting for, don't "cheat!" why? because it's not a contest, it's a poll, and there are no real "winners" or "losers", and it's in the best interests of everyone to respect the intentions of the poll!

I don't understand why it's such a big deal to vote with the intent of wanting Eisley to win. We are on an Eisley forum, are we not? Wouldn't you expect the same results on any other artist's forum-- to have fans voting for them to win? I understand that there were many great albums of 2007, believe me, I've spent a pretty penny to get many of them, but Eisley is my favorite band. If this could get them any kind of exposure, spur any kind of interest for someone who sees the poll, then heck, I'm voting them.

But I guess that post was meant mainly to express your discontent for voting multiple times... On that point, I have to agree with you. But making it out as if it's a horrid thing to vote multiple times is kind of silly seeing as it's only a poll that MSNBC put out. It's not something serious.

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Caley wrote:
I don't understand why it's such a big deal to vote with the intent of wanting Eisley to win.

because there's nothing to win! it's not a contest! sheesh! i don't really care that much, i just think it's silly, and pointless, and may even do more harm than good, and just said so! i didn't mean to make a big deal out of anything, or whatever, but, then again, i never do, and it always happens anyways! oh well…
Catey
Lost at Forum

do not be afraid. wrote:

because there's nothing to win! it's not a contest!

But, life is one big ole' contest!
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

Contrary to what others think, I believe this is a most important accomplishment. The top five is the big deal, but winning the poll is pretty important also. MSNBC is EVERYWHERE.

All next year, Eisley can use these phrases in their (mainstream and touring) PR: 'Combinations was picked by MSNBC as one of the top 5 albums of 2007' And: 'Combinations was chosen number one album in 2007 in the annual MSNBC viewers choice poll'

That being said, they still have to win. Don't forget the Wii's. I couldn't vote on my Kindle. The poll didn't even show up on the page. Hrumph. Also, send New Year Greetings to friends and family via E-Mail, and ask them to vote. Grammy loves Eisley!

This is an amazing thing, and anyone who poo-poos it is a poo poo head. Congratulations Kids!
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
Caley
Lost at Forum

Luke's Mom wrote:
Contrary to what others think, I believe this is a most important accomplishment. The top five is the big deal, but winning the poll is pretty important also. MSNBC is EVERYWHERE.

All next year, Eisley can use these phrases in their (mainstream and touring) PR: 'Combinations was picked by MSNBC as one of the top 5 albums of 2007' And: 'Combinations was chosen number one album in 2007 in the annual MSNBC viewers choice poll'

That being said, they still have to win. Don't forget the Wii's. I couldn't vote on my Kindle. The poll didn't even show up on the page. Hrumph. Also, send New Year Greetings to friends and family via E-Mail, and ask them to vote. Grammy loves Eisley!

This is an amazing thing, and anyone who poo-poos it is a poo poo head. Congratulations Kids!

So true. Just because there's nothing physical is up for grabs, doesn't mean winning is unnecessary or "silly". It can very much help Eisley out with exposure and give 'em some hard earned cred.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Eisley can win internet polls all day long, but it won't make much of a difference in the long run. From the time in between Room Noises and Combinations, Eisley must have won half a dozen of these polls. But, the last info I recall about album sales was that Combinations didn't really sell any better than Room Noises.

It might be a fun hoorah for fans, but popular culture is still dominated by traditional advertising, TV, and the radio. If Eisley is ever to make it big, it will because of the WB getting the name, music, and image out there.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

We're all going to die anyway.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

Luke's Mom wrote:
This is an amazing thing, and anyone who poo-poos it is a poo poo head.

poo poo head? Rolling Eyes

what's an amazing thing? people cheating so that Eisley can say "Combinations was chosen number one album in 2007 in the annual MSNBC viewers choice poll?" the what? there's no such thing! MSNBC has about a billion of these lists, and they all have polls, and they're all just as meaningless! i mean, take a link straight from that very page, and you can find a poll asking "What is your favorite song by a fictional movie band or performer?" why don't we all storm over there and give the Oneders a boost, huh? i'm sure it'll help them a lot! that's all this is, and all it's meant to be: a stupid, meaningless, poll.

besides, is it really a "win" for Eisley if you're cheating!?

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Eisley can win internet polls all day long, but it won't make much of a difference in the long run. From the time in between Room Noises and Combinations, Eisley must have won half a dozen of these polls. But, the last info I recall about album sales was that Combinations didn't really sell any better than Room Noises.

It might be a fun hoorah for fans, but popular culture is still dominated by traditional advertising, TV, and the radio. If Eisley is ever to make it big, it will because of the WB getting the name, music, and image out there.

i couldn't have said it better myself! because, if i could, i would…

TheAntrider wrote:

all the better reason to not waste what precious time you have cheating so that you're favorite band can win a stupid online poll!

but, no, i get what you're saying, and, uh, point taken, and all of that… i'll shut up now…
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:

I agree with some of your points, but I also consider MSNBC to be 'traditional' coverage. The entire site is just one big totally mainstream ad.
WB really has the framework now to make Eisley huge. They need to pick another song as the single (Go Away), do huge advance press for each stop on the spring headlining tour, book Eisley on every TV show possible. The late night shows especially are going nuts now finding quality bookings. (because of the strike) A few ads on basic cable would also be incredibly helpful.
Someone with PR authority and knowhow has to follow up this MSNBC thing with a major push. WB better get on the ball!
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

do not be afraid. wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

all the better reason to not waste what precious time you have cheating so that you're favorite band can win a stupid online poll!

but, no, i get what you're saying, and, uh, point taken, and all of that… i'll shut up now…

I never actually suggested cheating. I just checked once to see if voting was IP based.

In general, this is the dumbest argument of the year.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:

Sorry, but I think the Hippo wins that award.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

TheAntrider wrote:
I never actually suggested cheating. I just checked once to see if voting was IP based.

well, i never said you did, did i? but other people have encouraged deleting cookies, using alternate computers and other devices, etc, to get around the restrictions.

TheAntrider wrote:

of course it is — i started it!