Laughing City
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I'd certainly be willing to bet. It's a well-known fact to concert goers that band t-shirts are never the size they claim to be. However, rare is the merchandise worker who bothers to point this out to the people who don't know this fact. Nor do they usually assist in advising a suitable size for the customer. When I saw Eisley in October, he told everyone buying a t-shirt that they should get a bigger size. Not only that, he knew what size a person wanting a small should get, what size a large would really be, etc.. He was extremely helpful, and kind. Most merch people are there because they have to be, and don't really know much about the products they are selling. Zane was a bresh of fresh air. I think he deserves a round of applause. Merch guys never get enough thanks, anyway.

*claps*

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Thank you for pointing out his name! Yeah, I remember him, and it was just like that! He knows his stock. More applause!!
pzy
Wookie Luke

Pfft! Clearly superior, over here. Wink
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

Hah, I know, I pointed out to weston and boyd at the show that their cool merch guy zane was quite helpful, and he was. I felt bad, so many people.
Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Also, he used to have the world's best ever myspace profile pic. If he ever changes back to it, he would get into my top 8 on the strength of the profile pic alone.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Ah, helpful indeed. He warned against shrinkage and even with several washes, my shirt still fits perfectly. Thanks!

While I was in line, I also noticed Chauntelle helping someone pick out sizes/shirts. And not just from behind the table, but standing beside the person holding up shirts and discussing for comparison. I thought that was very nice as well!
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

Kappa962 wrote:
Also, he used to have the world's best ever myspace profile pic. If he ever changes back to it, he would get into my top 8 on the strength of the profile pic alone.

Oh man. Do you mean the bears? Laughing

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i only own one shirt that actually fits me, and it's an Eisley shirt i got off Zane, who knew my exact size just by looking at me — i need to bring him around next time i go shopping!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
i only own one shirt that actually fits me, and it's an Eisley shirt i got off Zane, who knew my exact size just by looking at me — i need to bring him around next time i go shopping!

Weird, with me he came around the table and took measurements. He didn't have a measuring tape so he just used his arms and hands. He suggested we go in the back to measure my inseam but I didn't want any Eisley pants and had to leave anyway. He sure was friendly.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
do not be afraid. wrote:

Weird, with me he came around the table and took measurements. He didn't have a measuring tape so he just used his arms and hands. He suggested we go in the back to measure my inseam but I didn't want any Eisley pants and had to leave anyway. He sure was friendly.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thexrunaway
Golly, Poster

do not be afraid. wrote:

I find that most merch guys who really care about their job are fairly helpful with size of the shirts they are selling. However, I will go on record as saying that Zane was very smiley and helpful. Even if he seemed creeped out that I knew his name.

"My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end."

-Ayn Rand, Anthem

rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

Haha. When I was buying merch, he was wearing the sized hoodie I wanted so he took it off and said "I've pre-warmed it for you"

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Zane is cool. Smile I liked him. He seemed pretty organized, which is probably pretty helpful thing to be for a merch guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

Most of their shirts (if not all of them) are printed on American Apparel so if your having a hard time with sizes go to their website and check the handy charts they have online.

Smile

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia