Laughing City
tchock03
Sea Post King

It was one thing to go to their concert and see them play (which was amazing), but I was so siked when they said they were going to the merch table to sign stuff. There is nothing cooler than going to a concert, and the band is nice enough and cool enough to say hey to their fans and sign things/take pictures. I was really excited, because they were handing out free posters, and they all signed it. Ofcourse I had to frame it. My point was to say how great Eisley is, and how there is no better feeling than meeting one of your favorite bands. Very Happy
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

Word.

I remember getting how siked I was to get a picture with Chauntelle at my 2nd eisley show with my now-husband. Too bad the film got messed up, bummer, but it was a really really really good moment in history for moi.

SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

I want to meet them.
They keep skipping Jacksonville.
they go to Orlando,Atlanta,But they don't do Jacksonville.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Finally met them in Orlando in November!! Never forget that night!! I'll always cherish it!!
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

is it true eisley doesn't come out for meet and greet after shows on their headlining tours? cause that would make me very sad (and my sister would be sad cause im gonna take her when they come back to chicago and she wouldnt get to meet them)

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
is it true eisley doesn't come out for meet and greet after shows on their headlining tours? cause that would make me very sad (and my sister would be sad cause im gonna take her when they come back to chicago and she wouldnt get to meet them)

If I were you I'd pm Boyd. Maybe you could bring them coffee or something before the show.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:

eh, kinda... when i was at the bottleneck, they were outside behind the building, but the door was open so you could see them out there. so i just went up to them, so just get the courage to go up to them and start talking, it's the best way to do it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Binary Dragon
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:

I think it varies from show to show. After the acoustic show in Phoenix they all went to the merch booth to sign things and greet everyone. After the Final Noise show in Tucson, Sherri and Stacy fell asleep in the van within minutes of the show ending. Weston was busy packing said van. Chauntelle come out back of the venue after a small (very small) amount of coxing, and Garron followed not long after her. You had to actually head out to the back of the building to find them that time though.

Sea Post King

lol reminds me of the time I missed their show on the snow patrol tour and my buddy who was there called me and gave the phone to Chauntelle. She was waay too nice, it was amusing and ackward, definitely memorable. The only meeting of them in real life for me was when I talked to Boyd and John when he was with the band. Boy it sure is nice to know there are down to earth people left out there in show business.
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

out of the three times i have seen eisley, i have only met them once. It was after a headlining show but it was earlier like right after room noises came out, and they were nice, but sherri seemed distracted for some reason.
Rb
Sea Post King

I recently saw them when they were in Sacramento for the Acoustic tour, my sister wanted to meet them but we had no idea that they stayed after until I saw my friends who had pictures with the band. Next time they make there way through :p
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
juan
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

If I were you I'd pm Boyd. Maybe you could bring them coffee or something before the show.

if I were you'd I'd just drive down to Tyler and go visit them. They live at 39 Strummerville St., Tylerville, Tyler, Tx. Just go right up and knock on the door. They're a right friendly bunch those Dupree's! Take them cakes, coffee and a board game. Maybe scrabble.

when I met Eisley on their tour with TBS in England, I collapsed on the floor in excitment. When I met Boyd, I hugged him and shed a tear. It was real emotional stuff.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

juan wrote:
They live at 39 Strummerville St., Tylerville, Tyler, Tx.

I think Google Maps just crashed from too many people looking up that address. Razz

I still have the DuPrees' address from back when they were sending out their own merch... I could totally drive down there and camp on their front lawn. But I won't.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sootandstars
Sea Post King

I'm all the way in Calgary, Alberta

Canada...
So Very Happy
I've got to wait. But, it's worth it!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Strummerville St. That's right! Careful with that info, yo.

ha ha.

It has been so long since their last proper headlining tour that I don't think I'd base much on it. They have done meet-and-greets for the acoustic, Fray and Mute Math tours. That could be a good indicator.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

goto page
 | next >>