Laughing City
sootandstars
Sea Post King

Sometimes I forget the extent of how much other bands/artists are distant with fans. Their websites are so formal and lack that personal connection, just spraying out a whole bunch of writing that lacks sentiment. I feel so spoiled by being kept so "in the loop" with Eisley and the goings on of the band, both leisure and work. With other musicians it just feels like you're sitting on the outside looking in and what you've been given to look at is very vague stuff.

I'm sure someone has posted something similar before...but...I felt like writing this out.

Very Happy thanks Eisley and Boyd and Kim and everyone who knows the band and keeps us all in the mix.

Look each other in the eye
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Definitely. Very Happy

It's so unappealing when bands don't care.

Thanks Eisley & Co.!
sootandstars
Sea Post King

I think the attitude for the majority could be "Uhm...Yeah, well we're just going to sit here and be distant and moody and aggresively ignore our fans because that's just the coolest thing possible." I'm going to pull a Dwight here and say;
FACT! That is actually very far from the truth, Other Bands, we like knowing that you are interested in filling us in.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

not only that but i think having this connection with them breaks down some walls and gives them a more human than "rockstar" appeal. i personally think it's a good thing and if i were in a band or an actress or anyone really famous...i'd do the same. it might do some change in the world.. with the media's creepy obsession with celebrities
keltica
Golly, Poster

Makes me think of the arrogance of most pseudo-artists ...

Eisley seem to be down-to-earth in a world of hovering aliens who think they can their feet off the ground ...

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
LadyJaneGrey
Sea Post King

I personally love all the pictures they post. They certainly don't have to post anything or write about their daily lives, but they do. It kind of makes it personal to me...It makes them seem more real. It helps break down the wall between band and fan. They are really nice while signing autographs, too. Like you guys have said, they aren't all rockstar. Smile It's easier to connect with a band who doesn't treat their fans like crap.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Right! After talking to them after a show my daughter remarked, "... they're so shy!" Not like other bands at all!
sootandstars
Sea Post King

I feel more like a friend than a fan at times and i have to say i love that
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I love hearing about them. It's kinda weird, it's like...I have to check Trolleywood like everyday, even it's something unimportant, i'm always interested. I really appreciate Boyd for taking the time to keep us in the loop.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

sootandstars wrote:

It's one of the reasons that make Eisley so great.

starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Girlylikepixieflamethrow wrote:
sootandstars wrote:

It's one of the reasons that make Eisley so great.

yea, i feel like that with a few select other bands too.. mewithoutyou and thursday, and eisley, are probably the nicest musicians i've come across. nice people rule. Cool
vhmarisol
Sea Post King

My boyfriend sometimes makes fun of me, saying -It feels like these guys are your friends- and that´s kind of truth, in a platonic way we feel part of a family.
sootandstars
Sea Post King

i have a story like that Smile
I think there is a photo of them having a meal (perhaps breakfast) for Sherri’s birthday and Boyd had drawn arrows to certain items and described them briefly. Stacy was drinking grape and orange juice mixed together. And so on a separate occasion, upon witnessing these two beverages I mentioned that Stacy mixes the two drinks and I got one of those looks ("...") and was then asked, "How do you know that?" and I smiled, "I'm an informed fan, come to the Eisley side and you will get the same!!! Muwahah"... Kidding, I just said it was mentioned on the website. The other response just sounded cooler. I never have an issue getting people to listen Eisley, and Eisley does the work after that, everyone I’ve introduced Eisley to loves them and I encourage/demand them to get the record/s instead of downloading. A few birthdays coming up and Eisley CD’s make wonderful presents.