Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

So we all know that Stacy wrote a song when she was 8 and it was that song that got her into the band. But did they ever record it? I'd like to hear what it's like...
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

There's no known recording of it. All I know is it was called "Michael's Song".
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sure, but I remember hearing about the song being too personal to share.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I'll just say it. The band has talked about it in interviews. Michael committed suicide and it was such a hit to stacy she wrote the song. The rest is history.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
I'll just say it. The band has talked about it in interviews. Michael committed suicide and it was such a hit to stacy she wrote the song. The rest is history.

I thought it was an attempted suicide? I didn't think he really killed himself...?

Golly Lindsay
Sea Post King

jamiga wrote:
oliez wrote:

I thought it was an attempted suicide? I didn't think he really killed himself...?

Correct. That's what I always thought.
Rob3ccd
Sea Post King

i hope there is a rare recording of it cause iv been hunting it for awhile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Golly Lindsay wrote:
jamiga wrote:
oliez wrote:

Correct. That's what I always thought.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just attempted.

Maybe if Eisley becomes famous and they have some huge historic retrospective, then maybe we might hear it. Otherwise, I doubt it. Especially since that song would get tossed around everywhere as being Eisley. They already hate "Pretender," you could only image what they'd think of any probably shoddy recordings of that song that might exist getting passed around as Eisley.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Especially since that song would get tossed around everywhere as being Eisley. They already hate "Pretender," you could only image what they'd think of any probably shoddy recordings of that song that might exist getting passed around as Eisley.

yeah, but what is eisley?

head against the sky sounds like no other eisley song today (many funerals is close), is that eisley?

is blackened crown? or mr pine? over the mountains?

i am sure you get my drift

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Or Marsh Kings Daughter!! That's like a Broadway show tune!! Smile
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Especially since that song would get tossed around everywhere as being Eisley. They already hate "Pretender," you could only image what they'd think of any probably shoddy recordings of that song that might exist getting passed around as Eisley.

head against the sky sounds like no other eisley song today (many funerals is close), is that eisley?

I just think he means they wouldn't want something that old, personal, and probably unrefined and raw passed around now that they've somewhat established themselves with a different sound.

the songs you mentioned were recorded and released with the band's name on them. they may sound different than the sound they have now... but there's a difference between sound evolution/maturity and early recordings that werent really meant for anyone.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
mr pine wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

I just think he means they wouldn't want something that old, personal, and probably unrefined and raw passed around now that they've somewhat established themselves with a different sound.

the songs you mentioned were recorded and released with the band's name on them. they may sound different than the sound they have now... but there's a difference between sound evolution/maturity and early recordings that werent really meant for anyone.

yeah i knew what he meant, i was simply being rhetorical.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Catey
Lost at Forum

...When did the say they hate 'Pretender'

Man I love that song.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:
nevernever wrote:
mr pine wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

yeah i knew what he meant, i was simply being rhetorical.

I often don't understand the point of your posts.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
mister_mime
Golly, Poster

Catey wrote:
...When did the say they hate 'Pretender'

Man I love that song.

I do too. ^_^