Laughing City
amestheamazing
Sea Post King

I love Synergy kombucha. Very Happy Sherri's not kidding when she writes that that stuff's good-- It's all fizzy like soda, but so good for you.

trilogy is the best.

woman4life
Golly, Poster

Funny, I found this whole forum where people were talking about it. Sounds like it can be addictive. LOL

Seriously, though, it is supposed to be good for you, but only if you don't overdo it, and it sounds like some people do. I have elevated liver enzymes (they don't know why) so I would be a little nervous about trying it. I am curious, though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

I have been to many gas stations across the nation and I have NEVER seen that drink before.

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Tim Kim wrote:
I have been to many gas stations across the nation and I have NEVER seen that drink before.

it's just like vitamin water. it was nowhere. I first heard about it from Sherri on her journal. A few weeks later (the day after seeing them oddly enough) I found a gas station that had two different kinds. Now they're everywhere in about 20 different flavors.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Komboucha is scary (I've seen it brewed). But I need to give it a serious try one day.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Looks like an exorbitantly expensive multi-vitamin in liquid form.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

what the $#@! is this $#@!? the only thing i searched for that lead me anywhere was the “kombucha” Jamie mentioned, which sounds like a bunch new agey (vocabulary mishap) that's supposed to be “good” for you, but which has only been medically proven to possibly cause health complications, and maybe make you a little bit high!? and it sounds disgusting! why would anyone with any degree of sanity drink that $#@!? or even consider it? i think i'll go vomit now…

but, really, what the $#@! is this $#@!?
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

$#@!

Sorry, I just wanted to fit in.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
$#@!

Sorry, I just wanted to fit in.

yeah…

i don't know — all of this kind of stuff really pisses me off, and my anger towards it has been building up a lot lately for some reason, and after taking one look at the pictures online of this stuff being “brewed”, and reading up on one what little science i could find (while trying to filter through all the lies out there trying to push this crap!), well, it all just came pouring out of me! and Eisley's peddling this stuff? i don't even want to think about it…

it's the magical bacteria filled dirty water that'll cure you of anything and everything — trust us, we know, because we make money every time you gulp this stuff down! Rolling Eyes

whenever you're reading a page on “health” and FDA conspiracy theories start flying at you, well…
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
and Eisley's peddling this stuff? i don't even want to think about it…

Maybe I missed something, but last time I checked Eisley definitely isn't peddling it. It looks to me like Sherri was just commenting on how they like it. No selling, no endorsing, no shoving it down people's throats.

Also, I think you need to chill out a little bit. You're throwing around profanities, exaggerated opinions, and a whole lot of anger towards something that really doesn't seem that worth it. It's an energy-type drink, not some profound social issue.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
amestheamazing
Sea Post King

Agreed. No one's peddling nothin' on here. I was just commenting on how I personally like the stuff.

As far as the 'hype' issue, no one's forcing you to believe in its health claims. And I think it's a little much to go all out and bash something you've never even tried...

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

anotherrandomtuesday wrote:
Maybe I missed something, but last time I checked Eisley definitely isn't peddling it. It looks to me like Sherri was just commenting on how they like it. No selling, no endorsing, no shoving it down people's throats.

uh, they are endorsing it — it may not be a paid endorsement, but when you tell people to go out and drink it, um, well… how can you say that's not an endorsement? that's all i meant…

Also, I think you need to chill out a little bit. You're throwing around profanities, exaggerated opinions, and a whole lot of anger towards something that really doesn't seem that worth it. It's an energy-type drink, not some profound social issue.

actually, it's not an “energy drink” — those have ingredients which have actually been proven to do something for you, and it's usually a fairly simple something like, say, give you more energy; this doesn't actually have anything that's been proven to do anything, except maybe cause health issues in certain people, and yet the proponents of this stuff claim it can cure AIDs, cancer, and basically anything and everything else that might ail you! this stuff is potentially dangerous, and they're trying to push it as a cure for incurable diseases? i'm sorry if that pisses me off! it's just a bunch of dirty, acidic, bacteria filled water! sheesh!

oh, and for whatever it's worth, reading over my first post i just laugh! not because it's a “joke”, but, uh… i don't know… i have a weird sense of humor… maybe you need to chill out?

amestheamazing wrote:
And I think it's a little much to go all out and bash something you've never even tried...

i wasn't “bashing” it based on my opinion (like saying “it tastes like vinegar crossed with rotten milk!” [although, actually, it does consist of various acids that are found in vinegar and rotten milk!]), but, rather, on my understanding of the facts! the facts won't magically change just because i take a sip, will they? or is that yet another of this miracle drink's wonderful properties?
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:

uh, they are endorsing it — it may not be a paid endorsement, but when you tell people to go out and drink it, um, well… how can you say that's not an endorsement? that's all i meant…

actually, it's not an “energy drink” — those have ingredients which have actually been proven to do something for you, and it's usually a fairly simple something like, say, give you more energy; this doesn't actually have anything that's been proven to do anything, except maybe cause health issues in certain people, and yet the proponents of this stuff claim it can cure AIDs, cancer, and basically anything and everything else that might ail you! this stuff is potentially dangerous, and they're trying to push it as a cure for incurable diseases? i'm sorry if that pisses me off! it's just a bunch of dirty, acidic, bacteria filled water! sheesh!

oh, and for whatever it's worth, reading over my first post i just laugh! not because it's a “joke”, but, uh… i don't know… i have a weird sense of humor… maybe you need to chill out?

amestheamazing wrote:
And I think it's a little much to go all out and bash something you've never even tried...

i wasn't “bashing” it based on my opinion (like saying “it tastes like vinegar crossed with rotten milk!” [although, actually, it does consist of various acids that are found in vinegar and rotten milk!]), but, rather, on my understanding of the facts! the facts won't magically change just because i take a sip, will they? or is that yet another of this miracle drink's wonderful properties?

And everyone else was saying their understanding based on what they like/don't like about it from personal experience. However, everyone else has been calm and collected (it is a casual thread after all). Just because you found "facts" on the internet (which may or may not be true, you can't know everything you read) doesn't mean you have to go ballistic on everyone.

Also, your first post, funny? You were tossing cursewords like bread crumbs at pigeons and spitting out ridiculous statements all over the place. That's not humor, that's just annoyance (that happens to be conveyed in a way that it becomes annoying). And to be honest, I feel pretty chilled out. This whole time I've been totally calm and, well, chill. And that's how I'll continue to stay. I'm not going to turn this into an argument.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Rb
Sea Post King

Doesn't this drink come in a flavor with like mushrooms floating in it and whatnot? I had a friend who about 6 months ago would drink one of those everyday, they look absolutely disgusting :\
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
mykatjim
Sea Post King

sherri's quote - "Down it, yo."

maybe you take that to mean "everyone run out right now and get you some of this stuff and drink it up yum yum!" but isn't it entirely possible she was meaning "[understood i] drink it"?

hard to say for sure now isn't it?
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas

goto page
 | next >>