Laughing City
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i just noticed that in the most recent schedule update the Tampa area show was moved from the State Theatre to the Orpheum, which makes me happy — not because the Orpheum is a better venue than the State Theatre, but because the State Theatre is across the bay, and it can be a real pain to get across the bay in the evening on a week day (rush hour + bridge = hell!), and i was afraid i might not even be able to go! but the Orpheum usually takes me about 15 minutes to get to, and my mom seems to like the place, so, i almost certainly will get to go! now the problem will be convincing my mother to let me stay past the 3 openers (who i really don't want to see!) — hopefully it'll be an early show…

am i the only person from Tampa here?
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
vhmarisol
Sea Post King

doreen wrote:
San Diego tickets are supposed to go on sale this Friday, 2/29.
Sorry if somebody already mentioned this.

Awesome, thank you for tell us Laughing
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
am i the only person from Tampa here?

I'm pretty sure I've seen other Tampa (or at least Central FL) people on here. But where are all the South Floridians! Hmm... I remember there was a girl from West Palm Beach.
Meh.. anyway, I need to find someone to go with first before I can beg my parents [school night].

pzy
Wookie Luke

A few more dates were just confirmed and added to Eisley's myspace, notably hot texas dates!

May 22 2008 - House of Blues - Dallas, Texas
May 23 2008 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, Texas
May 24 2008 - Cine El Rey Theatre - McAllen, Texas

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

pzykotic wrote:
A few more dates were just confirmed and added to Eisley's myspace, notably hot texas dates!

May 22 2008 - House of Blues - Dallas, Texas
May 23 2008 - Scout Bar - San Antonio, Texas
May 24 2008 - Cine El Rey Theatre - McAllen, Texas

I have so much family in San Antonio, but not much of a chance I'll get to go. 6 or 7 hour drive. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Caley
Lost at Forum

I'll definitely be at the Dallas show with a couple of my friends.
mellon collie
Sea Post King

Mooncutter wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
br00tal wrote:
I posted this on some other thread.
Their toronto show(its 19+) is on the 29th and my birthday is on the 30th. Maybe with a lot of begging they might let me in?

Phone or go to the venue beforehand and ask whether or not they would let you in. They're a lot more likely to listen to reason when they aren't being mobbed by a crowd waiting to get in to see the show.

Right, and if that doesn't work maybe try PMing Boyd and explaining it to him. Maybe he could pull a string or two?

mellon collie wrote:
i remember in a past topic about one of the tours someone mentioned that if a show is 18+ and you get your parents to call ahead they might let you in. is that correct?

i'm a year and a couple months short Sad

Boston's lack of all-ages venues is insane. I know how you feel; this will be my first "hometown" (ha) Eisley show because of it.

my mum called. they told us no. silly boston - didn't htey just pass some ordinance or something about that - that all shows had to be 18+?
next time i guesssssss Crying or Very sad

ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

fowruok wrote:
You can add 4/22 @ Maxwell's in Hoboken to the list. It's on sale! Totally going.

Maxwell's is an awesome venue. I can't wait. I'm going to thet NYC and Philly dates also!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

mellon collie wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:
br00tal wrote:
I posted this on some other thread.
Their toronto show(its 19+) is on the 29th and my birthday is on the 30th. Maybe with a lot of begging they might let me in?

Phone or go to the venue beforehand and ask whether or not they would let you in. They're a lot more likely to listen to reason when they aren't being mobbed by a crowd waiting to get in to see the show.

Right, and if that doesn't work maybe try PMing Boyd and explaining it to him. Maybe he could pull a string or two?

mellon collie wrote:
i remember in a past topic about one of the tours someone mentioned that if a show is 18+ and you get your parents to call ahead they might let you in. is that correct?

i'm a year and a couple months short Sad

Boston's lack of all-ages venues is insane. I know how you feel; this will be my first "hometown" (ha) Eisley show because of it.

my mum called. they told us no. silly boston - didn't htey just pass some ordinance or something about that - that all shows had to be 18+?
next time i guesssssss Crying or Very sad

Fake ID. Do you know anyone that even remotely resembles you who is above 18? Ask if you can borrow their ID for one night.
pzy
Wookie Luke

Good news for Boston music fans in general though - they're building a House of Blues! The guy that owns a bunch of clubs on Lansdowne sold his land and HoB gobbled it up.

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view.bg?articl eid=1076202&srvc=rss

FINALLY a decent mid-sized venue in Boston! I am SO SICK of The Paradise and other places like that. And since it's HOB, it'll be All Ages for you youngins'!

This thing can't be built fast enough.

PS: Did you know the original House of Blues was in Cambridge? Bet you thought it was Chicago or something, didn't you!!??!

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
Good news for Boston music fans in general though - they're building a House of Blues! The guy that owns a bunch of clubs on Lansdowne sold his land and HoB gobbled it up.

This is good news.

pzykotic wrote:
And since it's HOB, it'll be All Ages for you youngins'!

This is not.
pzy
Wookie Luke

Ageist! Very Happy
Axon
Sea Post King

McAllen, eh? That's way the heck down there in south Texas.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I just realized I won't see The Envy Corps because they aren't playing in Sacramento or San Francisco!!!! Mad

So.

I demand that The Envy Corps come play on their own at some point.

there.
i said it.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'll trade you Dallas.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address