Laughing City
somethingfound
Sea Post King

So, I got on the new tour dates list and eisley says that they are playing city hall on the 9th, but then i got on rocketown's site and they said that the eisley show is playing there! Ahh! who won the eisley plays at my venue war?
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I'm 100% sure it's at Rocketown since it's listed there and tickets are on sale for there. I guess the promoter, Great Big Shows, decided to move it, since they do shows at City Hall and Rocketown. I'm glad it's at Rocketown because their sound system is better.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Rocketown's smaller too, isn't it? A much better choice, IMO. City Hall's a freaking warehouse.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I think they are pretty close to the same size. Rocketown's biggest room holds around 1200, I'm not sure about City Hall.

I PMed Boyd and he says he's confident the show is at City Hall. Hmmm.

somethingfound
Sea Post King

oh shoot. so rocketown is getting the money for a show that isn't even going to be held there? greaat. I bet city hall is thrilled about that one. still, i'd like to hear from boyd himself before I buy a ticket for either venue, it would be awful to show up at the wrong one that night! i would rather it be at rocketown, though. Better feel there, and I like getting a jone's soda at the cafe before the show Laughing
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

I'm sure if you buy a ticket and the venue changes, it will be honored at the other venue. My only concern of it being at Rocketown is the unnecessary scene kids. They bother me everytime I go there.

mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Looks like it's been confirmed at the Rocketown.

I'll be there. With bells on.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

Oh Rocketown. I should pretty much live at that place since I go there a few times a month normally. I hope the unnecessary scene kids stay home. Confused

em-tucky
Sea Post King

Meggers wrote:
I think they are pretty close to the same size. Rocketown's biggest room holds around 1200, I'm not sure about City Hall.

I PMed Boyd and he says he's confident the show is at City Hall. Hmmm.

City hall is 1500 cap
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

Are there any decently priced hotels around the area of Rocketown? Will be making the drive with my lady friend.
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

mermaidentwinedshrubbery wrote:
Are there any decently priced hotels around the area of Rocketown? Will be making the drive with my lady friend.

Downtown in general can be pretty pricey. It might be worth it to stay outside of downtown.

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

Please, please, please, let it not be at City Hall. Not a great room/system, but the mix position is particularly ridiculous. If the show is there, we'll be moving mix position, or I will most certainly be mixing wirelessly.

Also, if the show is there, and you go, don't stand in the back half of the room. All you'll hear is reflected sound and muddy, boomy bass.