Laughing City
fernster
Sea Post King

a little to scared to ask but...How is Chauntelle
doing since the accident? She is not hurt badly
is she????

chichen02

I can understand the "a little scared to ask" because if we're asked not to pry then I don't pry. Details aren't necessary but I do think some sort of update would be nice to see how she is. There's definitely some genuine concern for her well being out there.
 |  | 
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

whoa...what accident?
Catey
Lost at Forum

Kimbrtones wrote:
Well, just so you guys know, Chauntelle probably hasn't read all your well wishing, but I will tell her of it.
Hopefully, it will cheer her up.

Yesterday was a terrible day for her. Along with it being the anniversary of her getting engaged, (and we all know how that turned out), she accidentally ran a red light last night, and a car hit her in our suburban. She was knocked onto the two side wheels, spun completely around, and landed the complete opposite direction of the way she was driving, stopping just before hitting a light pole.
Since she ran the red light, we have to pay for the guy's totaled BMW.
The one good thing was that no one was hurt.

Still, it made for the most depressing V-Day. Crying or Very sad

from here
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Yikes,

feel better Chauntelle.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Yeah, I hope she's feeling better. Wuv you Chaunty xxx
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Oy, getting spun 180 in an accident is awful. That's how I messed up my knee. I hope she recovers from the emotional and physical pain very soon. Sad

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Well, just so you guys know, Chauntelle probably hasn't read all your well wishing, but I will tell her of it.
Hopefully, it will cheer her up.

Yesterday was a terrible day for her. Along with it being the anniversary of her getting engaged, (and we all know how that turned out), she accidentally ran a red light last night, and a car hit her in our suburban. She was knocked onto the two side wheels, spun completely around, and landed the complete opposite direction of the way she was driving, stopping just before hitting a light pole.
Since she ran the red light, we have to pay for the guy's totaled BMW.
The one good thing was that no one was hurt.

Still, it made for the most depressing V-Day. Crying or Very sad

from here

this is the first i've read about it.

i avoid all the "i love (insert DuPree girl's name) and want to marry her" like threads.

that would be very scary to be sideways on a car.
i was in the passenger seat of a car that skidded and rearended another car at a high speed with the dash crushing in probably an inch away from messing up my knees/legs. i think it's made me paranoid about sitting in the passenger side.

woman4life
Golly, Poster

Wow, I am paranoid about being at fault in an accident. I've had a few near misses in my time. I was broadsided with my daughter in her car in 2004 and it totalled my car. It wasn't a fun time... haggling with insurance companies and all and some injury.

I hope Chauntelle is feeling better and has no lasting effects. It does take a bit to get the nerve to drive afterwards, and best to do it soon after, I think.

Anyway, hope all works out o.k. and she is fine. Really thankful no one was hurt!

My best wishes and regards to Chauntelle.

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I got hit and spun 180 in November, and I'm still not driving. I've only driven twice since, and just being in the car I envision other cars colliding into us all the time.
I hate car accidents. Evil or Very Mad

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

I also didn't know about this until now. I hope there are no lasting effects.
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
I got hit and spun 180 in November, and I'm still not driving. I've only driven twice since, and just being in the car I envision other cars colliding into us all the time.

God, I know. I started driving again pretty shortly after my accident in September, but I'm still totally paranoid about a lot of stuff, particularly when I'm not the one in control of the car. I do the fake-brake all the time. Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

God, I know. I started driving again pretty shortly after my accident in September, but I'm still totally paranoid about a lot of stuff, particularly when I'm not the one in control of the car. I do the fake-brake all the time. Rolling Eyes

yes. if i'm riding with someone and the backseat is an option i sit back there, otherwise i'm going to have anxiety especially if the person is speeding and/or the type that don't give their total attention to the road.

RockerChick
Sea Post King

It took me a looong time to drive regularly again after I had my accident a couple years ago. I got into it with a BUS. It was really bad, but I got semi-over it. I was always kind of a nervous driver, but now I'm just extra careful. That and I moved to Chicago where I don't have to drive. Laughing

Get well soon, Chauntelle!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

RockerChick wrote:
That and I moved to Chicago where I don't have to drive. Laughing

Ugh, if I were still living in a place with a decent public transit system, the accident A) never would have happened, and B) would not have been a problem 'cause I could take the bus everywhere and it cost a heck of a lot less than gas. I miss the San Diego MTS. Sad

Smokemonster