Laughing City
nothingasusual
Sea Post King

Well, they did this morning when I stopped to get my coffee on the way to work.

Clad in my Eisley shirt, covered in a v-neck sweater (making the t-shirt work appropriate), I stopped my Franklin, TN Starbucks for a little coffee when the barista helping those customers standing in line says, 'I love Eisley. Seriously, they're one of my favorite bands.' To which I say, 'Same here.' Then as I get to cash register to pay for my blueberry scone and tall coffee, the cashier says, 'You like Eisley, huh? My roommate used to have a crush on all those girls.'

Glad to see that in this instance Eisley love Starbucks, and, at least at my Starbucks, the baristas love Eisley.

this is the morning."
pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

now if only they would sell the cd there... Wink
Axon
Sea Post King

pazatronix! wrote:

Starbucks sell Eisley's CD? Nah. We need Oprah to promote it.

JoeyWilliams
Sea Post King

i work at starbucks, iv heard eisley playing at our store once.. just one song, it was months ago i cant remember what song it was, but i was very pleased.
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

JoeyWilliams wrote:
i work at starbucks, iv heard eisley playing at our store once.. just one song, it was months ago i cant remember what song it was, but i was very pleased.

really?! i listen for them all the time.

edit: are you sure it wasn't the cranberries because they play Linger sometimes, and the first time i heard it i had to do a double-...listen.

JoeyWilliams
Sea Post King

jack_stripes wrote:
JoeyWilliams wrote:

really?! i listen for them all the time.

edit: are you sure it wasn't the cranberries because they play Linger sometimes, and the first time i heard it i had to do a double-...listen.

at the time i was sure it was eisley, but ya know who knows. I was on drive thru and in between cars i was like "hey sweet eisley!" then i went back to cashing out people. could have been a mistake but im pretty sure i knew what i heard Smile

Tim Kim
Sea Post King

This is not because of my undying love for Eisley but I think their CDs should be sold at Starbucks more than any other band.. Seriously..

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

Hmm... I thought Starbucks has a set music playlist for what they play in the store... so if they played Eisley we would have known about it?

I really wish they would though. It would make one good thing about the company... Rolling Eyes (i'm not really liking them lately, or their crappy tasting drinks. so tired of it.)
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

There was an article in the New York Times a few weeks ago about how the quality has suffered at Starbucks because of they're trying to expand too much. The former president is taking the reigns again to try and turn it around. Lots of luck. I mean you figure when they start putting them in Targets, you know " somethings not right! " Besides they have surpassed Walmart in the percentage of employees without basic benefits.
JoeyWilliams
Sea Post King

starnothing wrote:
Hmm... I thought Starbucks has a set music playlist for what they play in the store... so if they played Eisley we would have known about it?

I really wish they would though. It would make one good thing about the company... Rolling Eyes (i'm not really liking them lately, or their crappy tasting drinks. so tired of it.)

i know right? i thought the same thing, but theres one station on our "music player thing" that has completly random music. who knows

JoeyWilliams
Sea Post King

mikep0922 wrote:
There was an article in the New York Times a few weeks ago about how the quality has suffered at Starbucks because of they're trying to expand too much. The former president is taking the reigns again to try and turn it around. Lots of luck. I mean you figure when they start putting them in Targets, you know " somethings not right! " Besides they have surpassed Walmart in the percentage of employees without basic benefits.

yea we actually every store in the county closed down for a few hours to kinda re fresh ourselfs with how to make espresso and such. (you probably heard about this because i saw it all over the news the next day). This was because the former president wants all the focus to go back to the coffee and culture and image that comes from that. Good publicity stunt for sure!

JoeyWilliams
Sea Post King

Tim Kim wrote:
This is not because of my undying love for Eisley but I think their CDs should be sold at Starbucks more than any other band.. Seriously..

agreed, their music would be a perfect sell at starbucks.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

Axon wrote:
pazatronix! wrote:

Starbucks sell Eisley's CD? Nah. We need Oprah to promote it.

that would almost ruin it for me

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Tim Kim wrote:

Starbucks should not sell music at all. Least of all music from a band as unique and inventive as Eisley. If they must continue to push overpriced CDs on the hipster masses, they should stick with the unremarkable beige pop-jazz crossover crap they've been shilling for the past couple of years. I was crushed when Radiohead decided to sell In Rainbows through Starbucks; if Eisley did the same I might not survive.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
somethingfound
Sea Post King

nothingasusual wrote:
Well, they did this morning when I stopped to get my coffee on the way to work.

Clad in my Eisley shirt, covered in a v-neck sweater (making the t-shirt work appropriate), I stopped my Franklin, TN Starbucks for a little coffee when the barista helping those customers standing in line says, 'I love Eisley. Seriously, they're one of my favorite bands.' To which I say, 'Same here.' Then as I get to cash register to pay for my blueberry scone and tall coffee, the cashier says, 'You like Eisley, huh? My roommate used to have a crush on all those girls.'

Glad to see that in this instance Eisley love Starbucks, and, at least at my Starbucks, the baristas love Eisley.

Hahaha! It's evident that franklin loves eisley, because I went into the franklin starbucks today with a eisley shirt and got the same responses!