Laughing City
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

I always thought it was Stacy singing on Lady Get Away... but it really sounds like Chauntelle.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

She may well be in there... Just be advised--discussion of the band's stolen demos is generally discouraged here on LC.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Sounds nothing like Chauntelle to me. Stacy all the way. Speaking in the lead singing sense of the song. Sherri and Stacy seem to be the only two who have anything to do with the rough demos they've done over the years.

And back at the last thing Hannah said.
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Hm.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I haven't listened to it in months, but I recall thinking it was all Stacy.

This song would have made Combinations a better album IMO.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It would have been painfully out of place on Combinations. Though in a set of songs sense, it couldn't have gone wrong.

And I doubt there's any Chauntelle on that at all.

One day, everyone's going to have their hands on this. Nature will take its course, and all. ha ha.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
It would have been painfully out of place on Combinations. Though in a set of songs sense, it couldn't have gone wrong.

Painfully out of place because it grooves and is hopelessly catchy? So what if it has a R&B influence, it's the best song to come out of the Combinations session. Combinations is not even close to a concept album, I hardly think that one track could throw off the balance.

Just Like We Do is far removed from any track on Room Noises, yet it still happens to be one of my personal highlights from the album.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Painfully out of place because it grooves and is hopelessly catchy? So what if it has a R&B influence, it's the best song to come out of the Combinations session. Combinations is not even close to a concept album, I hardly think that one track could throw off the balance.

Just Like We Do is far removed from any track on Room Noises, yet it still happens to be one of my personal highlights from the album.

I really wanted it to make the album--just so if it became an R&B hit they'd get to go to the BET awards. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i'm pretty sure it's Stacy.
and i do wish it had made Combinations, cos i like that song a lot! and it's always in my head.
it's so catchy and upbeat.
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

kathymunster wrote:
and i do wish it had made Combinations, cos i like that song a lot! and it's always in my head.

Too bad it's stolen. I want to talk about those songs without feeling guilty! Shoot. hah.
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I can picture it coming in after 5 minutes of silence after "If You're Wondering" as a secret song, can't you?

Also, I had never really thought of the R&B style. "You don't know me!" and R&B in an Eisley song, whodofthunkit?
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

RachelDldy wrote:
kathymunster wrote:

Too bad it's stolen. I want to talk about those songs without feeling guilty! Shoot. hah.

hah, yeah.
i feel bad that so many people have heard it while it wasn't supposed to be heard. but i can't really help what i have heard, so i will just end with saying it was a very good song and i hope they do something with it.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

RachelDldy wrote:
kathymunster wrote:

You don't have to feel guilty for talking about it. That's ridiculous. Sure the demos were stolen, but they're out there, and most people that post actively on here have them. No amount of censorship is going to change that.

I think Lady Get Away in a finished form would have been great on Combinations. Properly recorded (look at how much Ten Cent Blues changed), I think it could fit at least as well as "If You're Wondering."

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

BNROCKS wrote:
I can picture it coming in after 5 minutes of silence after "If You're Wondering" as a secret song, can't you?

Also, I had never really thought of the R&B style. "You don't know me!" and R&B in an Eisley song, whodofthunkit?

Haha, I was actually waiting for something like that (a fast paced hidden track of that song or something else after the dreamy last track). Cool

And actually, Eisley has a bit of a variety, more than I think they are credited with. Many of their songs have some good rhythm and "groove" to it (think "Sunfeet" or "Like the Actors") and a "Chase me down with your knife" is just as dramatic of a lyric. Laughing

If this song never is updated and touched again by them, I really hope a song that's similar gets made. I thought 90's R&B, a hip-hop beat with the outro, but also a bit "jazz" when I heard those vocals. Whatever the labels, I love love love, the vocal style of the pre-chorus / chorus.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
You don't have to feel guilty for talking about it. That's ridiculous. Sure the demos were stolen, but they're out there, and most people that post actively on here have them. No amount of censorship is going to change that.

I am in complete agreement, and judging by Jamie's post things have gotten lax in recent months. But that doesn't change the fact that back when The Baby first leaked, the mere mention of it came under harsh scrutiny, with many a debate on the validity of posting about songs stolen from the band's computers. Hence my gentle warning.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...