Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

I just have to say that Sherri has inspired me to really try to take up photography again. I studied it for two years in high school but stopped cuz I couldn't fit it into my schedule. But now that I'm in college and have seen her photographs, I really want to start up again. I took a few shots here and there whenever I had time. And she's also inspired me to take my photography to new levels. Like before, I only did black and white portraits cuz that's what I liked best and that's what people thought I should do. But then I saw how nice her colored ones turned out and I've tried to sort of imitate her style in my photos. What I like most about them is that she's not afraid of other people seeing her play make believe, which I like to do a lot. But now that I've seen someone who's older than me be that imaginative and who doesn't care if other people think she's weird for making stuff up, I've opened up a lot more in my photos. Now I can truly express myself and show my friends all the things that I have made up...

THANK YOU SHERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

As I've said before, she's an amazing artist, both visually and aurally!
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

Yup, I agree. She's a huge inspiration. She's a large part of the reason I'm considering photography as a career.
ashstars
Sea Post King

nice post. i agree....i always wonder how sherri can post pictures of herself just doin what she does, especially when so many people look at them. i can't be that open with people, i've tried and it seriously weirds me out. she really has a lot of admirable qualities.

i like the new pic she posted in her journal...her dress is lovely.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Since I don't have a Flickr account, I'll say here how this is absolutely the best photograph, a perfect balance of funny and sad.

"Taken with phone.
Stacy holding a box of SOYJOY bars and staring saddly
(sic) at the ice cream."
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/2503458171/

They invented the word 'forlorn' to describe Stacy's body language. Sad It must've been sweltering out there in Arizona, and I can feel her conflict between discipline and desire through her pigeon-toed posture. Then there's the mocking sign right above the friggin' ice cream section admonishing you to "EAT WELL"! How cruel is that?!? Twisted Evil

Anyway, I love Sherri's photos and I just had to comment on this one and show people here who might not have seen it.
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

wow i made this post so long ago!!! when i saw it, i was like: wth??? haha, but yeah her photos are really amazing!!!! i PMed her once telling her how much she inspires me and this is what she wrote back:

"that email made me so happy! im so psyched that my silly photos of make believe have inspired you! that rules. ROCK IT!
love,
sherri"

how she has the time to take all those pics, load them, and then REPLY to our comments on them i'll never know... kudos for her!

lucia
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
Since I don't have a Flickr account, I'll say here how this is absolutely the best photograph, a perfect balance of funny and sad.

"Taken with phone.
(sic) at the ice cream."

They invented the word 'forlorn' to describe Stacy's body language. Sad It must've been sweltering out there in Arizona, and I can feel her conflict between discipline and desire through her pigeon-toed posture. Then there's the mocking sign right above the friggin' ice cream section admonishing you to "EAT WELL"! How cruel is that?!? Twisted Evil

Anyway, I love Sherri's photos and I just had to comment on this one and show people here who might not have seen it.

That is one great picture.
Thanks for posting it, I hadn't seen it.

I agree, Sherri's photography is amazing. That is one talented girl.

stumple13
Sea Post King

She has inspired me alot too
I usually end up doing the same things over and over
and then i look at her flickr,and she just is so creative and imaginative
it helped me really get into photography even more than i already was
and now that i have my new DSLR,im excited to try alot of the stuff she does
i just need photoshop now,too bad its like $600
lame
Anyways,way to be good at life Sherri,i love looking at all your photos on flickr
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

Ya Sherri is really inspiring...not only as a photographer, though her pics are always great, and are always good for a laugh. Her songs are just as crazy and amazing..and I mean the ones where you go, "ya totally Sherri". Plus her art...WOW, you look at those and the see how her pictures almost look normal. Smile .....almost... She's probably inspired lots of people in lots of different ways.....we should send her a fruit basket or something. Razz
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

emilytheanteater wrote:
wow i made this post so long ago!!! when i saw it, i was like: wth??? haha, but yeah her photos are really amazing!!!! i PMed her once telling her how much she inspires me and this is what she wrote back:

"that email made me so happy! im so psyched that my silly photos of make believe have inspired you! that rules. ROCK IT!
love,
sherri"

how she has the time to take all those pics, load them, and then REPLY to our comments on them i'll never know... kudos for her!

I could've started a new thread, but your topic seemed like a good place so I resurrected it. And it's only been 2 months, not that old! Wink

Thanks for sharing her message to you, indeed she seems like a real dynamo! I wonder if I would be carried on hummingbird wings too if I fueled myself more on Cap'n Crunch and coffee. Smile

lucia wrote:

That is one great picture.
Thanks for posting it, I hadn't seen it.

Cool, glad I did!

Marvelousgreen wrote:

She's probably inspired lots of people in lots of different ways.....we should send her a fruit basket or something. Razz

You're right about that. How about a fruit basket full of Crunchberries? Idea

chichen02

grain thrower wrote:

"Taken with phone.
(sic) at the ice cream."

I thought Stacy was just a vegetarian. Is she vegan now too? Or if not I'm not getting why she didn't just get the ice cream...
 |  | 
norad
Vintage Newbie

chichen02 wrote:
I thought Stacy was just a vegetarian. Is she vegan now too? Or if not I'm not getting why she didn't just get the ice cream...

She's neither. I think I remember Kim saying her health was suffering so she had to stop? Maybe not...I dunno. Laughing
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

chichen02 wrote:
grain thrower wrote:

"Taken with phone.
(sic) at the ice cream."

because it's unhealthy, I guess. I wouldn't be able to resist, myself.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:
chichen02 wrote:
grain thrower wrote:

"Taken with phone.
(sic) at the ice cream."

because it's unhealthy, I guess. I wouldn't be able to resist, myself.

or she's just lactose intolerant? iono, but one of my lactose friends let me try her soy ice cream once, it tastes WAY better than regular ice cream so idk why stacy wud want to have them anyways...maybe more flavors???

Sherri
Sea Post King

guys!! you are all MUCH to sweet you're makin me aw teary eyed and shtuff!
i LOVE you all you are so amazing and YOU guys inspire me! thank you for all the super sweet things you say.

also, stacy isn't lactose intolerant, we just try to watch what we eat on the road...weellllll, maybe i don't so much. heheh. COME HERE CAVITIES!
But! SoyJoy bars are JUST GOOD! Stacy and I are currently obsessed with them but only have been able to find them at Target so we try to stock up when we're there. You guys should try them they are yum to the Max!

teehee.

love you all,
sherri

My dumb photos for fun.
http://flickr.com/photos/photostoshare1/
A bit of the art...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/
Older art...
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v68/slitgizzard/ArtWork/