Laughing City
alastica
Sea Post King

Man. I just played 'Mr. Pine' for the first time in a while now and was instantly jolted back to when they played it on the Final Noise tour (the first time I saw Eisley) and I'll never forget how AWESOME it was. As good as the new stuff is, I just don't feel like there's anything like Room Noises and hearing just those songs and a few older ones live. That was such a great show.

How were your guys' first experiences with seeing Eisley be it wayyy back in the day or the Room Noises era or the Combinations era? And how do you think it compares to their shows these days?

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fueledbyjessica
Sea Post King

id listened to them for quite some time, but i actually saw them for the first time (finally, i know) this past summer on the tour with The Fray. me and my friend Maegen went cause she wanted to see/hang with Zane cause she hadn't seen him since they left for tour, and i wanted to see Eisley so he came and chilled with us up on the lawn at Smirnoff in Dallas. that was a really fun show, and the last time was the Brewtones hometown show in December. :]
"Baby, breakdown, go ahead and give it to me, breakdown honey, take me through the night, breakdown, now im standin' here, you cant see, breakdown, its all right, its all right..." - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Joined: 15 Aug 2007 | Posts: 257 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I have listened to them for quite some time too, but still haven't seen them live. It's just because I live so far away in eastern Europe. Hopefully they'll come here someday or I'll get a chance to travel to where their shows are.
Anarr
Sea Post King

back in 2005, i saw them with augustana and switchfoot with my friend
i listened to them before the show, so i would know some songs.

the day of the concert, we got the 40 watt early, while walking around,
i saw sherri, stacy, and chauntelle. they said "hey" and told us they were going to starbucks. later, they had soundcheck, and they walked in the front door in a straight line, all of them were looking down at their feet..and everybody in the line was confused why they were going in because they had know idea they were one of the opening bands until they heard soundcheck. when they got on stage, i fell in love with marvelous things. afterwards, all of the band were standing in the parking lot close to a grave yard watching all of augustana's fans signing their trailor. for some reason i will always remember those little details.

[flickr] http://www.flickr.com/photos/artache
[last.fm] http://www.last.fm/user/owlslikeus/
[livejournal] http://anarr.livejournal.com
[myspace] http://www.myspace.com/kkthnxby
TheAntrider wrote:
I'm inspired to quit doing drugs. So inspired that I will start doing drugs just so I can quit them!

ks1990
Lost at Forum

The first time I saw Eisley....hmmm, let's see.

I don't recall ever seeing them.........yet. Embarassed
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I made a thread about it back in the day. Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

The first time! It was at HOB Orlando last November (Mute Math). I'd been listening to them ever since RN hit the shelves, marveling at every nuance of every song. Then I got the EP's because I couldn't get enough. Watched every video on the Web I could find. Then, there they were, up on stage. I just couldn't believe my eyes that they were really there! It was like seeing a dream come true or angels or something! And I know it's going to be just the same when I see them next month! Wahoo!
trinnibee
Sea Post King

well I first heard them while living in Sweden, so I didn't get a chance to see them until I came back to America and I was going to see them last fall, but they sold out before I could get tickets. so I'm hoping to FINALLY see them in May here in Cali.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I got a birthday shout-out at my first Eisley show. woopwoop!
Vintage Newbie

My first show was during the NFG tour. It was about a 25 minute set and they only got a good 6 or 7 songs out. The sound was a bit off I remember. But it was everything I expect and more. It was good to see at least one show with Jon before he left. The only part of the show I really remember was getting to meet them after (my friends and I and about 10-20 other people (nothing compared to how the meet and greet was after the Mute Math set)). Good times.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I saw them at the Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS where there was no a/c and it was flippin' hot. Chauntelle smelled bad too.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Chauntelle smelled bad too.

we all smelled like hell.
fernster
Sea Post King

San Francisco 2005 switchfoot tour.
I remember being way in the back balcony and after a
bit I told my friend "see ya i gotta up front to see this"
worked my way as close to the stage as i could.
haven't missed a show since.

listened today to RN. I really love that reocord. Every song.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

RN rocks! It's a classic. Someday a major critic will quote, "discover" it!