Laughing City
somethingfound
Sea Post King

so, i went on ticketmaster.com to buy my tickets for the eisley show at rocketown. I needed two, and they were supposed to be 16 bucks apiece.

After all the idiotic charges ticketmaster decided to hit me up with, it's going to end up being over 50 dollars. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So, I guess I'll just have to risk it and try to buy them at the door...I really wish eisley wouldn't use ticketmaster, ticketmaster steals your money!
norad
Vintage Newbie

If you live in the same town as the show you should always just go buy them at the venue...or send your grandma too. That's what I do. Laughing
oliez
Vintage Newbie

if you don't live in the town you can always try and calling the box office of the venue and see if you can order them over the phone and ask for will call. Some venues can do that (not all).
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I seriously hate Ticketmaster too. I just don't want pay at the door and risk not getting in or getting in but having a horrible view. The venue they always play at is the venue I always go to... and I always stand in the same, awesome spot. I don't want to lose it.
SaoLibs92
Sea Post King

Oh my gosh! Me too..my ticket cost like 34 bucks...and I would have gone to the venue, but the venue is in downtown Austin and during rush hour it's not exactly the place to go...but oh well, I got my ticket at least
Joined: 06 Aug 2007 | Posts: 26 | Location: Georgetown, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rb
Sea Post King

Did you choose print at home? Those are usually only like a $2 charge instead of the 15 send them or whatever.

Besides, I'm pretty sure it isn't the band that chooses where you can buy tickets, it is the venue. It's like the Warfield here, you can only buy them at ticketmaster or at the door privy to the show no where else.
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
fernster
Sea Post King

hahaheee if you go to ticketmaster and serach for
eisley,their picture comes up under David glenn eisley!!!

ticketmaster i think is a ripoff

ticketslave Shocked

pollyanna87
Sea Post King

ticketmaster is definitely a big ripoff. I bought two tickets for the mutemath tour and it costed me $50. This time I told my friend she had to buy her own ticket.
fernster
Sea Post King

maybe if the band was getting all or most of the money
then fine!....but they are NOT are they?

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

pollyanna87 wrote:
ticketmaster is definitely a big ripoff. I bought two tickets for the mutemath tour and it costed me $50. This time I told my friend she had to buy her own ticket.

Actually it's cheaper to buy tickets together on ticketmaster because they add an extra order charge on top of the individual ticket convenience charges. Usually the order charge is like 4 or 5 bucks, if you buy 2 tickets you get to split that charge with the other person, but if you buy those 2 tickets separately there are 2 order charges.
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

somethingfound wrote:
so, i went on ticketmaster.com to buy my tickets for the eisley show at rocketown. I needed two, and they were supposed to be 16 bucks apiece.

After all the idiotic charges ticketmaster decided to hit me up with, it's going to end up being over 50 dollars. That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. So, I guess I'll just have to risk it and try to buy them at the door...I really wish eisley wouldn't use ticketmaster, ticketmaster steals your money!

its not eisley who uses ticketmaster its the venues choice. but i agree, those service fees are a bunch of malarky!!

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Sometimes it's the venue, and sometimes it's the promoter who selects the ticket vendor. Ticketmaster (aka ticketmonster) is no worse than musictoday as far as charges. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost them $6.50 to mail an envelope with a ticket in it (and that's just shipping.) Fortunatley there are a couple of local vendors for a lot of shows here that are a little better.

You have to wait until you are actually entering the venue at some locations (the ones here, anyway) so if you sent someone down the day before you should check with the venue before making the trip so you aren't going down there for nothing. I drive about 1/2 hr. - 45 mins. minimum for most shows, so I don't want to risk not being able to get in. I usually just bite the bullet and buy a ticket in advance.

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fernster
Sea Post King

whatever happened to going to a tower records, and getting a
ticket there?? Ah the good ole days. i used to mosey down and buy a record or 3 AND a ticket for a cool show........sad, those days are over.

norad
Vintage Newbie

fernster wrote:
whatever happened to going to a tower records, and getting a ticket there??

It closed.
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
pollyanna87 wrote:

Actually it's cheaper to buy tickets together on ticketmaster because they add an extra order charge on top of the individual ticket convenience charges. Usually the order charge is like 4 or 5 bucks, if you buy 2 tickets you get to split that charge with the other person, but if you buy those 2 tickets separately there are 2 order charges.

ohh didn't think of that. she still probably wouldn't pay me. she never paid me for the last show. no tension... i swear. but i think seeing eisley is worth the crazy extra fees of ticketmaster.