Laughing City
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Uh, I was just browsing though the sites of different venues that the band will be touring at and couldn't help but notice the genre this place labeled Eisley and the rest.

http://www.leespalace.com/coming.php3

Did anyone else scoff a bit?
norad
Vintage Newbie

Tuesday April 28: TEXAS Warner Emo Pop
‘EISLEY’ @11:15, ‘Myriad’ @10:00, ‘Vedera’ @9:15 & ‘Envy Corps’ @8:30. $13.50 adv @Tm-Rt-Ss

Confused
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They have been getting that forever. It's just because Eisley have a similar crowd (just not as "emo") and no one knows what the crap to call them. ha.

But Lee's Palace is home to some awesome stuff in the Scott Pilgrim series, which makes me want to see a show there badly. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Tuesday April 28: TEXAS Warner Emo Pop
‘EISLEY’ @11:15, ‘Myriad’ @10:00, ‘Vedera’ @9:15 & ‘Envy Corps’ @8:30. $13.50 adv @Tm-Rt-Ss

Confused

Exactly. How the hell is Eisley "emo pop?" I know Stacy seemed to have been labeled as a bit dark and brooding in the past, but she clearly isn't.

TheAntrider wrote:
They have been getting that forever. It's just because Eisley have a similar crowd (just not as "emo") and no one knows what the crap to call them. ha.

I didn't really know that had the same type of crowd at all. Though I will admit, there were two hardcore emos at the show in Austin. My God, they looked like the spawn on Marylin Manson, I'm not even kidding. I almost crapped myself when I saw them.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

KH Vandread wrote:
I didn't really know that had the same type of crowd at all. Though I will admit, there were two hardcore emos at the show in Austin. My God, they looked like the spawn on Marylin Manson, I'm not even kidding. I almost crapped myself when I saw them.

Well, it's a similar for a meaty part of the age range. Just Eisley fans are the ones who don't tend toward the extremes like overly emo stuff. Or that's what I see. It used to be more pronounced, but things are diversifying better now. Of course, this is just from observation, too.

But mostly, it's just that they don't have a clue what term to use. ha

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

Well, it's a similar for a meaty part of the age range. Just Eisley fans are the ones who don't tend toward the extremes like overly emo stuff. Or that's what I see. It used to be more pronounced, but things are diversifying better now. Of course, this is just from observation, too.

But mostly, it's just that they don't have a clue what term to use. ha

I'd think that "indie pop/rock" would be much better myself.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I dislike the term "indie" for music when it refers to a non-indie artist like Eisley.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
I dislike the term "indie" for music when it refers to a non-indie artist like Eisley.

I kinda thought Eisley was indie. Then again, I am pretty music ignorant, so...

But still not so ignorant to label a non-emo band otherwise >_>
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

Yeah, I didn scoff a bit....these people don't even know what they are talking about....
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I dislike the term "indie" for music when people use it to describe their tastes and how they are better than those "mainstream" listeners.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
I dislike the term "indie" for music when people use it to describe their tastes and how they are better than those "mainstream" listeners.

I just use it as a term for some lesser known bands, though I'm pretty sure I'm a bit off in using it properly.
norad
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:
patrock wrote:

They are on a major label.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
patrock wrote:

They are on a major label.

Yeah...I gotta find a better term so I do not sound like such a dolt.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Trying to define what "indie" means is a huge waste of time at this point. It used to mean an unsigned band; then it got applied to anyone with a certain kind of production value, regardless of their label status. Now it's thrown hither and yon by music bloggers and so-called journalists who aren't educated enough to track down a more precise term or creative enough to invent their own.

I think classifying Eisley as emo is just proof that the venue's employees didn't actually bother to listen to the music--or at best, they only heard "Telescope Eyes". Rolling Eyes

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

They got the "pop" part right.
Give them half credit.

goto page
 | next >>