30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
I'm not sure...maybe...I think so...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

*bumble
Sea Post King

Hi everyone! I joined LC awhile ago but this is officially my first post and I'm quite nervous about how it will be perceived, but anyway...

Since this is the music forum I wanted to tell ya'll about this great band that has been around for several years called superchic[k]. I'm sure some of you have heard of them seeing as you have great taste in music. But I am really excited because they just released their first ever music video(you can watch it on mtv.com) unless you count their el cheapo video for "Barlow Girl"(which I don't even though it's cool). I just wanted ya'll to know about this awesome upcoming band. They just signed with Columbia but they're also still with their original label, Inpop. They sound absolutely nothing like Eisley but they are talented like Eisley. And if you do decide to check them out go with their older stuff (Karaoke Superstars, Last One Picked). Whoa, sorry. That was really long. Tell me what you think!
Joined: 24 Apr 2006 | Posts: 2 | Location: In the heart of the South
McKenzies
Vintage Newbie

Welcome! I've heard OF them, but never heard them.
Golly Lindsay
Sea Post King

Yeah, I have two songs of theirs on my computer.
fragileaswelie
Sea Post King

yay for superchick! They're one of my favorite bands. Very Happy

Back in the day Eisley commented on my myspace with the following:
'Somebody is sure you love
"the cat's pajama's".

thanks for everything no
matter what that means Smile'

@fragileaswelie
Andrew
Lost at Forum

The first show I met boyd at but did not get to see (moss) eisley play was a superchick show in 2000 or 2001 ( I dont remeber) at the door in dallas. So yes Ive heard of them.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

i likie thems a lot Very Happy
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Oh man....way back to 2000...that's when I first saw them. Them and The Benjamin Gate were the two bands that got me into music...good times at Festival Con Dios.

They were also my first street team. They sent out some cool stuff...which I still have and looks like I could sell for a lot of money now that they're big.

I saw them live about 7 times. Not once after Last One Picked. I don't think I'd like them live now, without Max...hm...good times with Superchic[k]. Now they're all grown up and on mtv...soon to be bigger than Eisley, well I guess they already had that...
*bumble
Sea Post King

s[k] was on mtv?!! When?! Why?! NOOOOOO!!!! Anyway...I'm so glad there are some s[k] fans on here. Oliez, it's cool that you've seen them so many times(only a couple more times than I have). But I really think you'd still like them live. They're just as fun as they were when all they had to play was KS. And Max is still in the band, he's just been really busy lately working on their new release of Beauty From Pain and producing stuff for other artists.
Vintage Newbie

They will be. They're new video is on mtv.com and we all know mtv and vh1 and all the others, with the backing (MONEY) from their new record compant, will take notice.

yeah. I know he is still in the band as mostly producer (as he's always done). But him playing with them added something that I don't think they can make up for...I don't know about it.

It's always strange when things like this happen. I'll miss helping them load their van trailer and talking to them and them remembering me from the first show (it was a festival and I didn't even meet them, they just reconized me from the crowd and Melissa asked if that was me every show I was "that festival con dios kid") They always knew how to make you feel like you were the last fan they'll ever have.

Maybe I should go see them again for old time's sake. They better be playin some Karoke...
woman4life
Golly, Poster

I saw them play without Max at Creation Northwest, and they sounded pretty good and still had a great stage presentation. Max is also an incredible photographer.

They are going to be here three days before Eisley on May 5. I get to work at the show, so it will be fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
norad
Vintage Newbie

Two year old thread bump???
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Yea, I'm going to see them next month and I'm going to be helping with catering. Last time I tried to start a thread with the same band on a forum someone linked me to an old thread. I knew it was old but didn't notice HOW old. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I have seen superchick live three times.
It is funny because I am a 28 yeard old male. and target audience is 14 year old girls.

I remember getting stared at during the concerts cuz id be singing "one girl revolution" or what not.

I have met them every time i saw them. I used to have a thing for tricia (the lead singer). but not so much anymore.

but year before i loved eisley, there was superchick.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

Heard of them, heard some of their music, and personally, I can't stand them.
That's my opinion.

-----------------------------------------

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

------------------------------------------

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller