Laughing City
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Does anyone have any?

I have a BlackBerry Curve, and I just figured out how to upload stuff onto my phone from my laptop. I made a ringtone out of the new intro for ICBTFY. Very Happy

Rb
Sea Post King

I used to use a program called mp3 to ringtone gold, where you would just load up an mp3, highlight the potion of the song that you want, and it will make it into a small aaif or whatever file your phone needs.

edit: ah i looks like it is a 5 second trial, i can probably find you a key but i don't want to disrupt the board policy stuff.
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
norad
Vintage Newbie

I have Marsh King's Daughter on my phone. I used audacity to cut a clip of the song and put it on my phone. I'm not gonna pay $3 for a crappy ringtone.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

I have a handful of Eisley ringtones (five or six), but they haven't gotten much use since I'm rather attached to my Arrested Development theme.

For anyone who doesn't want to bother with programs, I highly recommend Myxer Tones. You can either edit a song to length with a program on your computer and upload that, or upload the whole song and select which part you want for your ringtone. Totally free and works with all providers/phones (that I know of.) I do have a key for MP3 to Ringtone Gold if you're interested though, Rb.

Sea Post King

Mooncutter wrote:
I have a handful of Eisley ringtones (five or six), but they haven't gotten much use since I'm rather attached to my Arrested Development theme.

For anyone who doesn't want to bother with programs, I highly recommend Myxer Tones. You can either edit a song to length with a program on your computer and upload that, or upload the whole song and select which part you want for your ringtone. Totally free and works with all providers/phones (that I know of.) I do have a key for MP3 to Ringtone Gold if you're interested though, Rb.

Oh no worries, I can get pretty easily just didn't want to post it on here and get warned about it. Thanks though! I used to use it a long time ago to make ringtones for friends, but as for myself sadly the phone I use is 3 years old and pretty much doesn't have the ability to play mp3s. I think once a couple years back I sent just a midi to it and it sounded completely messed up. So yep vibrate all the time, no matter what Wink The program you suggested sounds like it is pretty good, probably a lot better than finding where on the audio spectrum the part of the song you want to use is :p
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
davegahan
Sea Post King

Invasion as a ring and ringback tone
Jared x
Lost at Forum

davegahan wrote:
Invasion as a ring and ringback tone

Ringback?

davegahan
Sea Post King

^when someone calls your phone, a voice prompt says "Please enjoy the music until your party is reached"... and then it plays a clip of the song until you answer or the call goes to voicemail.
Pretty sweet.

Charl!3
Sea Post King

I have this one program where i can as many ringtones as i want...its great. I recently made my sis a ringtone with the song A Sight to Behold!
rainbowmagic
Sea Post King

hook it up jared!
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Here you go. It starts sort of suddenly, but oh well. It is 24 seconds long, which is a decent length I suppose; the Keane ringtone I bought ages ago is 19 seconds long.
ync
Golly, Poster

i made a sight to behold and sunfeet ringtone for my phone :]

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I have Marvelous Things as my ringtone, but my phone is usually on vibrate.
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

On my iPhone I made a ringtone of ICBTFY right at the "Ring ring ring ring where are you hiding?" part.

Totes worth it.
Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

brandy alexander wrote:
On my iPhone I made a ringtone of ICBTFY right at the "Ring ring ring ring where are you hiding?" part.

Totes worth it.

That's awesome, actually.

goto page
 | next >>